geoff taking some shots at dungey

8/27/2015 4:20pm
Oh don't get me wrong I'd never want to damage the nationals in any country.

I love ours and most of the Europe nationals, and I really enjoy the Canadians , especially the commentators Laughing

The GP series is as close as it gets to global involvement and is the only World Series, it covers as many continents as possible really, gotta consider the teams and the costs, maybe in ten years it'll look different who knows.
Moto810
8/27/2015 8:17pm
Moto810 wrote:
I would guess it is. Then again I am not you right? I am myself and I know how to make a business that is used...
I would guess it is. Then again I am not you right? I am myself and I know how to make a business that is used all around the world by thousands upon thousands of people. So I do feel there is a solution to the problem. Problems are meant to be solved, fixed, and improved upon.
The Rock wrote:
I like your positive attitude. So are you actually going to do this or just tell us how easy it would be to do for someone...
I like your positive attitude. So are you actually going to do this or just tell us how easy it would be to do for someone with your skill set?

Notice I said "the persons in charge of this sport" and that is not you or I. I have offered many times to help the sport and even local tracks. Guess what the response is? "Give us some money and we will take care of what needs to be done"

Most track owners are not business people. The AMA and FIM work against each other and often claim "we can't do anything about it" People come on here and bitch all the time yet nothing changes because those in charge won't allow it to change. Change means they might loose their position within the sport and thus not get their money.

(As a side note I did change my industry! The whole dang thing! They laughed at me when I first started building what I built and then they hated me and now they want to be like my company! My customers are more like fans. So change is possible and it will happen in Motocross also one day.)
The Rock
8/27/2015 11:09pm Edited Date/Time 8/27/2015 11:16pm
EDIT best of luck with your studies and hope the tibia is healing nicely.
The Rock
8/27/2015 11:20pm
No I was trying to not put you down for being a high school student who thinks he knows everything but now I realize you really are a know it all. You will be surprised how much you will learn between 18 and 21 plus be impressed with how much smarter everyone else is.

The Shop

The Rock
8/27/2015 11:35pm
Your posts only reinforce my previous comments. I rest my case.
PalerBlue
8/27/2015 11:56pm
NOBODY (but you) said they were...................

(over and out).
The Rock
8/28/2015 12:00am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2015 1:08am
Moto810 wrote:
Notice I said "the persons in charge of this sport" and that is not you or I. I have offered many times to help the sport...
Notice I said "the persons in charge of this sport" and that is not you or I. I have offered many times to help the sport and even local tracks. Guess what the response is? "Give us some money and we will take care of what needs to be done"

Most track owners are not business people. The AMA and FIM work against each other and often claim "we can't do anything about it" People come on here and bitch all the time yet nothing changes because those in charge won't allow it to change. Change means they might loose their position within the sport and thus not get their money.

(As a side note I did change my industry! The whole dang thing! They laughed at me when I first started building what I built and then they hated me and now they want to be like my company! My customers are more like fans. So change is possible and it will happen in Motocross also one day.)
I can't even begin to respond to your dodging the easy issue but best of luck with everything. BTW there is no the AMA as there are two and have been ever since AMA Pro Racing was sold to DMG.

EDIT: It is easy to make claims but harder to back them up. Please provide examples of the AMA and FIM working against each other and whether it is a SX or MX related issue.
The Rock
8/28/2015 2:05am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2015 2:10am
PalerBlue wrote:
NOBODY (but you) said they were...................

(over and out).
Noble of you to try and help.

EK29K To be clear I admire your passion but remember old age and treachery will always top youth and exuberance. Seriously.

That's not true RE: Rock like he always does with me. If you are honest you'll note my posts only shifted to your age the last few days after weeks after reading your posts and thinking (may my beloved cat Andy Moto drop dead now if I am lying) this guy has to be in his 20s but then when I saw you were in high school it I couldn't help but challenge some of your assertions. I believe Lackey and Laporte both would take issue of what your view of a true World Championship is. My challenges to you are from your lack of experience nothing more.

When I was 17 I didn't have four decades in this sport yet or two decades being in professional racing both being on a team then after that introducing new products and technology to race teams. I got lucky that one of my best friends started Honda of Troy and the rest is history. Phil Alderton always said "Rock it's like we played high school football and then I bought a team."

Man I miss that guy.
8/28/2015 4:02am
Dungey needs to race the USGP and show em what he got. [b]Everyone is entitles to their opinion, but for GP lovers it is a disappointing...
Dungey needs to race the USGP and show em what he got.

Everyone is entitles to their opinion, but for GP lovers it is a disappointing statement from the American champion, and one he can’t back up as he won’t be racing the USGP in September, instead taking a rest to prepare for the Red Bull Straight Line event and the Monster Energy Cup.

500guy wrote:
Dungey needs to do what He wants and not be goaded into anything that will never prove a thing. So they are upset, Dungey say's GP...
Dungey needs to do what He wants and not be goaded into anything that will never prove a thing.

So they are upset, Dungey say's GP tracks suck and He's not interested. To freaking bad.
lostboy819 wrote:
After taking an interest in the GPs for the first time because RV was there and after seeing the tracks and 3rd world countries that have...
After taking an interest in the GPs for the first time because RV was there and after seeing the tracks and 3rd world countries that have a GP I agree with Dungey that the GP tracks suck and I will go one better and say the whole GP series is lame, no wonder most of the fast GP riders want to come to ride in the USA. Wink
Yeah sure chief,and there are some truly great tracks and venues too,props to RV for taking it on,the greatest American rider of his generation,shame he got injured and couldn't stick around to see more,like many of his fans

Lame series? Hey have your trolling matter of opinion,Dungey's comments are cheap, and disrespectful, I take it as the best series anywhere,lame to many is 18 rounds of that travelling circus ,
ATKpilot99
8/28/2015 4:15am
This is beginning to resemble a Nerd thread.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
8/28/2015 7:13am
Oh don't get me wrong I'd never want to damage the nationals in any country. I love ours and most of the Europe nationals, and I...

I love ours and most of the Europe nationals, and I really enjoy the Canadians , especially the commentators Laughing

The GP series is as close as it gets to global involvement and is the only World Series, it covers as many continents as possible really, gotta consider the teams and the costs, maybe in ten years it'll look different who knows.
Well there are two definitions of a World Series - one that travels around the world during competition and one that has competition from all around the world come to compete in. MXGP fills the first role but does it fill the second? Only partially because the top talent is split between MXGP and the Pro Motocross Championship.

I don't have any interest in getting in the middle of the current wiener measuring contest. I just think that should be clarified.
philG
8/28/2015 8:12am
i wish i was still young enough to know everything .
RG1
8/28/2015 8:14am
philG wrote:
i wish i was still young enough to know everything .
You act it
8/28/2015 8:27am
Oh don't get me wrong I'd never want to damage the nationals in any country. I love ours and most of the Europe nationals, and I...

731chopper wrote:
Well there are two definitions of a World Series - one that travels around the world during competition and one that has competition from all around...
Well there are two definitions of a World Series - one that travels around the world during competition and one that has competition from all around the world come to compete in. MXGP fills the first role but does it fill the second? Only partially because the top talent is split between MXGP and the Pro Motocross Championship.

I don't have any interest in getting in the middle of the current wiener measuring contest. I just think that should be clarified.
Come on man Look at the roster of riders and their home countries.

Just because it's not choc full of Americans doesn't make it less eligible as a world championship, want to place that comment and logic against MOTOGP, WSB, F1?

Your dicks size is safe btw mate as is mine hahaaa, I'm not measuring, I doubt anybody could agree on the variables to be used anyway if it's anything like this thread lol.

8/28/2015 9:00am
Your dicks size is safe btw mate as is mine hahaaa, I'm not measuring, I doubt anybody could agree on the variables to be used anyway if it's anything like this thread lol.

Well with a name like chopper , I certainly wont be comparing my todger with him !
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
8/28/2015 9:01am
Come on man Look at the roster of riders and their home countries. Just because it's not choc full of Americans doesn't make it less eligible...

Just because it's not choc full of Americans doesn't make it less eligible as a world championship, want to place that comment and logic against MOTOGP, WSB, F1?

16 of the top 20 are from Europe. 2 are from Australia, 1 from South Africa and 1 from USA. Yes, I realize Europe is made up of different Countries but they are small Countries similar in size to the States in the United States.

Pro Motocross is mostly Americans along with 4 from Europe (Pourcel, Deano, Roczen, Noren), 1 from Australia (Reed) along with a few more Europeans (Musquin, Tonus), South American (Davalos) and the occasional Canadian in the 250 class.

You don't see the similarity between the two?
DPR250R
8/28/2015 9:03am

731chopper wrote:
Well there are two definitions of a World Series - one that travels around the world during competition and one that has competition from all around...

Well said. I agree.
Zracer
8/28/2015 9:30am
Come on man Look at the roster of riders and their home countries. Just because it's not choc full of Americans doesn't make it less eligible...

731chopper wrote:
16 of the top 20 are from Europe. 2 are from Australia, 1 from South Africa and 1 from USA. Yes, I realize Europe is made...
16 of the top 20 are from Europe. 2 are from Australia, 1 from South Africa and 1 from USA. Yes, I realize Europe is made up of different Countries but they are small Countries similar in size to the States in the United States.

Pro Motocross is mostly Americans along with 4 from Europe (Pourcel, Deano, Roczen, Noren), 1 from Australia (Reed) along with a few more Europeans (Musquin, Tonus), South American (Davalos) and the occasional Canadian in the 250 class.

You don't see the similarity between the two?
NO? These " little countries" in Europe have unique cultures, their own languages , their own historys. Many have fought countless wars against many of the others. A "Country" isnt simply defined by geography.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
8/28/2015 9:46am
Zracer wrote:
NO? These " little countries" in Europe have unique cultures, their own languages , their own historys. Many have fought countless wars against many of the...
NO? These " little countries" in Europe have unique cultures, their own languages , their own historys. Many have fought countless wars against many of the others. A "Country" isnt simply defined by geography.
No shit. I wasn't comparing different cultures. I've been to Europe several times, have seen some of the ruins left by said wars and I respect the different cultures. I was referring to "riders from around the world" as in the distance traveled from where they call home. To put it into perspective, I think Spain to Russia is similar in distance as Washington to Florida.

But, whatever. I said I didn't want to get involved in this pissing contest. So call me wrong, an idiot, etc. Whatever somebody says that disagrees with me is right. I don't care anymore.
Zracer
8/28/2015 9:54am
Zracer wrote:
NO? These " little countries" in Europe have unique cultures, their own languages , their own historys. Many have fought countless wars against many of the...
731chopper wrote:
No shit. I wasn't comparing different cultures. I've been to Europe several times, have seen some of the ruins left by said wars and I respect...
No shit. I wasn't comparing different cultures. I've been to Europe several times, have seen some of the ruins left by said wars and I respect the different cultures. I was referring to "riders from around the world" as in the distance traveled from where they call home. To put it into perspective, I think Spain to Russia is similar in distance as Washington to Florida.

But, whatever. I said I didn't want to get involved in this pissing contest. So call me wrong, an idiot, etc. Whatever somebody says that disagrees with me is right. I don't care anymore.
Ok , my response was one of my most benign posts ever. So if you are somehow upset by that.... thats on you.
8/28/2015 2:30pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2015 2:33pm
Zracer wrote:
731chopper wrote:
No shit. I wasn't comparing different cultures. I've been to Europe several times, have seen some of the ruins left by said wars and I respect...

Mate comparing distance isn't what this is about, no wonder it's America vs everybody else is it? You just did it.

I'm out because no matter how I type this it's going to be an argument and I'm piss bored of them.

And the thread of this title is fucked! Nowhere did Geoff take a shot at RD. No fucking wonder there's so much misguided hatred really.
kkawboy14
8/28/2015 4:45pm
Zracer wrote:
731chopper wrote:

Mate comparing distance isn't what this is about, no wonder it's America vs everybody else is it? You just did it. I'm out because no matter...
Mate comparing distance isn't what this is about, no wonder it's America vs everybody else is it? You just did it.

I'm out because no matter how I type this it's going to be an argument and I'm piss bored of them.

And the thread of this title is fucked! Nowhere did Geoff take a shot at RD. No fucking wonder there's so much misguided hatred really.
I totally agree with you!
jeffro503
8/28/2015 5:57pm
Zracer wrote:
731chopper wrote:

Mate comparing distance isn't what this is about, no wonder it's America vs everybody else is it? You just did it. I'm out because no matter...

Jamie , I think what it all boils down to is , we both ( groups on both sides of the pond ) love our own series. Nothing wrong with that at all. Even though we all get tied up in the middle of debating this stuff back and forth , it all boils down to , we love this sport. It doesn't matter where you're from , how old you are , what color your skin is , how rich or broke you are....if you love it , you love it. I know I can get dragged into these stupid arguments over and over , and that sucks. But to be honest , I love watching the GP races just as much as I do the AMA series. Good racing , is good racing. At the local level , I get just about as much enjoyment watching two beginners go at it , then I do two pro / int riders go it. Just want to watch some good racing is all.

Post a reply to: geoff taking some shots at dungey

The Latest