gear sponsorship vs. non moto sponsorship?

roninho
Edited Date/Time 12/11/2019 8:10am
Recently there was a topic about Michael Leib offering SX sponsorship, and he had some nice graphics from non-moto sponsorships with gear fully customised in the color & logos of non-moto companies.

That got me thinking, when i look at MXGP and MX2 i see that the gear companies essentially dominates what the appearance of the rider will look like. Some examples of good sub-top riders in MX2 and MXGP (Renaux & Just1, Pootjes & O'neal, Simpson and fly):

I am actually surprised to see the gear company dominate both the sponsor logos as well as the color combination (the sets are actually sets that is part of their product line)

Leib was looking at 15k per sx round in sponsorship. My question is are these gear companies spending those kinds of $ on medium/subtop gp riders to be able to dominate the look and feel that much? Or are we looking at different kind of $?
|
Adam43
12/11/2019 8:32am
Gear contracts in the GPs can be pretty decent because they have good exposure to markets all over the world and gear is sold everywhere.

By the same coin, I think they have a tough time with title sponsors because its tough to find one that even cares about overseas markets.
roninho
12/11/2019 2:21pm
Yeah for gear sponsors its the way to acces their core group of potential customers. So i'm not surprised to see them spend money. I guess i'm just surprised to not see more non industry sponsors getting into it.
Especially since i dont see o'neil spending a fortune on Diga or fly on simpson. But i might be wrong on that.

Post a reply to: gear sponsorship vs. non moto sponsorship?

The Latest