game over KR

tek14
4/18/2021 12:38am
KR needs some testo on his menu.
4/18/2021 12:48am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2021 12:55am
he just moved over and let Webb pass ..unreal... Kenny is done , fight is over , if there was a fight Wink Webb is an animal and how he turns it around and win this one .Halfway i expected Tomac and Barcia to pass Webb and so make Roczens win a great one for points .. Kenny lost today , not once but twice and thats weird to see from a german who are known to battle for it untill last second ...
CPR
4/18/2021 1:46am
Come on, this time it wasn’t a case of Webb running Roczen down, Roczen lost that race all by himself, and Webb with his true champion mentality was ready to take advantage.
No way Webb, or anyone, runs Roczen down tonight unless Roczen beats himself, which he did, again. Actually a bit sad to watch such an awesome talent struggle so much.
4/18/2021 1:53am
I think Ken is more in his own head than Cooper. He’s probably the fastest guy on the track, like we saw for most of the race again, but when it’s crunch time he thinks twice and takes the safe route rather than pushes it. Can’t blame him, but that’s the difference in the championship.

The Shop

4/18/2021 2:42am
Welp it was a good season. Onto moto...at least Kenny has him there
I wouldn’t be so sure about that. I don’t think Kenny is in tip top shape like Coop
Raikzz
4/18/2021 2:47am
Anyone remember when Roczen was the most confident rider on the track few years back? The dude who came to press conference in suit, having confidence like a f''cking McGregor! How things change!
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
4/18/2021 4:03am
Yuban156 wrote:
Crazy part is when in the intermission interview he said he really didn’t care if he won the championship while reggae/ island music played. He doesn’t...
Crazy part is when in the intermission interview he said he really didn’t care if he won the championship while reggae/ island music played. He doesn’t care, it’s family time. This will be hard to produce a championship when a dozen sharks are willing to risk it all.
As a fan that was a pretty disappointing thing to hear him say. Even more so when he went out and backed it up. I get it his young son doesn’t care if he doesn’t win, there’s more important things in life and all, but I bet the guys signing his paychecks care. I’m still a fan but I’m more of a casual fan now. If he wins great, if he doesn’t ? That’s fine too. I’m not going to care more than he does.
teamddr
4/18/2021 4:19am
I wonder if Honda cares about these melt downs when a win is there. Has a reached saturation point where he’s made more than he will ever need.
4/18/2021 5:01am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2021 5:10am
What the hell is up with people saying Honda should be looking for a new rider? Last I checked Ken is 2nd in points with a shot still at the title. He's literally beating almost all of the most stacked field ever including multiple past champions and his other Honda teammate.

If Honda were to "push him out" as some monkey suggested, who exactly would they sign on in his place? Looking at the results it's not going to be anyone better...

When he's feeling it he's arguably the fastest rider on earth. Even tonight he had 12 seconds over 2nd. Sure he imploded a bit, but he still beat everyone else bar Webb. Who else would Honda want given they can't have Webb?
4/18/2021 5:02am
I expected him to send it in the whoops to get him back but nope, just jump them... ???
Also thought he let him by so he could rough him up, bunch em... nope nothing.
What a let down.. having said that I still believed Coop would of handled the pressure better over the last 2 rounds in a tight points battle so it might not of mattered..
Great job CW2021 Champ!
deluxeman
4/18/2021 5:09am
Boomslang wrote:
No fight left in Ken and I believe the reason is that his injuries have left him with a mental block as clearly he is afraid...
No fight left in Ken and I believe the reason is that his injuries have left him with a mental block as clearly he is afraid to hang it all out when it counts.

Furthermore, I can see the brass at Honda getting frustrated with their investment in Ken. Won't suprise me if Ken decides to retire at the end of the year as his ship has sailed.

I'm certainly a Ken fan and wish him all the best.

Now the rumour mill can start grinding....Marv is rumoured to be retiring and IF Roczen does quit or is asked to quit then there will be two first class rides available.
kpiper wrote:
You realize he was one tip over tonight from taking it to a 10 point gap. He may quit as you say but his ship sure...
You realize he was one tip over tonight from taking it to a 10 point gap.

He may quit as you say but his ship sure has not sailed.

His speed tonight for 75% of the race was unreal.
So do they score points in the 1st half or the last half? I’m confused.
foreman52
Fantasy
3183rd
4/18/2021 5:16am
I didn’t think there was a glimmer of chance Coop was winning tonight when seeing those whoops. He proved me wrong...that was one deadly championship ride. I can’t believe Kenny threw that away.
VetRider97
4/18/2021 5:17am
Hendo241 wrote:
Roczen crashed, panicked, and pumped up! 100% arm pump IMO. Just not in Webb’s shape. Huge KR94 fan, was tough to watch.
Agree, KR crashes and it takes all his momentum and rhythm away and everything tightens up, CW see's gap close and it lights a fire . The whole mental and physical picture of race and both riders changed with that crash.
We have all seen it numerous times, in situations like this CW has either a mental or physical (or both) advantage at end of races knowing he has chased KR down numerous times over last couple of years and it seems the opposite for KR. IMO KR's injury experiences and having a family to take care of it's enough to tip the scale.

cool_hand
4/18/2021 5:27am
Roczen moved over when Webb took that corner, and Webb wasn't really that aggressive....the GOAT's gotta be eatin' some crow after all that, "Webb would be lucky to be on the podium,.there's a lot of guys faster than him..." " No way, Webb catches Kenny tonight,.." etc. Webb proved all the haters wrong last night.
4/18/2021 5:55am
What the hell is up with people saying Honda should be looking for a new rider? Last I checked Ken is 2nd in points with a...
What the hell is up with people saying Honda should be looking for a new rider? Last I checked Ken is 2nd in points with a shot still at the title. He's literally beating almost all of the most stacked field ever including multiple past champions and his other Honda teammate.

If Honda were to "push him out" as some monkey suggested, who exactly would they sign on in his place? Looking at the results it's not going to be anyone better...

When he's feeling it he's arguably the fastest rider on earth. Even tonight he had 12 seconds over 2nd. Sure he imploded a bit, but he still beat everyone else bar Webb. Who else would Honda want given they can't have Webb?
They don't need to get anyone they already have Sexton. He's the future
Mavetism
4/18/2021 6:48am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2021 6:50am
Raikzz wrote:
Anyone remember when Roczen was the most confident rider on the track few years back? The dude who came to press conference in suit, having confidence...
Anyone remember when Roczen was the most confident rider on the track few years back? The dude who came to press conference in suit, having confidence like a f''cking McGregor! How things change!
How things change? Doesn't matter how confident he was in 2017. Fact is that 2021 is his best SX season ever. And who knows if he even gets better next year. He only improved every year since 2018.

So much hate on a second place rider. People talking about retirement and stuff. There is nobody except Roczen who is able to challenge Cooper Webb in SX right now.

Yes, I would also love to see Kenny get more aggressive towards Webb, but who can blame him after what happened in 2018? Just imagine this pictures going through his mind everytime Webb is close to him.
Nairb#70
4/18/2021 6:59am
There's always the great outdoors.
Pop Shmoke
4/18/2021 7:30am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2021 7:31am
That pull over was the move of someone thats comfortable. He knows hes on HRC Honda, rich, and coast to a 2nd and still bring home the bacon. Tom Brady has been playing football 21 years and will still eat someones face to win a preseason game. That pullover was like the 20 yr qb who takes a knee n runs out the clock with timeouts on the board. Come on Ken, wtf. I swear Coop and Villopoto were built different by being whooped on by AC and Alessi throughout their entire childhoods. That puts a hunger in you that money cant fix. Coop remembers driving home in the shitty motorhome with his 5 2nd place trophies to AC and hes never going to forget that. Not saying Ken hasnt struggled he has, its just a different struggle. Kens adversity was physical pain, Coops was mental anguish, it breeds 2 different horses.
Motofinne
4/18/2021 7:45am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2021 7:47am
I don't think some of you grasp how serious HRC is with racing and winning. Having heard stories about the culture within HRC Japan, i can't imagine that they've been happy with the way Roczen has just folded against Webb in 1 vs 1 battles.
4/18/2021 7:48am
Hi Side wrote:
Dang! I'm a Roczen fan but Coop is living rent free in his head and has been for a while now.
ktmdan wrote:
That saying has been beaten to death can we stop
X1000

It is so f**king played out.

So, what you are both saying. Rent free, is actually, living in your guys head, RENT FREE? SillyWoohooLaughingTongue
kpiper
4/18/2021 8:34am
Raikzz wrote:
Anyone remember when Roczen was the most confident rider on the track few years back? The dude who came to press conference in suit, having confidence...
The thing is that was not real confidence. That was an attempt to gain confidence.

The same way Kenny now says it is all ok if he doesn't win. That is actually true for him but saying it is a way to try and take the pressure off of himself.

Kenny does not deal with pressure as well as Webb does. Tomac doesn't either for that matter.
4/18/2021 9:10am
What's the points difference after last night, 16? And what would it have been had Kenny held him off?
You would think with things being that close and a few rounds left Kenny would be winning the championship, or die trying.
Instead he gives up a huge lead and doesn't put up much of a fight when being passed. C'mon ken, if you don't want it for yourself do it for the fans. Anyone but Webb.
Motodave15
4/18/2021 9:25am
What the hell is up with people saying Honda should be looking for a new rider? Last I checked Ken is 2nd in points with a...

Honda pushed out MC/ RC after championships.... don't get it twisted, they will cut riders out/off faster than almost all other manufacturers.
ShawdowGlen
4/18/2021 9:45am
ktmdan wrote:
That saying has been beaten to death can we stop
X1000

It is so f**king played out.

1911 wrote:
So, what you are both saying. Rent free, is actually, living in your guys head, RENT FREE? SillyWoohooLaughingTongue
Well played, sir.... Wink
kpiper
4/18/2021 10:16am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2021 10:17am
buck nutty wrote:
What's the points difference after last night, 16? And what would it have been had Kenny held him off? You would think with things being that...
What's the points difference after last night, 16? And what would it have been had Kenny held him off?
You would think with things being that close and a few rounds left Kenny would be winning the championship, or die trying.
Instead he gives up a huge lead and doesn't put up much of a fight when being passed. C'mon ken, if you don't want it for yourself do it for the fans. Anyone but Webb.
Kenny does not want to "die trying" to win the championship. Webb would.
Bradshaw Fan
4/18/2021 10:38am
If Sexton can be in the front with Kenny the next two races there's a slim chance. You have to think after listening to their interviews from Atlanta 2, Sexton would block for Ken or let Ken by just like Marv did for Dungey in 2017. It happens it just not talked about. Kenny has been through a lot and does not have the fight he once had and will most likely lose this championship.
4/18/2021 10:43am
I don’t understand the hate Webb gets around here, the guy is an animal and seems to only care about winning. How can you not respect that?
4/18/2021 10:44am
I don’t understand the hate Webb gets around here, the guy is an animal and seems to only care about winning. How can you not respect...
I don’t understand the hate Webb gets around here, the guy is an animal and seems to only care about winning. How can you not respect that?
Huh? I must be in different threads than you. I don't see Webb getting any hate at all
4/18/2021 11:16am
Park Boys wrote:
Sort of agree but Roczen is a hell of a lot closer then Webb.
Definitely disagree with the "hell of a lot closer"

KR has two Outdoor 450 championships.
CW is two races away from two SX championships.

I guess it depends on how you value each championship.. But it feels to me that the SX is more 'desired' by the riders. Despite what us longtime hardcore fans think, it appears the riders REALLY want to win at SX more than MX. Money maybe? Of course, to have both is the ultimate crown.

Post a reply to: game over KR

The Latest