east/west vs national

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2018 3:41 PM

Whats everyones opinion of a national 250sx series?

I for a long time thought a naitonal title was the way, its obvious as these are guys are all professionals and their points are counted to nationally earned numbers and 250 series would put all these awesome riders together.

but

what is the most exciting series to watch? the east west. why? because the series is shorter it keeps the title points tight and no one runs away halfway through the year. what would happen with a full 17 round 250 class? about the same as the 450's. think about the motocross series and how exciting that is. it usually dies out a bit towards the end.

additionally, a lot of teams would end up scaling back their rider list as no one would run a 4 man team that long. smaller teams like 5150 or clubmx or ibcorp would most likely fold up operations or scale down their rosters as well as these teams are only funded to run for half the year.

I love these east/west shootouts i hope to see one or two more added but, i sure hope the east west doesnt go away.

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

3/26/2018 3:44 PM

Good points and would be interesting to watch.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

3/26/2018 3:46 PM

What if they did 6 East, 6 West and 5 combined and handed out 3 number 1 plates

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

3/26/2018 4:05 PM

450sx, 250sx, 125sx north, south, east, west 4 races 12 minute mains only in night show, all qualifying during the day. 125 combined top 5 each region in Vegas.

|

3/26/2018 5:13 PM

USA wrote:

What if they did 6 East, 6 West and 5 combined and handed out 3 number 1 plates

Do this with one plate

|

3/26/2018 6:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2018 6:18 PM

I was thinking they should do a short series for rookies/up-and-coming riders/privateers, and make the "250 Supercross" series 10 rounds, meanwhile there can be 6 rounds in there for rookies, privateers, or riders looking to make a name of themselves (maybe similar to how they do under 19 in Australia). The remaining round would be open for everyone (probably Vegas) and take place of the old East/West shootout. I'm not sure how the ruling of the (lets just call it under 22 yrs class) class would be, or how riders would advance into the 250 Supercross class, but it's something to discuss. This way, the 250 class would still (in a way) be considered a development class into the premiers, but have both coasts go at it. The under 22s would be for privateers, rookies, etc, and make it where you have to move up once you reach a certain number of wins or points, sort of like how it is now with pointing out systems. This doesn't mean that the under 22 class would be a lot of privateers not making night shows, it would be for kids like Sean Cantrell, Michael Mosiman, Ramyller Alves, Challen Tennant, Josh Osby, Chase Sexton, Austin Forkner (last year), Mitchell Harrison, Brandon Hartranft, etc. If anyone is following along on this broken up thought I'm having, then it would be great.

|

3/26/2018 6:33 PM

I think the sport has outgrown the coast bullshit. Everyone will cry privateer foul. The days of showing up with the hopes of doing well on a non factory bike are almost gone. I get it, it’s cost effective for true privateers but like i said above.. the sport has outgrown itself in that regard.

Think about other sports. Football, basketball etc. scouts go out and find them young and push them to the top. That’s where our sport is now. If jimmy privateer didn’t make it .. well.. sucks for you.

The top 8 guys in each coast are usually full on factory riders and get paid a lot for a 8 race series. Combine the coast and you have 16 factory bikes in the gate with better racing and a better series

|

3/26/2018 7:10 PM

In the press conference all the 250 guys said they would like a 17 race series.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”