early silly season

hartebreak
Fantasy
246th
1/27/2014 8:19pm Edited Date/Time 1/28/2014 7:41pm
Just sitting here thinking about this coming offseason/silly season. It seems like Kenny is the biggest name out there with a contract that is up. As a Kenny and KTM fan I would really like to see him re-up with the team and take over the role as team leader. My gut tells me he is leaving for either Kawi or Yoshzuki. I really think with Roger and Aldon in his corner he could be the next dominant rider for the foreseeable future. Any opinions?
|
mx_563
1/27/2014 8:49pm
Having lived in Germany for a few years, my opinion is that Germans are going to have a strong sentiment for an Austrian brand. He is vying for top dog honors at KTM and he has a shot at taking the helm there next year. Unless RV retires, Ken would be #2 at Kawi. Yoshzuki is not going to happen. Ken rode Suzukis before and it didn't end well from my understanding. Also, no chance those guys can afford Stew and Ken. Zero chance he goes blue, and Honda....well....why? They would need to dangle a really big carrot for Ken. The bike would have to improve and there'd have to be a lot of zeros on the check. I don't see Ken chasing the money. He wants to win. My opinion is that he stays Orange. But what do I know?
JeepnMike
1/27/2014 9:30pm
Shit the bed, I am drinking wine again tonight Silly These are fun threads... haha ( reading Vital and wine is better than watching @#$#% Bachelor with the wife!) I am as sure about Roczen going to Kawee as I was for Reed going to Yamaha in 2014. I would say stamp it, but I ate crow last time. There is still something funky going on there.
JW381
1/27/2014 9:34pm
mojoman42 wrote:
dude. it's january.
Yeah, but it's almost February.

The Shop

1/27/2014 9:42pm
dont be surrpsied if he jumps ship, alot of people know the KTM sucks balls

good chance he'll be on a kawi or honda IMO. Treys gonna get cut soon, dude doesnt deliver and is always posted up with a broken wing. dude has the speed but hes got the curse of Oklahoma..same as Reynard..mad speed but cant stay healthy
1/27/2014 10:55pm
Trey will pick up weimers spot
Musquin will pick up treys spot
Barcia will pick up grants spot at jgr
Honda will pick up dean Wilson seely and dungey
1/27/2014 11:03pm
I reckon KR will either become top dog at KTM or #2 at kawi

Is villopotos contract up at the end of 2015?

also when's dungey's contract up?
1/28/2014 1:07am
I've heard talks of Bultaco making a coming back with kroc singed, you know since it's early silly season talk....
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2425th
1/28/2014 3:15am
So who ends up at Two Two with Chad? Who ends up at RCH

This should be one of the silliest silly seasons on record.
1/28/2014 3:57am
dont be surrpsied if he jumps ship, alot of people know the KTM sucks balls good chance he'll be on a kawi or honda IMO. Treys...

good chance he'll be on a kawi or honda IMO. Treys gonna get cut soon, dude doesnt deliver and is always posted up with a broken wing. dude has the speed but hes got the curse of Oklahoma..same as Reynard..mad speed but cant stay healthy
I want to know who are the people saying ktm suck balls?
1/28/2014 4:19am
dont be surrpsied if he jumps ship, alot of people know the KTM sucks balls good chance he'll be on a kawi or honda IMO. Treys...

For some reason, a large chunk of Vital's membership seems to believe that KTMs are slow, bad handling, orange pretzels. It's incredibly aggravating, I'd take a factory KTM over any other works bike out there if I had the choice.
IWreckALot
1/28/2014 4:53am

For some reason, a large chunk of Vital's membership seems to believe that KTMs are slow, bad handling, orange pretzels. It's incredibly aggravating, I'd take a...
For some reason, a large chunk of Vital's membership seems to believe that KTMs are slow, bad handling, orange pretzels. It's incredibly aggravating, I'd take a factory KTM over any other works bike out there if I had the choice.
Watching the KTMs through the whoops and watching how RV's bike handles, you can see where the judgement comes from. It's difficult to say they suck from the results though. KR and RD are tied for 3rd. . . I imagine that their whoops insufficiency is made up for everywhere else on the track which is overlooked when the retard says that "KTM sucks balls".
1/28/2014 4:56am
hartebreak wrote:
Just sitting here thinking about this coming offseason/silly season. It seems like Kenny is the biggest name out there with a contract that is up. As...
Just sitting here thinking about this coming offseason/silly season. It seems like Kenny is the biggest name out there with a contract that is up. As a Kenny and KTM fan I would really like to see him re-up with the team and take over the role as team leader. My gut tells me he is leaving for either Kawi or Yoshzuki. I really think with Roger and Aldon in his corner he could be the next dominant rider for the foreseeable future. Any opinions?
Olson
1/28/2014 6:17am
Andersons bike looks awesome all around the track. It's the rider/setup that differ for Dungey, Roczen, not the bike itself.

But what the capitol F do I know? I'm biased as shit.

BTW, the Roczen/Suzuki part was not all that bad. Roczen went with KTM because Suzuki could'nt deliver bikes but he said it was all good between them and thanked them a lot for all the years they stood behind him. He was under the Suzuki program from 80s - MX2. That's not anything you forget first thing.
1/28/2014 6:41am
KTM has been making a huge push into the U.S. market and it has been paying off. My feeling is that they do everything in their power to keep K-Roc orange.
IWreckALot
1/28/2014 6:55am
Olson wrote:
Andersons bike looks awesome all around the track. It's the rider/setup that differ for Dungey, Roczen, not the bike itself. But what the capitol F do...
Andersons bike looks awesome all around the track. It's the rider/setup that differ for Dungey, Roczen, not the bike itself.

But what the capitol F do I know? I'm biased as shit.

BTW, the Roczen/Suzuki part was not all that bad. Roczen went with KTM because Suzuki could'nt deliver bikes but he said it was all good between them and thanked them a lot for all the years they stood behind him. He was under the Suzuki program from 80s - MX2. That's not anything you forget first thing.
Just out of curiosity, is Anderson's bike running the same suspension products that the factory crew is running?

I'd imagine RCH will have an interest with Roczen. Same with Two two. . .
1/28/2014 7:22am
didnt ktm buy husky? didnt they say husky would be racing in the us soon/

so kenny could be top dog there and since its basicly the same bike with diferent color he would still benifit from all the factory support form ktm.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
1/28/2014 8:26am
mojoman42 wrote:
dude. it's january.
Last year there was very little silly season. Expect it to heat up this year...and early.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
1/28/2014 8:36am
I think Barcia said he wants his deal done before SX is over.
Bultaco
1/28/2014 8:39am
'People' have been saying "KTM sucks" since they were Pentons. Fortunately the Austrians are not listening as they are about the only OEM that is still trying to build a better dirt bike. I've owned and raced a few KTMs dating back to 1976 or so. The last one in 2004. I've found them all to be very capable dirt bikes. I think some people just like to complain.

As for Kroc…I hope he stays on KaTooM. But given the short life span of professional athletes, it would be understandable if he chases the paycheck.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
1/28/2014 8:43am
People that clearly aren't paying attention, and stupid people.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
1/28/2014 8:48am
I think KTM drops off a dump truck full of money at Roczen's place.
shredder22
1/28/2014 8:54am
Bultaco wrote:
'People' have been saying "KTM sucks" since they were Pentons. Fortunately the Austrians are not listening as they are about the only OEM that is still...
'People' have been saying "KTM sucks" since they were Pentons. Fortunately the Austrians are not listening as they are about the only OEM that is still trying to build a better dirt bike. I've owned and raced a few KTMs dating back to 1976 or so. The last one in 2004. I've found them all to be very capable dirt bikes. I think some people just like to complain.

As for Kroc…I hope he stays on KaTooM. But given the short life span of professional athletes, it would be understandable if he chases the paycheck.
From my understanding, KTM has the deepest pockets, so why would he chase the paycheck somewhere else? If RV really is gonna retire at the end of 2015, then Kenny goes Kawi for sure. He's the #2 guy for 1 year and then takes over as "The Man" after RV leaves.
Ryno23
Fantasy
779th
1/28/2014 8:56am
Jarid332 wrote:
I think KTM drops off a dump truck full of money at Roczen's place.
x2
downard254
1/28/2014 9:01am
I think Kroc looks fast and comfy on the KTM. If anyone was to leave the orange brigade, I'd think it'd be the Dunge. I could see RD5 move to RCH since he still hangs at RC'c farm, and RC needs a top 5 rider, just seems like it'd be a good match. I'd venture to say that Kroc looks as comfortable on his KTM as RV looks on his Kaw. That's just my observation though.
shredder22
1/28/2014 9:06am
downard254 wrote:
I think Kroc looks fast and comfy on the KTM. If anyone was to leave the orange brigade, I'd think it'd be the Dunge. I could...
I think Kroc looks fast and comfy on the KTM. If anyone was to leave the orange brigade, I'd think it'd be the Dunge. I could see RD5 move to RCH since he still hangs at RC'c farm, and RC needs a top 5 rider, just seems like it'd be a good match. I'd venture to say that Kroc looks as comfortable on his KTM as RV looks on his Kaw. That's just my observation though.
If Dungey goes to RCH, I see his relationship with Carmichael souring, because there's no way Ricky's gonna take him cruising around the track just hoping for other guys to crash out of the title hunt.
Stephon
1/28/2014 9:28am
downard254 wrote:
I think Kroc looks fast and comfy on the KTM. If anyone was to leave the orange brigade, I'd think it'd be the Dunge. I could...
shredder22 wrote:
If Dungey goes to RCH, I see his relationship with Carmichael souring, because there's no way Ricky's gonna take him cruising around the track just hoping...
If Dungey goes to RCH, I see his relationship with Carmichael souring, because there's no way Ricky's gonna take him cruising around the track just hoping for other guys to crash out of the title hunt.
Going into a situation like that @ RCH could be the best thing for Dungey's career at this point. And, in actuality, the most recent version of Dungey that we've seen is not so much someone who's in cruise mode. He's been taking more chances lately. Don't know how he feels about the Suzuki and the Red Bull/Monster dealio could be sticky.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
1/28/2014 9:34am
I think the energy drink wars dictate the rider and team more than the bike manufacturer. No way Redbull wants to lose Roczen and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

Dungey to RCH would be what that team needs but a longshot. Didn't he just re-up with KTM anyways?
Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
1/28/2014 9:56am
Ramrod wrote:
I think the energy drink wars dictate the rider and team more than the bike manufacturer. No way Redbull wants to lose Roczen and I'm sure...
I think the energy drink wars dictate the rider and team more than the bike manufacturer. No way Redbull wants to lose Roczen and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

Dungey to RCH would be what that team needs but a longshot. Didn't he just re-up with KTM anyways?
I believe he has one more year on his contract.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/28/2014 10:00am
Trey will pick up weimers spot Musquin will pick up treys spot Barcia will pick up grants spot at jgr Honda will pick up dean Wilson...
Trey will pick up weimers spot
Musquin will pick up treys spot
Barcia will pick up grants spot at jgr
Honda will pick up dean Wilson seely and dungey
It may be early but still a fun topic to discuss.

Interesting
and id like to see all those changes go down.
Just because id like to see that many people
on a diff bike and see if it changes anything .
but I cant say I agree with all yer guesses.

I can see Barcia going JGR .
I dont know where that leaves Grant?

I dont know how u got your Honda picks
Sure they will have some spots to fill
but so does RCH and hopefully twotwo.

For some reason it does seem like Kenny
will jump ship to kawi .. just because his
recent connections
something seems fishy there .
training with Aldon definetly seems to
help though.

I dont know if I see this one happening