Check the neken thread
captmoto
6/2/2018 3:07pm
Where are they $75?

The Shop

swtwtwtw
6/2/2018 4:00pm
AvidCycles.com. ‭+1 (760) 970-7969‬
Fronts 72 rears 110’s 82 120’s 89. If ya find them cheaper they will beat it.
Scotty Walker
DP763
2/22/2021 12:49pm
racerx317 wrote:
I don’t agree that every tire that loses an edge is going to lose traction as badly as Dunlop. Depends on several factors including running the...
I don’t agree that every tire that loses an edge is going to lose traction as badly as Dunlop. Depends on several factors including running the right tire on the right terrain as well as rubber compounds. With the right tire and tire compound you will have a tire without an edge hook up better than one with an edge in hard packed situations as an example.

I always buy tires in bulk to be sure my son has the right tires ready for whatever terrain we’re facing from hard pack to sand. We consistently had more issues with Dunlop than any other brand... chunking knobs (correct tire for terrain in new condition still chunked), rears only lasted 2 race weekends and fronts 3 if we were lucky. Not sure if the rubber compounds aren’t good or what but we just haven’t been thrilled. Additionally, we tried to see if our brand new chunked tires were maybe just a bad run... they wouldn’t even take the batch number to look into it let alone help us out on a replacement at a discount. Hopefully the new tire fixes some of those issues that we experienced.

I was reluctant to try Kenda, but a buddy talked me into it. My son has never been happier since starting to use them a few years ago. Sidewalls have a planted feel in the turns, they wear really well and hook up even with a rounded edge due to the rubber compounds used. Obviously in soft terrain you want as much edge as possible but we race many tracks that get hardpacked so, edge or worn edge... he’s hooking up. We did have one set that chunked on us...but Kenda set the example of how customer service is supposed to work... they took the batch numbers and pictures of the tires, then a new set of tires showed up on my doorstep a few days later. Never had an issue since then so I assume they had a bad batch that was handled efficiently. Tire quality, traction, sidewall and customer service has been unmatched by any other manufacturer in my experience.

My 2nd choice would have to be the Pirelli... they’ve done a good job stiffening up the sidewalls to get rid of the wallowing feel and their customer service is excellent as well.
Old thread but which kenda tires was your son running?

Post a reply to: dunlop mx33

The Latest