do pro riders matter anymore?

Ryguy125
10/19/2017 3:03pm
It doesnt matter to me what a pro rider is wearing or using, it matters to me how a brand or distributor handles the average joe shmoe. Ill be an EKS guy for life because Rich Taylor dealt with an order discrepency first hand to get my stuff fixed, and i use RMATVMC because their shipping is ungodly fast for me and returns are a breeze.
tylermx967
10/19/2017 6:03pm
I NO I ALWAYS WANT TO STAY ON SUSZUKI AFTER MATT MOSS GIVED ME HIS GOGGILS AT FREESTONE AND WHEN BRAKE WHARTON WIND FOR SUSUZKI AT THE RACE IN TEXAS
smoothies862
Fantasy
581st
10/19/2017 7:30pm
tylermx967 wrote:
I NO I ALWAYS WANT TO STAY ON SUSZUKI AFTER MATT MOSS GIVED ME HIS GOGGILS AT FREESTONE AND WHEN BRAKE WHARTON WIND FOR SUSUZKI AT...
I NO I ALWAYS WANT TO STAY ON SUSZUKI AFTER MATT MOSS GIVED ME HIS GOGGILS AT FREESTONE AND WHEN BRAKE WHARTON WIND FOR SUSUZKI AT THE RACE IN TEXAS
I hate to an a hole. but.......you correctly spelled texas and freestone.

op- yeah. if I like the looks of it. some pro kits look awesome. some I wonder if they are color blind.
bikes as well. having said that .reliability and quality will trump my eye test.
jeffro503
10/19/2017 7:32pm
tylermx967 wrote:
I NO I ALWAYS WANT TO STAY ON SUSZUKI AFTER MATT MOSS GIVED ME HIS GOGGILS AT FREESTONE AND WHEN BRAKE WHARTON WIND FOR SUSUZKI AT...
You should tell your mom a few things....

1.) That your teachers obviously suck , since you have been typing like an idiot for the past 9 years.

2.) That she should go down to the local computer shop and get you a new keyboard. Because if your dumbass hasn't figured it out yet , you caps lock key is on.

3.) That in that 9 years....there are 9 year olds who type better and speak better than you.

Yes....since the day you signed up here , babies that were born that very day , have no surpassed you in the intelligence dept. So either your teachers completely suck , or your parents suck.....or you just suck from being a 10 year troll here. You're a fucking idiot.

The Shop

KDXGarage
10/19/2017 8:29pm
If I see a lot of pros or teams using certain parts, it makes it seem more legitimate to me.

One has to evaluate it though. No pros run Bridgestone or Sedona (whatever the Chinese tire is). Do they both suck? No, but even if Sedona gave them away free with tire changes similar to Dunlop (mega hook up, whatever they do), no pro would run Sedona, but Reed, Carmichael and Stewart always had the Bridgestones.
10/20/2017 12:10am
#76 wrote:
RV - Answer.

Will it make me buy Answer?, no.
Titan1 wrote:
I bet there is a ton of kids (mostly) who have never considered Answer, now looking for it. I’d he willing to bet we’ll all start...
I bet there is a ton of kids (mostly) who have never considered Answer, now looking for it. I’d he willing to bet we’ll all start seeing more Answer gear at the races...
You know, that's probably true.

For me i just remember it from old and no way. I still wear Fly! (but the old stuff when it was made better).

But, i bet a ton that KX 250's will rise in 41hrs time!.
kkawboy14
10/20/2017 4:59am
tylermx967 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
You should tell your mom a few things.... 1.) That your teachers obviously suck , since you have been typing like an idiot for the past...
You should tell your mom a few things....

1.) That your teachers obviously suck , since you have been typing like an idiot for the past 9 years.

2.) That she should go down to the local computer shop and get you a new keyboard. Because if your dumbass hasn't figured it out yet , you caps lock key is on.

3.) That in that 9 years....there are 9 year olds who type better and speak better than you.

Yes....since the day you signed up here , babies that were born that very day , have no surpassed you in the intelligence dept. So either your teachers completely suck , or your parents suck.....or you just suck from being a 10 year troll here. You're a fucking idiot.
I guarantee that Tyler is a Pro or Industry guy!
JustMX
10/20/2017 5:51am
I drink red Bull because of dungy, Rockstar because of ozzy, and monster because I see tomac chugging it after every win.

I weigh 300 lbs and haven't had a good night's sleep since a1. I have developed 3 different nervous ticks and have a resting heart rate of 117, but that stuff all makes those riders ride the way they do, and I need all the help I can get.

Seriously though, some people are sheep, some are not.....
kkawboy14
10/20/2017 5:55am
JustMX wrote:
I drink red Bull because of dungy, Rockstar because of ozzy, and monster because I see tomac chugging it after every win. I weigh 300 lbs...
I drink red Bull because of dungy, Rockstar because of ozzy, and monster because I see tomac chugging it after every win.

I weigh 300 lbs and haven't had a good night's sleep since a1. I have developed 3 different nervous ticks and have a resting heart rate of 117, but that stuff all makes those riders ride the way they do, and I need all the help I can get.

.....everybody is a sheep in one form or another! You have any tattoos?
Joe512
10/20/2017 6:01am
I will say being a big pulp fan im highly influenced by their supporters. Would have never gave Michelin a look before but my next set will be starcross 5s.
DYE
10/20/2017 6:32am
kage173 wrote:
- How many guys you see at the MX track wearing Moose gear? - How many people you know in the US running Ohlins suspension? -...
- How many guys you see at the MX track wearing Moose gear?
- How many people you know in the US running Ohlins suspension?
- How many guys you see at the track smoking Camel cigarrettes?
- How many more people now are wearing Fly gear than 10 years ago?

Listen to PulpMX podcast with Pete Fox and he talks about the impact. It's a huge deal and definitely drives sales
I haven't read through the whole thing, but IMO the best thing fly did to raise their sales (at least in my area it seems) was support racing at the grassroots level. When I started racing hare scrambles in 09/10 they had a race contingency program where you could earn fly bucks every race if you had a set of their current gear. I bought a set and have been a supporter every since since they supported us. Also they would do raffles for gear at races. My buddy won a $400 helmet from them just for showing up at the race. He passed away a few months later and his parents gave me that helmet. It's my most prized moto possession.
10/20/2017 9:40am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2017 9:44am
Personally I look for what equipment top amateurs and self supported riders are making work. Factory set ups have endless parts and budget to get the machines working, I want the one that offers the best platform out of the crate.

Ironically though the best bike I ever had was an 01 ktm sxs 125 that I took a gamble on before they took off over here. Absolutely hated it first couple of rides, but a few set up changes and getting used to the feel I had my relative best year
10/20/2017 11:13am
So because we aren't influenced by pro riders to buy something they're now irrelevant and the rest of the world could move on if one day a huge tornado just came by and wiped them all out at once..
JustMX
10/20/2017 11:50am
JustMX wrote:
I drink red Bull because of dungy, Rockstar because of ozzy, and monster because I see tomac chugging it after every win. I weigh 300 lbs...

kkawboy14 wrote:
.....everybody is a sheep in one form or another! You have any tattoos?
Haha....... No tatts, no piercings, no iphone,

And thinking hard, the only mx pro endorsed purchase I can recall making was a set of dehandlers, about 1981
kkawboy14
10/20/2017 12:39pm
Same here!

But I started racing in 1981 a kawasaki because of a Pro!
10/20/2017 2:22pm
JWACK wrote:
I bought my first suzuki because of Carmichael riding one. Figured I would give it a chance.
Glad I did.
Agreed. Sold my 15 yz450 and bought a 14 rmz450. Made riding track fun again.
MX Guy
Fantasy
864th
10/20/2017 3:50pm
Seven gear is based around this concept. Seems to be doing well.
Tenacious P
10/20/2017 4:11pm
Just picked up a set of Michelin starcross 5's because of Pulp. Needed tires anyway. My gear is always last years clearance on RMATV. Never bought a product because of a pro, mostly because current bikes and gear is expensive!

When I first started riding at 12 years old hell yeah I wanted what the pros had. Felt it was more attainable in the early 2000's
navalseabee
10/20/2017 6:48pm
I don't think looking at what the pros use before i shop for three reasons.

1) Money is involved (RV and Answer)

2) Who knows what they're actually using. Even if you COULD get it doesn't mean you have the support network to make it work as good for you as it does for them.

3) Longevity matters to me, if I pay for a product I want it to last, Tech 10's are a good example of this IMHO.

10/20/2017 8:13pm
I’ll never buy a bike because my favorite pro guy rides one. Those bikes are no where near stock

Post a reply to: do pro riders matter anymore?

The Latest