do you think there is alot of team tactics

FALCON70
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 2:39pm
whats up everybody,

Do you think alot of team tactics is going on in this years outdoor national series, Or do you think this year it's every man for himself?.

What got me on this topic is I just got my new motocross action mag, and i saw a picture of pourcel and barcia leaving the starting gate. By the looks of it barcia is got his foot in front of pourcel shifter foot. Which got pourcel kinda sideways on the bike alittle.

I don't know for sure but was barcia told to block pourcel for canard, I don't know pictures is worth a thousand words. They both could have been goon riding at the nationals. lol

I was wondering anybody else think Team Tactics is comming into play in the outdoor nationals this year espacially in the 250 class?
|
TerryK
8/8/2010 6:03pm
I assume the team tactics you refer to are riders from one team riding in such a way as to hinder the progress of a rider(s) from another.

Usually when someone refers to "team tactics" they are talking about riders on the same team slowing for their team mates if that team mate is in a points battle and ahead in points of said team mate.

Answer to the second scenario: No.
Ddavis
8/8/2010 6:20pm
Post the picture?

And barcia is squrily, it was just barcia being barcia.
8/8/2010 6:29pm
I highly doubt anyone told Barcia to block Pourcel. His legs are always flailing around. If anything, he was trying to get the leg up on Pourcel for himself. I also couldn't imagine what Barcia would say if he was asked to block for someone.
FALCON70
8/8/2010 6:31pm
True another buddy of mine told me barcia is just wild, he rides basically hanging off the motocycle.

The Shop

Ddavis
8/8/2010 6:37pm
FALCON70 wrote:
True another buddy of mine told me barcia is just wild, he rides basically hanging off the motocycle.
Isn't that the only way to ride? Tongue hahaha
olds cool
8/8/2010 8:39pm
FALCON70 wrote:
[b]whats up everybody, Do you think alot of team tactics is going on in this years outdoor national series, Or do you think this year it's...
whats up everybody,

Do you think alot of team tactics is going on in this years outdoor national series, Or do you think this year it's every man for himself?.

What got me on this topic is I just got my new motocross action mag, and i saw a picture of pourcel and barcia leaving the starting gate. By the looks of it barcia is got his foot in front of pourcel shifter foot. Which got pourcel kinda sideways on the bike alittle.

I don't know for sure but was barcia told to block pourcel for canard, I don't know pictures is worth a thousand words. They both could have been goon riding at the nationals. lol

I was wondering anybody else think Team Tactics is comming into play in the outdoor nationals this year espacially in the 250 class?
Better be careful talking about team tactics on Vital. Back during the early part of the SX season I started a thread asking a similar question. I believe Josh Hill and Dungey were leading the points at the time and Bubba had just got hurt but was still planning on coming back to SX. Anyhow, I did some speculating on how this could turn out to be similar to Hannah letting "Broc bye" to beat LaPorte for the 125 title back in the day and some people on here went all apeshit. Within a few days my thread had "disappeared". This must be a touchy subject here. By the way, it looks like we must be neighbors. Maybe we can go ride sometime.Smile
PD441
8/8/2010 8:56pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2010 8:58pm
Here's a crappy cell phone pic of the pages. JB17 doesn't appear to be the wild one in these shots.

I think it's just a a case of no love lost between two racers. Teamwork could be a minor role (at this time). Right click to open a bigger version.
TerryK
8/8/2010 8:57pm
olds cool wrote:
Better be careful talking about team tactics on Vital. Back during the early part of the SX season I started a thread asking a similar question...
Better be careful talking about team tactics on Vital. Back during the early part of the SX season I started a thread asking a similar question. I believe Josh Hill and Dungey were leading the points at the time and Bubba had just got hurt but was still planning on coming back to SX. Anyhow, I did some speculating on how this could turn out to be similar to Hannah letting "Broc bye" to beat LaPorte for the 125 title back in the day and some people on here went all apeshit. Within a few days my thread had "disappeared". This must be a touchy subject here. By the way, it looks like we must be neighbors. Maybe we can go ride sometime.Smile
That should read: be careful talking about ANYTHING one here!

As far as riding, are you kidding? nobody on here rides!
FALCON70
8/8/2010 8:59pm
yea thats the pic i was talking about. i couldn't find it on the web.

thanks man
FlaNard
8/9/2010 12:41am
If it was closer points wise then yeah I could see it. But its not. Barcia is just a wild rider.
ODB
8/9/2010 4:49am
maybe no one noticed ,but these bikes are ridden on the back wheels until the first corner body positioning is all you have until touchdown

Post a reply to: do you think there is alot of team tactics

The Latest