disappointed in TLD

ktm212
Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 9:31am
Every year for the military race they just wear production stuff; graphics, gear, helmets. They have one of the cleanest, coolest setups in the pits but come on. I mean the company started as a helmet painting company and they cant do up at least some cool lids for the race? They couldn't even wear any of there 5 different red/white/blue combos and don't get me started on the dinky flag on the back of the helmet, its almost an insult.

Super pumped for Shane though, I've known him for a long time. He and his family are some of the nicest people in the sport and he's making huge gains. Hopefully he gets on the top spot before the year is done, he deserves it.
|
Tpog496
2/10/2015 8:24am
ktm212 wrote:
Every year for the military race they just wear production stuff; graphics, gear, helmets. They have one of the cleanest, coolest setups in the pits but...
Every year for the military race they just wear production stuff; graphics, gear, helmets. They have one of the cleanest, coolest setups in the pits but come on. I mean the company started as a helmet painting company and they cant do up at least some cool lids for the race? They couldn't even wear any of there 5 different red/white/blue combos and don't get me started on the dinky flag on the back of the helmet, its almost an insult.

Super pumped for Shane though, I've known him for a long time. He and his family are some of the nicest people in the sport and he's making huge gains. Hopefully he gets on the top spot before the year is done, he deserves it.
Running the flag on the helmet is sick dude.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
2/10/2015 8:31am
flag on the helmet is an insult? How do you figure that?
huck
2/10/2015 8:34am
ktm212 wrote:
Every year for the military race they just wear production stuff; graphics, gear, helmets. They have one of the cleanest, coolest setups in the pits but...

Holy shit, people will complain about anything!
Trav138
2/10/2015 8:35am
I was wondering the same thing. With everything TLD has going on, you would think they would take the opportunity to show some creativity. Hey whatever its their deal to do as they please, i have always been a fan of their gear from the start, fits just right.

The Shop

MarkF
2/10/2015 8:36am
The flag on the helmet was the only thing I noticed, except of course the invisible sleeves.
Grizz
2/10/2015 8:42am
Definitely should have been running a full size flag on the helmet.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/10/2015 8:48am
ktm212 wrote:

huck wrote:
Sort of what I was thnking.
peelout
2/10/2015 8:51am
ktm212 wrote:

huck wrote:
GuyB wrote:
hah

remember when some people were coming unglued when Jason Anderson wore the Misfits One Industry gear instead of camo i think it was last year?
ktm212
2/10/2015 9:00am
seth505 wrote:
not in the way to the troops, i meant it in a way to their company. They're this super creative company, bold designs, great bikes, seem very forward thinking and for a race that new one off stuff comes out on and everyone has big custom helmets they tack a flag on. Its like you have all these high hopes and thats what they can come up with.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
2/10/2015 9:00am
Grizz wrote:
Definitely should have been running a full size flag on the helmet.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
2/10/2015 9:01am
seth505 wrote:
ktm212 wrote:
not in the way to the troops, i meant it in a way to their company. They're this super creative company, bold designs, great bikes, seem...
not in the way to the troops, i meant it in a way to their company. They're this super creative company, bold designs, great bikes, seem very forward thinking and for a race that new one off stuff comes out on and everyone has big custom helmets they tack a flag on. Its like you have all these high hopes and thats what they can come up with.
Ya, I see your point. I would assume they'd get super creative with it as well but just choose to do the little flags.
Grieby54
2/10/2015 9:02am
ktm212 wrote:

huck wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Tables have turned pretty quickly! The last thread ktm212 created is a sticky.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/10/2015 9:09am
Grieby54 wrote:
Ha!
ktm212
2/10/2015 9:23am
Grieby54 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Ha!
lol and that sticky gets removed Whistling
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
2/10/2015 9:25am
Disappointed maybe isn't the right word but I certainly expected cool stuff from TLD and was surprised when there wasn't any. I think all of the bikes sucked this year. The fox camo gear was awesome and so was the seven stuff jake was wearing. But atleast PC Kawi, Geico Honda and a couple others at least tried with the bike.

I know some people think these tribute nights are hokey but we see these bikes with the same graphics a lot throughout the year including a lot of replica kits out at the local track (which I'm guilty of) so I actually look forward to seeing different stuff with these recent tribute and throwback nights.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/10/2015 9:31am
Grieby54 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Ha!
ktm212 wrote:
lol and that sticky gets removed Whistling
Smile I think it had served its purpose...and it was getting a little top-heavy on stickies.

Post a reply to: disappointed in TLD

The Latest