cool Idea

mgolland45
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 4:00pm
My dad and I thought of this a few years ago, but I forgot it until now.

A while back I read an article about how many parts were replaced in sx factory bike, the most frequent being plastics.

If teams were to donate those plastics with a signature from the rider to be auctioned off, they could make a fair amount of money and donate it to charity.

who doesn't want James stewarts anehiam 1 plastics handing in their garage, or their beat up bars or silencer

does anyone else think that this could work?
|
Sandberm
2/1/2010 1:24pm
I tend to think that what makes collectibles so cool is the shear rarity of the collected item.

Id probably buy James Stewarts rear fender from his heat race at Phoenix though. Or ahhh, maybe the bark busters Chad Reed was running at Phoenix.
mgolland45
2/1/2010 1:56pm
they dont have to be rare to be a collectible, Id easily pay 50 bucks for a signed shroud from daytona or maybe more
jasonward73
2/1/2010 2:04pm
Goodyear sells used tires from NASCAR races each weekend. The tires aren't signed and they have a line for them after every race. I hear they make good coffee table stands. Just sayin...

The Shop

2/1/2010 2:13pm
It's not a bad idea, I'm surprised that they haven't thought of this yet. Then again, if they had too many signed memorabilia like that, then it wouldn't be quite as special.
mgolland45
2/1/2010 2:51pm
at least for one year it could work, donate the procedes to haiti
2/1/2010 3:34pm
What do they do with the used plastics? Do they just throw them away?
2/1/2010 3:38pm
zer0signal wrote:
What do they do with the used plastics? Do they just throw them away?
Run them on the practice bikes, training bikes, and test bikes. Yes even Team Honda.
2/1/2010 3:41pm
I guess that makes sense. I didn't know if the mechanic took them off and gave them to his cousin or something like that. Tongue
VEGAS711
2/1/2010 4:54pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:31pm
Sandberm wrote:
I tend to think that what makes collectibles so cool is the shear rarity of the collected item. Id probably buy James Stewarts rear fender from...
I tend to think that what makes collectibles so cool is the shear rarity of the collected item.

Id probably buy James Stewarts rear fender from his heat race at Phoenix though. Or ahhh, maybe the bark busters Chad Reed was running at Phoenix.
How much would you be wiling to pay for Kyle Partridge's rear fender from the same incident? WinkTongueLaughingW00tLaughing src="/images/emoticons/tongue.png?1205367640"> Wink
fencepost
2/1/2010 4:58pm
Goodyear sells used tires from NASCAR races each weekend. The tires aren't signed and they have a line for them after every race. I hear they...
Goodyear sells used tires from NASCAR races each weekend. The tires aren't signed and they have a line for them after every race. I hear they make good coffee table stands. Just sayin...
Who the hell would have a tire in their house as a table? I must be missing something here.
mgolland45
2/1/2010 6:27pm
Id love a nascar tire as a table, trow a slate of glass on there it'd be siiick
MOgle80
2/1/2010 6:52pm
I would like that idea in a race shop or dealership. Maybe not so much in my living room.
mx836
2/1/2010 7:23pm
Goodyear sells used tires from NASCAR races each weekend. The tires aren't signed and they have a line for them after every race. I hear they...
fencepost wrote:
Who the hell would have a tire in their house as a table? I must be missing something here.
NASCAR fans.
jasonward73
2/1/2010 7:27pm
fencepost wrote:
mx836 wrote:
NASCAR fans.
x100!!!!!!! There's nothing like a diehard NASCAR fan. The stories I could tell about what they would do for a 5 cent keychain or $2 t-shirt. You would never believe it.
Larry
2/1/2010 7:56pm
fencepost wrote:
Dude come here in March and I will take you to Atlanta motor speedway.
You will not believe the shit you are missing. Its like Disney world for rednecks and all of the fun stuff is free, except bail.
Devil1nNj
2/1/2010 8:02pm
fencepost wrote:
mx836 wrote:
NASCAR fans.
So true, my buddies old man, is a bachelor, and he's got one as a table, and one in his Nascar "shrine". haha

Post a reply to: cool Idea

The Latest