confirmed - bruised shoulder for tomac

ak23
Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 9:38pm
says racers x - but no real insight on severity

According to the team, Eli Tomac suffered a shoulder contusion (a bruise) last night at the opening round of Monster Energy Supercross.

Tomac jetted into the early lead on his Monster Energy Kawasaki and slowly began to distance himself from the field. He held the lead for the first seven laps of the 450 main event last night before crashing.

Tomac lost a few positions and then stopped on the track completely to fix his broken pants, which were nearly falling down. His bars were also bent. Most of all, though, his shoulder hurt.

After rolling around the track for a few laps, he eventually pulled off and went to the pits, his race was over. For the second year in a row, Tomac has the speed but will face a huge points deficit in the early season standings.

We'll provide an update as more information is known.

http://racerxonline.com/2018/01/07/eli-tomac-suffers-shoulder-contusion…
|
davis224
Fantasy
165th
1/8/2018 1:49pm
Did anybody else read this in a sarcastic tone?
peelout
1/8/2018 1:58pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2018 1:58pm
hope he's not too hurt, time to buckle down
Sparkey
1/8/2018 2:00pm
peelout wrote:
hope he's not too hurt, time to buckle down
I see what you did there Smile LOL time to buckle down

The Shop

GPrider
1/8/2018 2:03pm
shoulder looked fine while he was trying to buckle his pants
Juice_Mann
1/8/2018 2:05pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2018 2:06pm
I'm a big Tomac fan and the severity of the pain could have been much more than we think, but these are the types of things that will keep him from becoming one of the "greats". Does anyone honestly think RC, RV, or RD would've pulled off? Hell those guys would've probably got back up and podiumed with or without pants. I just don't see that "fighter" attitude in Tomac at all. That being said I'm happy he will be able to race. I expect him to go on a tear just like last year. If he proved anything at A1 it's that he is still the fastest guy on the track. Unfortunately he also proved that he's still the most inconsistent as well.
71Fish
1/8/2018 2:07pm
He just needs to tighten his belt and get on with it.
shuggs
1/8/2018 2:10pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
I'm a big Tomac fan and the severity of the pain could have been much more than we think, but these are the types of things...
I'm a big Tomac fan and the severity of the pain could have been much more than we think, but these are the types of things that will keep him from becoming one of the "greats". Does anyone honestly think RC, RV, or RD would've pulled off? Hell those guys would've probably got back up and podiumed with or without pants. I just don't see that "fighter" attitude in Tomac at all. That being said I'm happy he will be able to race. I expect him to go on a tear just like last year. If he proved anything at A1 it's that he is still the fastest guy on the track. Unfortunately he also proved that he's still the most inconsistent as well.
Remember the MC interview about 96 season when he said he should have kept going just to get some points??
Lucifa.
1/8/2018 2:22pm
Ryan Hughes just took his shirt off.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
1/8/2018 2:29pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
I'm a big Tomac fan and the severity of the pain could have been much more than we think, but these are the types of things...
shuggs wrote:
Remember the MC interview about 96 season when he said he should have kept going just to get some points??
Whhaaat. Last year everyone bagged on Tomac for running around Glen Helen with no front brake just to scavenge a few points. Ooooh how could he risk his safety riding without a front brake. And that's your 2017 MX champ now.

Oh and I remember the MC interview about should have rode around for a few points. I don't recall MC having a crash that looked like Tomac's.
TimR
1/8/2018 2:29pm
I crashed after a tabletop once and hit my shoulder pretty bad. Got up and jumped on my bike like it was no big deal. Probably did 2 laps more until the pain started to set in. By the time I was by my trailer it hurt so bad that I couldnt get my riding gear off.

Went to hospital but they didnt find anything.

My shoulder was very sore a good 2 month after and I could definitely not ride a dirtbike during that time.

Just sayin.
ctbale
1/8/2018 2:30pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2018 2:30pm
He talked about losing last years championship by "4 or 5 points" in the press conference. With him knowing that, I was surprised he didn't take his gloves off and get the pants buckled back up, and with the time left he could have collected at least a few points. It was tough to watch him pulling off
pmshortt2
1/8/2018 2:33pm
So just like my chances of winning a 19 kx250f through the pulpmx fantasy championship went up in flames the first round, ET3 threw his chances away at the first round too! We now have something in common!! CoolTongue
Superdave19
1/8/2018 2:42pm
Lucifa. wrote:
Ryan Hughes just took his shirt off.
LoL- Back in [b]MY day, we didn't need pants, OR shoulders to race- Haha[/b]
1/8/2018 2:46pm
It wasn't the shoulder, it wasn't the pants. He rung his bell hard enough to be dazed and confused and that's my guess as to why he really pulled off. If he had a clear head he would have kept riding for points with pants or no pants, bruise or no bruise...
DonM
1/8/2018 2:58pm
It wasn't the shoulder, it wasn't the pants. He rung his bell hard enough to be dazed and confused and that's my guess as to why...
It wasn't the shoulder, it wasn't the pants. He rung his bell hard enough to be dazed and confused and that's my guess as to why he really pulled off. If he had a clear head he would have kept riding for points with pants or no pants, bruise or no bruise...
Thanks doctor.....
philG
1/8/2018 3:24pm
It wasn't the shoulder, it wasn't the pants. He rung his bell hard enough to be dazed and confused and that's my guess as to why...
Yup.. and if he did , he might not be there next week either .

He remounted third, the bike wasnt toast , and the pants... well it was nothing. He rolled round cos he didnt know where he was IMO, and if thats the case, he has to pass the test Thursday before Houston.
DF313
Fantasy
2455th
1/8/2018 3:28pm
Without Dungey out there it is inevitable that both Kroc and Mooscan will have a terrible race at some point. As long as he can be back next weekend, we could be in for another good season. Other than those 2 results will greatly vary in the rest of the pack.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/8/2018 3:28pm
Dungey, breaks his neck and finishes his moto.

Tomac, bruises his shoulder, ties up his pants, pulls out of the race.
1/8/2018 3:36pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

One can ride with intense pain, broken bones, bruises, broken visors, bent levers/bars/shifters, wardrobe malfunctions, etc....but one cannot overcome dizziness!! (except for maybe JS7 at Daytona 2011).

You're welcome DonM. Smile
FI2T
1/8/2018 3:43pm
A bad contusion can cause just as much pain as a broken bone and take as long to heal. He has destroyed his shoulder before... I'd imagine he thought the worst and understandably so. Hope he is back in there next wk.
peelout
1/8/2018 3:56pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2018 4:01pm
philG wrote:
Yup.. and if he did , he might not be there next week either . He remounted third, the bike wasnt toast , and the pants...
Yup.. and if he did , he might not be there next week either .

He remounted third, the bike wasnt toast , and the pants... well it was nothing. He rolled round cos he didnt know where he was IMO, and if thats the case, he has to pass the test Thursday before Houston.
remember James' dirt digger at Daytona? he was so loopy he couldn't get back on his bike on flat ground, and i swear (could be wrong) a medical crew guy helped him get going again...

serious question... is there a concussion test protocol in Supercross?

edit... found the video

(after watching again, it could be debated that he had a head injury)
downard254
1/8/2018 3:57pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Don’t forget the Dunge racing a close 2nd to RV, I think maybe St. Louis 2012 with a broken collar bone.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/8/2018 4:04pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

downard254 wrote:
Don’t forget the Dunge racing a close 2nd to RV, I think maybe St. Louis 2012 with a broken collar bone.
Totally forgot about that. Some people just want it more.

If Tomac was indeed dizzy/concussed then pulling out of the race was the right call because head injuries are no joke. I didn't see anything mentioned about that from the Tomac camp. I might of missed it. But if it was simply the shoulder and pants, I don't get it.
NorcalVet
1/8/2018 4:13pm
I hit the ground on my MTB a few years ago square on my right shoulder. Not a bruise or even a scratch. My shoulder and ROM sucked for like 3 months. It was diagnosed as frozen shoulder

He might be more susceptible to shoulder injuries after having both operated on.
Now he’s behind the eight ball on points

And If MM25 takes a page out of Dungeys book in regards to consistency then he’ll have a tough time.

Bummed for Tomac
The Candyman
1/8/2018 4:16pm
Roczen will figure out how to win the championship not at 100% (because he is that good), Musquin will continue making a shit ton of money and Tomac will show he has heart to the doubters.
APLMAN99
1/8/2018 4:38pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

C'mon, Mav. You're much smarter than this!

I understand Tomac haters trying to diminish what sort of injury or pain that Tomac might have suffered by referring to it as just a "bruise", but not the normally rational folks like yourself.

For what it's worth, I have a good friend who's been confined to a chair for over 16 years because of a "bruise".....
gt80rider
1/8/2018 4:41pm
"Confirmed - Bruised Ego For Tomac"

Fixed the title for ya bro-skillet
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/8/2018 4:51pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
C'mon, Mav. You're much smarter than this! I understand Tomac haters trying to diminish what sort of injury or pain that Tomac might have suffered by...
C'mon, Mav. You're much smarter than this!

I understand Tomac haters trying to diminish what sort of injury or pain that Tomac might have suffered by referring to it as just a "bruise", but not the normally rational folks like yourself.

For what it's worth, I have a good friend who's been confined to a chair for over 16 years because of a "bruise".....
I'm not a Tomac hater and don't try and give me that speech.

Here's another example.

Cianciarulo, shoulder pops out of socket, sits on a tuff block, medical crew pops it back in place, tries to finish the race.

I don't use it much but...just sayin'.

Post a reply to: confirmed - bruised shoulder for tomac

The Latest