commentating contest

Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 6:11am
I cant stand seeing all these threads about how bad the commentating is and how they use the same sayings over and over. I would love to see all you commentating geniuses here on vital do a better job. What i am proposing is that you find a video of the entire 450 main event and somehow record yourself commentating the entire race and then posting it here on vital. It would then be funny to see how many times you find yourself saying the same things over and over trying to make it through the race without awkward silences. Is there anyone out there brave enough to accept this challenge to show us that you could do a better job than ralph, emig and rc.
|
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
4/17/2011 4:57pm
I cant stand seeing all these threads about how bad the commentating is and how they use the same sayings over and over. I would love...
I cant stand seeing all these threads about how bad the commentating is and how they use the same sayings over and over. I would love to see all you commentating geniuses here on vital do a better job. What i am proposing is that you find a video of the entire 450 main event and somehow record yourself commentating the entire race and then posting it here on vital. It would then be funny to see how many times you find yourself saying the same things over and over trying to make it through the race without awkward silences. Is there anyone out there brave enough to accept this challenge to show us that you could do a better job than ralph, emig and rc.
Do we get paid?Woohoo
mxb2
4/17/2011 4:58pm
I would do it if i could find a old outdated necklace!
4/17/2011 4:59pm
I cant stand seeing all these threads about how bad the commentating is and how they use the same sayings over and over. I would love...
mx 219 wrote:
Do we get paid?Woohoo
ill pay you with trident layers gum.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
4/17/2011 5:00pm
mx 219 wrote:
Do we get paid?Woohoo
ill pay you with trident layers gum.
I dont think thats what ralph and jeff get paid Whistling

The Shop

tobz
4/17/2011 5:02pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2011 5:02pm
Old arguement "i'd like to see you try it"

It's not my profession, they do it for a living, AND THEY SUCK. plain and simple. The past few weeks havn't been too bad, but yesterdays commentating was the worst. Emig always spends 1-2 painfull laps explaining something completely pointless to whats on the screen, then for the next 10 laps of the 450 main event they talk about what riders have to do tonight to survive the night. HELLO! they're half way through the final race of the night, ffs.
mxb2
4/17/2011 5:04pm
I wonder if Ralph or Fro would lay blacktop?or roof a house?
flarider
4/17/2011 5:29pm
I am and have been an announcer in both MX and Road Racing.
Doing it over a video where you know the outcome is stupid and proves little, it is how an announcer reacts on their feet, in that moment of shock or excitement, that proves a good announcer.

There are a few folks on here who know my announcing abilities
mcphilly
4/17/2011 5:40pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2011 5:40pm
You should try first being an announcer at a football game . If you can do that the moto is easy
4/17/2011 5:41pm
flarider wrote:
I am and have been an announcer in both MX and Road Racing. Doing it over a video where you know the outcome is stupid and...
I am and have been an announcer in both MX and Road Racing.
Doing it over a video where you know the outcome is stupid and proves little, it is how an announcer reacts on their feet, in that moment of shock or excitement, that proves a good announcer.

There are a few folks on here who know my announcing abilities
yea that is true. commentating on something that has already happen really doesnt make since. Well they could record themselves commentating the race at st. louis or vegas as it happens. then we can see the true commentating masters here on vitalmx.
rpk191
4/17/2011 8:38pm
I have been making gameplay (mx vs atv) commentary's for Vurbmotogamers and its harder than it sounds.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
4/17/2011 8:41pm
The hay-bale goes flying and Bradshaw goes down!
Mr. Info
4/17/2011 8:52pm
Did Nationals, USGP and every other event on 2 or 4 at the Glen and got paid and now that I have retired have fun. It is not easy but each announcer gives it something of his own. You might not please everyone or anyone but until you get paid to do it it does not give you the cred to bitch about it. Is it easy, yes for the people who can do it. But try it first and get paid for it then you can give an opinion that has some back to it.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
4/17/2011 9:01pm
Mr. Info wrote:
Did Nationals, USGP and every other event on 2 or 4 at the Glen and got paid and now that I have retired have fun. It...
Did Nationals, USGP and every other event on 2 or 4 at the Glen and got paid and now that I have retired have fun. It is not easy but each announcer gives it something of his own. You might not please everyone or anyone but until you get paid to do it it does not give you the cred to bitch about it. Is it easy, yes for the people who can do it. But try it first and get paid for it then you can give an opinion that has some back to it.
"but each announcer gives it something of his own"

That is a good point.
What are your thoughts on Art Eckman?
I always like how he told sort of a little story and described they guys.

I like how he always referred to Roncada or DV as "The young Frenchman".

He always had a way with words.

"RC" lifted the weight of the world off his shoulders with his twenty-seventh career 250 supercross win. That tied him with the legendary Bob Hannah for third place on the 250 supercross win list, only one more win away from number two on the list, Rick Johnson.

It's no secret, Carmichael doesn't like racing Pastrana. He feels if his career path included other disciplines he would be spreading himself too thin, lessening his chances for success.
TJ 755
4/17/2011 9:05pm
announcing sux. I have done it too. never mistook a Fibula for a Femur though. Anybody that ever rode would not mistake that.
I have always kinda defended Ralphy boy but the more I hear the worse he gets. Oh also..news flash...the Kawasaki is still green.
LewDizzle
4/17/2011 9:15pm
Both SX and MX is on LIVE TV now....on major networks like NBC and CBS!!! Shouldn't be any complaints about anouncing if you ask me. There are bigger fish to fry (like why they need to bring back the 125cc class)
FIREfish148
4/17/2011 9:34pm
Man I really cant complain about the commentating. Going to the race is fun because of all the excitement in the air and well you know. I get reminded every year though after I come back and watch the race on tv how much better the views of the track are and what not. The ruts this year (as always it seems latley) where wayy more crazy and gnarly on tv than they looked in person. I was sitting a little ways up though.
I can't complain really though. ralph shaheen and fro do a good job i think honestly. Watching the race on tv is like having a front row seat all the way around the track for free.
Mod Killer
4/17/2011 10:29pm
its in the works. stay tuned.
flarider
4/18/2011 4:19am
mcphilly wrote:
You should try first being an announcer at a football game . If you can do that the moto is easy
Just did my first football games the other day, local pee-wee league in which my son plays
It was fun, and totally different
4/18/2011 4:22am
Mod Killer wrote:
its in the works. stay tuned.
cant wait. It better be good.
Bojangles
4/18/2011 4:02pm
The powers that be really don't give a shit what any of you think about the commentating team. If they did, don't you think something would've changed by now? Give it a rest, it's such an old, tiring argument. Almost as old as Art Eckman.
jasonv43
4/18/2011 4:49pm
Torco,

So instead of Goal we would just say TRIPLE!!!!!!
4/18/2011 5:35pm
jasonv43 wrote:
Torco,

So instead of Goal we would just say TRIPLE!!!!!!
No it would be more like fffffffffffffiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssstttttttttt.
TDeath21
4/18/2011 9:01pm
I think the people don't like the current commentating because a lot of times they are talking about other things instead of announcing the race. Ralph will be talking about the rock hard ride hard award, Jeff will be talking about past racing experiences, etc. As a fan of the sport, you want one guy (in this case Ralph) to say what's going on on the track, who is passing who, how many points he gains with that pass, who crashes, etc. You want the other guy, preferably a former rider (in this case Jeff) to explain why a crash happened or how a pass was made, and use insight from the experience he has to further explain it. I'm sure it is harder than we all think it is, but when it's your JOB to do, you should be a lot better at it than they are. Nobody's perfect, and we aren't asking for perfection. We just want the race at hand to be at least 95% of what they're talking about, and the percentage hasn't been that high all year.
mcphilly
4/18/2011 9:08pm
mcphilly wrote:
flarider wrote:
Just did my first football games the other day, local pee-wee league in which my son plays
It was fun, and totally different
They are both different , I do my sons pee wee games as well and the hardest part for me was making sure everybodys kid got there name yelled over the loud speaker .... I had a good spotter though . At least with moto they have different gear colors and riding styles .

I I think Ralph and Emig do a good job and deserve a lot more credit than they get Smile
vosser130
4/18/2011 9:24pm
I can't remember who said it but one of them said this weekend that the winner will earn "fame fortune and everything that goes with it" which I believe are lyrics from a queen song. Made me chuckle.

Post a reply to: commentating contest

The Latest