christophe!!!

langhammx
Fantasy
581st
8/9/2014 7:53pm
Mr Bean wrote:
And the French don't have him or Movin' Marv on their MXdN team, do they? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/08/09/61941/s1200_guinness_brilliant.jpg[/img]
And the French don't have him or Movin' Marv on their MXdN team, do they?

Yeah, guess they just want an excuse when team USA takes home the victory. Pretty dumb move, IMO.
8/9/2014 7:56pm
Great day for CP today. I was there today and it was obvious he's got things figured out now. I noticed he was riding in the meat of the power and midrange much more than the others. Everyone else's bike was bouncing off the rev limiter, popping, sputtering and breaking up. CP's bike sounded like a 450. He looked absolutely effortless out there and was just dialed.
bionic218
8/9/2014 8:36pm
CP has learned that a bike is faster at half throttle in fourth than it is pinned in third. It's a lesson many riders have trouble with...myself included.

But if you doubt the truth of it, follow a Vet A guy through the woods sometime. Watch as he pulls away while his bike sounds like it's barely running and you're bouncing off trees panic throttled trying to catch him.

Smooth and riding that torque curve...that's what CP does well.

Also, choosing lines that don't blast him into every slap-landing, square edge, and busted rut every lap. I don't know how to judge that with any kind of accuracy, but I'll bet he only takes half the impacts other riders going the same speed do, simply because he has a better line.

Very happy to see him not only be up front, but hold onto it for the full pull.

His ride and TC41's performance made my day.
Mr Bean
8/9/2014 8:37pm
langhammx wrote:
Yeah, guess they just want an excuse when team USA takes home the victory. Pretty dumb move, IMO.
Gotta love the politics. Dry

The Shop

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
8/9/2014 10:59pm
I was hoping he would go 1-1. he had the speed
8/9/2014 11:16pm
His podium interviews are a class act. Very respectful and appreciative. Awesome piece of work today.
Tumblin
8/9/2014 11:23pm
bionic218 wrote:
CP has learned that a bike is faster at half throttle in fourth than it is pinned in third. It's a lesson many riders have trouble...
CP has learned that a bike is faster at half throttle in fourth than it is pinned in third. It's a lesson many riders have trouble with...myself included.

But if you doubt the truth of it, follow a Vet A guy through the woods sometime. Watch as he pulls away while his bike sounds like it's barely running and you're bouncing off trees panic throttled trying to catch him.

Smooth and riding that torque curve...that's what CP does well.

Also, choosing lines that don't blast him into every slap-landing, square edge, and busted rut every lap. I don't know how to judge that with any kind of accuracy, but I'll bet he only takes half the impacts other riders going the same speed do, simply because he has a better line.

Very happy to see him not only be up front, but hold onto it for the full pull.

His ride and TC41's performance made my day.
Yes indeed, made my day also.

Quite the story line for this years Unadilla-
Pourcel and Canard throw the final stone to the face of the MX-career Undertaker at Unadilla.
The Rock
8/10/2014 1:18am
Tim507 wrote:
CP is a technician as was JMB .....provided CP gets the support for SX he deserves, his result will reflect his skills
Those French guys have mad skills.

Marzocchi

CP377 just won a National on a factory Yamaha. How much more support can he get?
Sideways
8/10/2014 7:12am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 7:13am
Mr Bean wrote:
And the French don't have him or Movin' Marv on their MXdN team, do they? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/08/09/61941/s1200_guinness_brilliant.jpg[/img]
And the French don't have him or Movin' Marv on their MXdN team, do they?

The french team is badass and they will do very well. Marvin has proved himself the last couple of races that he is back and has the speed. In the start of the season he was not so fast and he has said that he understand that they did not pick him for the Mxon. Pourcel is very fast, but he is not consistent. I think the the french team is as good as it gets! The way Marvin is riding now, he should have been on the team, but when they picked the team, marvin was not riding as well as he is now.

The picked french riders are doing very well in the MXGPs and they will fight for the podium in MXON.
Mr Bean
8/10/2014 9:49am
There's their problem - they're European and they're sending their riders to the "MXON"?

Surely they know it's the MXdN?
toroP
8/10/2014 10:14am
The guy is so smooth and relaxed. If you look at the moto 1 video closely, you can see CP with his iPad on his lap checking live timing. Then later when Marvin gets closer, Pourcel passes the iPad back to his mechanic who gives CP an OtterPop.
Tim507
8/10/2014 10:19am
Tim507 wrote:
CP is a technician as was JMB .....provided CP gets the support for SX he deserves, his result will reflect his skills
The Rock wrote:

Marzocchi

CP377 just won a National on a factory Yamaha. How much more support can he get?
Yes a Factory Yamaha for outdoors.....are they supporting him for SX on a 450? Hope so since he deserves the support!
Ing
8/10/2014 10:22am
Eh, one race. I'm still pulling for the Americans. Go Martin.
RMRider1
8/10/2014 5:36pm
Being there flagging just below skyshot....he "Dead sailored" shy shot everytime, no scrub , no whip at all ....I guess he just used the air time to totally relax. Towards the end of Moto 1 he would look back at Marvin in the air to see where he was....dude can straight up ride, smooth as silk everywhere on the track...
Sully22
8/10/2014 7:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 7:03pm
RMRider1 wrote:
Being there flagging just below skyshot....he "Dead sailored" shy shot everytime, no scrub , no whip at all ....I guess he just used the air time...
Being there flagging just below skyshot....he "Dead sailored" shy shot everytime, no scrub , no whip at all ....I guess he just used the air time to totally relax. Towards the end of Moto 1 he would look back at Marvin in the air to see where he was....dude can straight up ride, smooth as silk everywhere on the track...
I noticed that watching the race on tv...everyone was scrubbing the heck outta that jump but christoph would not even move at all, just stayed straight and stiff. Was cool to see what I'd consider old school style from cp377 at the dilla!

Really hope that after this weekend some teams start taking a serious look at him for 2015 and beyond. Like others have said, his SX skills and style seem to carry over to the 450 nicely....if not the 450, then hopefully he could ride a 250 again next year, but I'm not sure about his eligibility. If nothing else, stay with Yamaha and Kehoe at Valli, well, maybe not with Valli as the title sponsor anymore, word is Lanza doesn't want it....can ya blame him? That's one serious bill I'm sure he's footing!
RbR
8/10/2014 9:20pm
Very happy for both Pourcel and Martin. Regarding Webb ... I'm watching the race with my girlfriend who says Karma's a bitch upon seeing Webb pushing his bike. I had to laugh.
dean122
8/10/2014 9:29pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 9:31pm
Tim507 wrote:
The Rock wrote:

Marzocchi

Reports indicate that Valli is closing up shop for the SX series leaving CP without a ride. That means there will be no Factory Yamaha for CP in SX at this point. So far there have been no reported offers that anyone knows of unless something has happened in the last day.
8/10/2014 10:30pm
Where are the rumors of valli not wanting to race next year coming from?
TDeath21
8/10/2014 10:35pm
What's the longest amount of time between wins for a rider? I'm betting Pourcel has to be close to 1st on that list. Almost 4 years.
tek14
8/10/2014 11:20pm
TDeath21 wrote:
What's the longest amount of time between wins for a rider? I'm betting Pourcel has to be close to 1st on that list. Almost 4 years.
Pourcel did win 2011 and 2012 many races in MXGP over Cairoli and others with Kawasaki 450.
end of 12 he broke spleen and did take long time getting over it (2013).
8/11/2014 2:18am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2014 2:20am
TDeath21 wrote:
what about reed? if we're talking outdoors only im sure there must have been a big gap between his 250f win and his 450 wins? (he didnt win any in the RC/ stewart era did he?)

regarding pourcel possibly having no ride for next year? that would be a real shame now he is hitting top form. He's been consistently improving all year after a long lay off. He has proven supercross skills and championship pedigree- surely someone will offer him a ride?
I will be gutted if he isnt racing in america next year- love to watch him ride!
8/11/2014 3:50am
TDeath21 wrote:
what about reed? if we're talking outdoors only im sure there must have been a big gap between his 250f win and his 450 wins? (he...
what about reed? if we're talking outdoors only im sure there must have been a big gap between his 250f win and his 450 wins? (he didnt win any in the RC/ stewart era did he?)

regarding pourcel possibly having no ride for next year? that would be a real shame now he is hitting top form. He's been consistently improving all year after a long lay off. He has proven supercross skills and championship pedigree- surely someone will offer him a ride?
I will be gutted if he isnt racing in america next year- love to watch him ride!
I'm pretty sure reed won a moto outdoors in 05/06
8/11/2014 3:55am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2014 3:56am
TDeath21 wrote:
what about reed? if we're talking outdoors only im sure there must have been a big gap between his 250f win and his 450 wins? (he...

I'm pretty sure reed won a moto outdoors in 05/06
i'd be interested to see the numbers (regarding reed)

also didnt john dowd have a big gap between race wins? maybe larocco? im sure there will be a few more over the years

kevin windham? grant langston?

be interested to see the statistics!
8/11/2014 4:19am
just thought of another rider that had big gap between race wins- tim ferry! didnt he win a moto against RC after a few years with no wins?
FIREfish148
8/11/2014 4:47am
Nice ride CP! Was cheering for the guy at washougal. Dudes a magician on the bike. Cool to see him and Musquin pushing each other.
machine
8/11/2014 5:04am
I was pulling for him yesterday. It was his kind of track and it wasn't hot, those two things made the difference yesterday.
Antonioni
8/11/2014 5:51am

He haven't got a top ride following his huge 2010 season, that will not be easier with this 2014 outdoors.
But maybe the situation of the tops 450 teams aren't exactly the same today, they struggle perhaps little bit more to find top pilotes(?).With no RV for the SX season, there will be good places to take.
Also CP learned of some of his errors, in particular with the mess/trap of the offseason 2010/11 (him/his agent at that time/KawaUS team manager). Then he absolutely needs to demonstrate his commitment and capacity with 450 bikes on supercross track, races like MonsterCup and Bercy/Lille would be highly wise. He really needs to ride SX races on whatever 450 bike to demonstrate and finally get a deal (especially as in the past he didn’t really prove something like that and it seem very important for the team managers faith in you).
If Pourcel doesn’t find a team before the winter, maybe he could ride some SXUS with the french team Bud Racing and their Kawasaki .

Post a reply to: christophe!!!

The Latest