canards vs reeds honda

Related:
Create New Tag

1/17/2011 3:51 PM

besides the hydraulic clutch,how much real diference is there between the two. would reed go faster on canards bike

|

1/17/2011 3:55 PM

thats hard to determine Im sure his bike still has a long way to go, by the middle of the season he should have it dialed in, but it's hard to say if he would go faster

|

1/17/2011 3:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2011 3:56 PM

I don't think Reed would necessarily go faster on Trey's factory Honda.

The difference is Factory Honda has more resources and people at its disposal to make the bike exactly how the rider wants. Not saying Reed's isn't setup how he wants but the man power and resources would be far greater at the factory IMO.

|

1/17/2011 3:59 PM

The biggest difference is about 10-15 pounds.

I'm jus' sayin'...

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

1/17/2011 4:29 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

I'm jus' sayin'...

And a better tranny.

|

1/17/2011 4:34 PM

UpTiTe wrote:

And a better tranny.

Reed has a factory tranny..

|

Relax this is suppose to be fun...

1/17/2011 4:35 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

I'm jus' sayin'...

UpTiTe wrote:

And a better tranny.

BLAHBLAH wrote:

I guess I don't know as much as I thought.

|

1/17/2011 4:35 PM

He has the same trans, weight is with a couple of pounds. Mainly set up options, pegs, bar clamps, brake pedals, shifters, ect.

|

1/17/2011 4:40 PM

The difference is the extra couple of months of testing that Trey has had.

|

1/17/2011 5:08 PM

UpTiTe wrote:

And a better tranny.

BLAHBLAH wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

I doubt that Honda gave Reed shit.

Just my personal opinion.

|

Jim Martin

1/17/2011 5:09 PM

I watched a interview with MC the other day .He was talking about Reed and he said Reed had burned too many bridges coming up but to make a long story short.MC had been testing the new CR's and made a point to say that Reed would never have anything like the bikes(canards?) he was testing for honda...food for thought.

|

1/17/2011 5:12 PM

BLAHBLAH wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

jmar wrote:

on a podcast with matthes he said he bought everything on the bike. so who knows what he could get on it

|

1/17/2011 5:19 PM

I remember that video. Does MC really think it's a good idea not to lobby for CR to have the good stuff? I heard he paid for some unobtainable parts to the average guy but they should really hook him up with some factory parts/ lightweight stuff to go along with his pc mods.

|

1/17/2011 5:22 PM

Mc said in a podcast that reed was gettin a tranny from honda

|

1/17/2011 6:21 PM

BLAHBLAH wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

jmar wrote:

Listen to the podcast with Matthes, Honda sound pretty helpful. He's got a factory tranny, they don't just give them away.

|

1/17/2011 6:38 PM

UpTiTe wrote:

jmar wrote:

Ozzy133 wrote:

Listen to the podcast with Matthes, Honda sound pretty helpful. He's got a factory tranny, they don't just give them away.

Exactly... he's said out loud that he has had to pay for some stuff.

|

1/17/2011 9:16 PM

mxerbear wrote:

Mc said in a podcast that reed was gettin a tranny from honda

How much are Trannys from Honda, the streets of baltimore have trannys pretty cheap! LOL

|

1/17/2011 9:45 PM

I'm wondering where the HRC traction control went to, as it appears Short didn't take it with him! laughing

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

CRFSTUFF.COM The Fastest Riders on Earth Choose CRF STUFF!

1/17/2011 10:24 PM

easy_e wrote:

I remember that video. Does MC really think it's a good idea not to lobby for CR to have the good stuff? I heard he paid for ...more

Were you at PHX? I thought I saw you in sitting in one of those suites. I was seated directly in front.

|

Yes I work nights, therefore I have nothing better to do.

1/17/2011 11:11 PM

hes getting electronics and tranny from honda. As I understand it though... and please correct away if I am wrong, they didnt say here you go, enjoy, it was a you can have X for Y type of deal.

|

A person is smart.... A group of people are only as smart as the loudest person in the room!

1/18/2011 12:18 AM

mrquick wrote:

I watched a interview with MC the other day .He was talking about Reed and he said Reed had burned too many bridges coming up ...more

Some things MC has said recently is kind of tarnishing his status as my schoolboy hero haha. Hope he doesn't go wack with age.

|

1/18/2011 3:11 AM

Did you notice that Kdub has the hidraulic clutch in his bike??

|

1/18/2011 5:58 AM

JaumeTGO wrote:

Did you notice that Kdub has the hidraulic clutch in his bike??

yea i just saw that last week.

so what makes a factory tranny so special? is it just smoother to shift?

|

1/18/2011 6:26 AM

According to the podcast with Ping and Weege a few weeks ago the main thing is the factory tranny extends 2nd gear. I guess the stocker leaves guys in a nowhere land shifting between 2nd and 3rd to find the meat of the power. Ping said it was a problem BT101 struggled with a little last year, but Honda was going to sell TLD a factory tranny for this year. But of course no 450 rider.

|

1/18/2011 6:34 AM

ohhhh... that makes sense.

thx

|

1/18/2011 6:45 AM

BLAHBLAH wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

jmar wrote:

All the more reason he's so quick to thank Mitch so much

|

1/18/2011 6:54 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

jmar wrote:

Ozzy133 wrote:

You get a set of gears not there cases.

|

Bone or bail i got to race
It,s all about stayen on the box!
All these dudes think ya have a problem but the true problem is everyone else. Motocrossers are uptite family people!

1/18/2011 7:31 AM

According to the information on Transworld or Racerx i dont recall which one on Trey's bike a few day's back his factory 450 is somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15 lbs less than his lites bike of last year.

|

1/18/2011 8:51 AM

Mikep147 wrote:

According to the information on Transworld or Racerx i dont recall which one on Trey's bike a few day's back his factory 450 ...more

It was 6 pounds lighter ...... but really do the math on that one, the geico lines bikes are essentially factory hondas effort so its unlikely they are pigs and are already light compared to the rest of the other crf250 riders .......how in the heck did Honda get 6 pounds under an already light 250f that began 10 to 20 lbs lighter stock? Is that even legal for a 450 to be that light in doing the math I'm thinking the 450 must be in the 215 range....

|

1/18/2011 9:04 AM

a 215 lb 450 ???

that's like 25 lbs lighter than a few stock 450 bikes of 2010

|

in a past life, I was myself

when opportunity knocked, it waited because I was busy

I gave my father a talking to