back mount vs waist belt hydration system

Related:
Create New Tag

2/6/2019 7:31 AM

I seen a lot of the top GNCC guys running the belt type hydration systems compared to a camelbak style. Curious to know if anyone has experience with the waist belt type of systems, and whats the upside compared to the camelbak type.

|

2/6/2019 8:05 AM

As someone who doesn't support Camelbak, I recently purchased an Ogio that I'm quite happy with. Seems like these "belt type" USWE packs are the way to go now

https://www.uswe-sports.com/us?gclid=CjwKCAiAqOriBRAfEiwAEb9oXbAaAgMRAPdFd_X7fC8I8eFSBFA8_AXVTkbIVg94dxtsxuhCXIMXXRoCY-

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

2/6/2019 8:11 AM

Stuntman949 wrote:

As someone who doesn't support Camelbak, I recently purchased an Ogio that I'm quite happy with. Seems like these "belt type" ...more

Camelback helps fund the Sierra club, correct?

|

2/6/2019 8:11 AM

Say NO to Camelbak brand - they are anti-OHV and donate money to groups that actively try to shut down riding areas.

I've run both styles, belt style supposed to lower center gravity. But to be honest I like the back pack style so when I crash I have additional padding on my back. Plus it helps cinch down my chest protector, keeps everything snug.

moto friendly brand.

https://www.uswe-sports.com/us/startpagepreview?showPreview=187

|

2/6/2019 8:16 AM

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co is also a big Sierra Club donator.

I run the Ogio Baja backpack and love it. Never tried the waist type, but I assume its a comfort thing in race scenarios for the Pros. Probably helps keep them cooler during the real hot races. Thats my main complaint with a backpack type, my back is flowing down sweat at the end of a ride

|

2/6/2019 8:16 AM

Teamoatmealpie wrote:

Say NO to Camelbak brand - they are anti-OHV and donate money to groups that actively try to shut down riding areas.

I've run ...more

I don't care about the brand camelbak brand. I meant more so a backpack system vs waist system.

|

2/6/2019 8:27 AM

ML512 wrote:

Not according to Camelbak supposedly

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

2/6/2019 9:20 AM

WE GET TELLED NOT TO USE A CAMEL BACK AND WE MAKE SURE TO BRING A BIG JUG OF KOOL AID TO THE TRACK AND EVEN MORE DOSE IF WE WILL BE IN THE HOT TEXAS SUN

|

suszuki rm85

2/6/2019 9:35 AM

USWE are awesome, don't even feel them after a while, and if you use a neck brace the uswe will hold it down and make it more comfortable then without it

|

2/6/2019 10:03 AM

Stuntman949 wrote:

As someone who doesn't support Camelbak, I recently purchased an Ogio that I'm quite happy with. Seems like these "belt type" ...more

ML512 wrote:

Stuntman949 wrote:

Not according to Camelbak supposedly

http://www.conservationalliance.com/members/

Camelbak is part of the $100,000 plus club, same values as Sierra club.

But back to hydration, I get it, camebak is generic for hydration as Kleenex is to tissues.

The USWE products are very good quality.

|