calling newmann,

Edited Date/Time 6/20/2014 7:54pm
and other vintage moto gurus. first of all im sorry if this is uncalled for, its just ive seen all the awesome stuff you do with old bikes and i figured youre the guy to ask. my buddy bought a 77 yz 400 that needs electrical work. for sure looks like it needs stator and flywheel. we found a 77 yz 125 with all electrical. would anything from the 125 work on the 400 engine? thanks so much.
|
newmann
6/4/2014 12:15pm
Not sure on the interchange, but if all else fails I can get you a complete new PVL electronic ignition for less than probably anyone else will. Flywheel weights available for them also.

Marks Motorcycle Swapmeet for a great source of used parts for that model.
6/4/2014 12:22pm
newmann wrote:
Not sure on the interchange, but if all else fails I can get you a complete new PVL electronic ignition for less than probably anyone else...
Not sure on the interchange, but if all else fails I can get you a complete new PVL electronic ignition for less than probably anyone else will. Flywheel weights available for them also.

I was just gonna ask this question on Mark's. Dad has a 74 MX 250 with intermittent spark. He wants to just go with a pvl and was asking me the best place to buy one. You sell Pvl's Newmann?
6/4/2014 12:31pm
newmann wrote:
Not sure on the interchange, but if all else fails I can get you a complete new PVL electronic ignition for less than probably anyone else...

what exactly does that mean? and whats it run about? thanks for the replay

The Shop

newmann
6/4/2014 12:35pm
newmann wrote:

I was just gonna ask this question on Mark's. Dad has a 74 MX 250 with intermittent spark. He wants to just go with a pvl...
I was just gonna ask this question on Mark's. Dad has a 74 MX 250 with intermittent spark. He wants to just go with a pvl and was asking me the best place to buy one. You sell Pvl's Newmann?
PM sent, check your e-mail.
newmann
6/4/2014 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2014 1:03pm
newmann wrote:

RM250racer wrote:
what exactly does that mean? and whats it run about? thanks for the replay
http://pentonracingproducts.com/

Link to catalog. PM sent also.
mx400bee
6/4/2014 4:06pm
RM250racer, I put a Pvl on a 75` MX400 Yamaha (same engine as YZ400). Newmann`s prices are best by far and the Pvl is the best mod that bike ever had. And no more headaches looking for replacement parts.
6/5/2014 7:48am
Sorry Newmann, I never received the message. I've never been able to find messages someone has sent me from vital. I'm usually pretty internet savvy.
newmann
6/5/2014 8:35am
Check again, pm'd you my e-mail address. Should go to the e-mail address that you signed up on Vital with.
6/5/2014 9:24am
newmann wrote:
Check again, pm'd you my e-mail address. Should go to the e-mail address that you signed up on Vital with.
I'll make it easy, mine is mpoirier at tds.net
Thanks, Mike.
6/20/2014 7:36pm
Pvl showed up tonight, special thanks to Newmann. Hooked me up with a great price shipped to my door. Now to get it installed and running with a meniscus repair and ACL replacement that was done today. Damn dirt bikes!
newmann
6/20/2014 7:44pm
Good deal. You do have a dial indicator to time it with? Also, some valve grinding/lapping compound to run around the taper with the flywheel before seating it in place works great. Pick up a small tube at the auto parts store. You'll be wishing you had done this years ago....Smile
6/20/2014 7:54pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2014 7:54pm
Yes I do, dad has been reading up on it. I am a fleet mechanic for UPS, lots of tools here. I was surprised how simple the system is, not much to it. Gonna be a week or so before I get to it I'm thinking. If I have any questions I know who to ask. Thanks again! P.s. The money was sent Wednesday.

Post a reply to: calling newmann,

The Latest