boyd out at sx?

BobbyM
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 9:46pm
holy baby jesus
|
jbomx363
1/5/2010 9:55am
Finally.

Too bad we are stuck with Shaheen and Bates still.
BobbyM
1/5/2010 9:56am
Steve Scott Becomes Newest Announcer for
Monster Energy® Supercross
Veteran Announcer to Bring New Excitement to Supercross

AURORA, Ill. (January 5, 2010) – When the fireworks go off for the first time during the 2010 Monster Energy® Supercross, an FIM World Championship, season, a new face and new voice will greet the thousands of fans at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, Calif. on January 9. Veteran announcer Steve Scott will take his multiple years of announcing experience to the biggest stadium motorcycle championship in the world.

Known as “Lurch” to the many that know him in the industry, Scott has been announcing events since 2000 when he made the move from being a judge on the freestyle motocross circuit to becoming the series’ announcer. He got his start in the sport by working as a mechanic in 1991.

“I started to get a feel for announcing while goofing around during practice sessions at the FMX events,” said Scott. “I approached my boss about trying it out for real and it’s what I’ve been doing ever since.”

Scott officially took over announcing duties for the IFMA tour at Columbus, Ohio in 2001. He was familiar with the sport as a whole, including supercross where he was an on-site sponsor representative during the 2000 season.

For the next 6 ½ years, Scott traveled with the IFMA and also received opportunities to expand his announcing repertoire with ESPN for its Timbersport and bass fishing properties. During that time, he also took a turn at announcing Monster Jam® events before taking the opportunity this season with Monster Energy® Supercross.

“Now I have a great opportunity ahead of me and I’m extremely excited for the upcoming season,” said Scott. “I hope to bring a new spin to the meat and potatoes that have already made this such an amazing sport.”

The 2010 Monster Energy® Supercross season kicks-off in just a few days on Saturday, January 9 from legendary Angel Stadium.

For more information on the Monster Energy® AMA Supercross, please log on to www.SupercrossOnline.com.

The Shop

BobbyM
1/5/2010 9:57am
jbomx363 wrote:
Finally.

i love bates...she kicks ass, i loved how she asked the hard question to james last a1.
jbomx363
1/5/2010 10:06am
jbomx363 wrote:
Finally.

BobbyM wrote:
i love bates...she kicks ass, i loved how she asked the hard question to james last a1.
Shes a good chick, just not good at that position. You can tell even the riders are tired or just don't plain care for her in the interviews.

And IMO, it was unprofessional to get in James' face at that point in time. Sure, ask the hard questions all you want, but do it at a more opportune time.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/5/2010 10:11am
Not sure if Steve's the floor announcer, or the booth announcer. That spot was occupied by Erv Braun.
flarider
1/5/2010 10:17am
I could never hear a word Erv said in that tower, at least not when a bike was on the track
Chili
1/5/2010 10:18am
jbomx363 wrote:
Finally.

BobbyM wrote:
jbomx363 wrote:
Shes a good chick, just not good at that position. You can tell even the riders are tired or just don't plain care for her in...
Shes a good chick, just not good at that position. You can tell even the riders are tired or just don't plain care for her in the interviews.

And IMO, it was unprofessional to get in James' face at that point in time. Sure, ask the hard questions all you want, but do it at a more opportune time.
Makes for great live TV coverage when Erin Bates tells the viewers "There goes James Stewart, he looks a little pissed but I can assure you we will ask the tough question right after we book an appointment at a more opportune time for James, now back to you Ralph".
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
1/5/2010 10:27am
jbomx363 wrote:
Finally.

BobbyM wrote:
jbomx363 wrote:
Shes a good chick, just not good at that position. You can tell even the riders are tired or just don't plain care for her in...

Dude, Erin rocks and I would have been bummed is she DIDN'T ask James those questions when she did.
jbomx363
1/5/2010 10:27am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:48pm
BobbyM wrote:
jbomx363 wrote:

Chili wrote:
Makes for great live TV coverage when Erin Bates tells the viewers "There goes James Stewart, he looks a little pissed but I can assure you...
Makes for great live TV coverage when Erin Bates tells the viewers "There goes James Stewart, he looks a little pissed but I can assure you we will ask the tough question right after we book an appointment at a more opportune time for James, now back to you Ralph".
Uh... no.

Wait til he is at least off the track and catches his breath and has a chance to compose himself.

You don't see announcers running on a football field to interview someone that just went down, made a TD, made a huge sack, nor on the basketball court, nor on MotoGP, nor anywhere else. Have a tad respect for the participants. I'm sure nothing would have been lost "in the moment" to give the dude a moment.
But no use in arguing... you won't change my mind on what is professional courtesy to the athletes.
Chili
1/5/2010 11:31am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2010 11:32am
jbomx363 wrote:

Chili wrote:
Makes for great live TV coverage when Erin Bates tells the viewers "There goes James Stewart, he looks a little pissed but I can assure you...
jbomx363 wrote:
Uh... no. Wait til he is at least off the track and catches his breath and has a chance to compose himself. You don't see announcers...
Uh... no.

Wait til he is at least off the track and catches his breath and has a chance to compose himself.

You don't see announcers running on a football field to interview someone that just went down, made a TD, made a huge sack, nor on the basketball court, nor on MotoGP, nor anywhere else. Have a tad respect for the participants. I'm sure nothing would have been lost "in the moment" to give the dude a moment.
But no use in arguing... you won't change my mind on what is professional courtesy to the athletes.
The moment would have been lost, a few seconds later James is whisked to his Rig never to be seen again that night.
1/5/2010 11:43am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2010 11:44am
jbomx363 wrote:

Chili wrote:
jbomx363 wrote:
Uh... no. Wait til he is at least off the track and catches his breath and has a chance to compose himself. You don't see announcers...
Uh... no.

bullshit jbo. other sports, the camera is right there as soon as it can get there. Ball and stick sports, motorsports, camera and sideline reporter right there asap. I thought it was an outstanding moment and we saw a side of a rider that wasnt sugar coated, filtered, and preplanned out and rehearsed. bravo I say
chillrich
1/5/2010 11:51am
Chili wrote:
jbomx363 wrote:
Uh... no.

bullshit jbo. other sports, the camera is right there as soon as it can get there. Ball and stick sports, motorsports, camera and sideline reporter right...
bullshit jbo. other sports, the camera is right there as soon as it can get there. Ball and stick sports, motorsports, camera and sideline reporter right there asap. I thought it was an outstanding moment and we saw a side of a rider that wasnt sugar coated, filtered, and preplanned out and rehearsed. bravo I say
The timing was Priceless on that, great job by Erin.
dirthead1
1/5/2010 11:59am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:48pm
Wait! Let's get back to the announcement!

Terry Boyd is gone!

Hallelujah! Can I get an Amen?
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
1/5/2010 12:10pm
What about the voice of God guy?
jbomx363
1/5/2010 12:41pm
bullshit jbo. other sports, the camera is right there as soon as it can get there. Ball and stick sports, motorsports, camera and sideline reporter right...
It's not bullshit. Just as you said, a sideline reporter, not someone on the field. She should have waited till he was off the side of the track.

Nothing would have been lost and she wouldn't have been brushed aside at 1st either. He was still steamed once he got by his Pops and she could have done her thing then.

As I said, I see it as being unprofessional, others see it differently.

It's plain and simple to me, she sucks at interviews and commenting. Watch some of the podium interviews where some riders roll their eyes at her or ignore her dumb question and/or comment and say what they want to say instead. By this time, you would think she would have her A game, but she's stuck in D game.

However, if anyone had to go, I would have hoped it been Sheheen.

And no.. I doubt I can do any better.

mooch
Fantasy
431st
1/5/2010 1:18pm
I totally agree, Erin putting the question to James when she did was awesomely classic. Props to her for having the balls to pull that off!

If he were asked the same question an hour or so later the moment would have been lost and we would have had a "prepared" comment...who needs any more of that?

Anyone who feels otherwise is blinded by their own loathing for Erin.
Rabbit
1/5/2010 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:48pm
mooch wrote:
I totally agree, Erin putting the question to James when she did was awesomely classic. Props to her for having the balls to pull that off...
I totally agree, Erin putting the question to James when she did was awesomely classic. Props to her for having the balls to pull that off!

If he were asked the same question an hour or so later the moment would have been lost and we would have had a "prepared" comment...who needs any more of that?

Anyone who feels otherwise is blinded by their own loathing for Erin.
Edit: I meant to quote jbomx363, not mooch

He was off the track walking back to the tunnel with his helmet off. It was the perfect time for a plucky reporter to cut her teeth in the heat of the moment. The improper time would have been for her to jump on the trac when Stewie was pushing his bike back on the track in front of KW and ask what he thought of Chad at that moment.

But back on topic, how will I know how to clear my vision if Terry ain't there to tell me?
1/5/2010 1:34pm
If Erin can't get the respect from the riders....there is only one man that can!!!

jbomx363
1/5/2010 1:49pm
Rabbit wrote:
Edit: I meant to quote jbomx363, not mooch He was off the track walking back to the tunnel with his helmet off. It was the perfect...
Edit: I meant to quote jbomx363, not mooch

He was off the track walking back to the tunnel with his helmet off. It was the perfect time for a plucky reporter to cut her teeth in the heat of the moment. The improper time would have been for her to jump on the trac when Stewie was pushing his bike back on the track in front of KW and ask what he thought of Chad at that moment.

But back on topic, how will I know how to clear my vision if Terry ain't there to tell me?
No problem.. maybe my memory isn't clear on it. I remember her doing it much sooner as he was still on the track walking away from his bike. She asked, he was pissed and said "I crashed".

And no, I don't mean an hour later, I meant when he got off the track and stood on the sidelines as he did 3 minutes later.

No big dealio, she still doesn't rate well to me. Carry on.
TeamGreen
1/5/2010 2:24pm
Erin rocks. Some of you guys are talkin' shit...all the while...she's simply a nice person to work with, and:

1. She'll walk out and ask the question(s) that she just KNOWS she's gonna get shit for...even in the middle of the "Flood" at Daytona in '08.

2. Everyone likes her and will take an interview with her while they'll tell others, "No, thanks!"

3. She has to put up with some of the lamest shit from directors, producers and other "commentators".

4. She's got more class than anyone-else doing that job.

I'm jus' sayin'...
race
1/5/2010 2:32pm
Boyd is actually gone? I may actually have to start going again.

Let's hope the new guy doesn't shill non-stop at 130 db.

gt80rider
1/5/2010 2:50pm
"Are You Ready To Party Like A Rock Star?!!!!!"

I just wanted to kill myself when I heard that phrase ten times a night......
VEGAS711
1/5/2010 2:54pm
GuyB wrote:
Not sure if Steve's the floor announcer, or the booth announcer. That spot was occupied by Erv Braun.
He will be the floor guy. Erv has a 3 year contract for his booth spot.
1/5/2010 2:54pm
gt80rider wrote:
"Are You Ready To Party Like A Rock Star?!!!!!"

I just wanted to kill myself when I heard that phrase ten times a night......
Me too! Thats too funny
40Plus_922mx
1/5/2010 3:09pm
I can show the new kid how to rub mud in his face for Scott Goggles? LoL. As annoying as Terry was he did a great job of keeping the program moving. He had an incredibly hard job and made it look easy.

I remember a couple years ago he and Jamie Little were comming out in the bed of a truck and he couldn't get the tail gate open at first. When he man handled it, it flopped open and the tail gate trim fell off. LoL. His exact words were, "Nothing like the best laid plans" LoL..
peelout719
1/5/2010 3:18pm
kevin204 wrote:
What about the voice of God guy?
turn on mxvsatv reflex if you want to get severely annoyed by that douche bag

Post a reply to: boyd out at sx?

The Latest