bike rack on back of a car.

JohnMatrix
7/27/2017 4:23pm
pmshortt2 wrote:
Those are sweet but they're like $400
You can get the "tie down" version for like 300. It has a folding wheel chock and makes it very easy to secure the bike with just two straps. I've been very happy with mine so far.
VicDaMoan03
7/27/2017 5:17pm
What happens on one of those hitch mounted carriers when someone rear ends you and claims he saw no brake lights? Seems to me that would be a valid excuse and you would be at fault. Also seems like it would be more of an issue with smaller cars where the brake lights are closer together.
bigmaico
7/27/2017 7:14pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2017 5:23am
PFitzG38 wrote:
This has made my life easier. $200 bucks on Craigslist 10 miles from my house. It was on my truck 45mins after i saw it on...
This has made my life easier. $200 bucks on Craigslist 10 miles from my house. It was on my truck 45mins after i saw it on CL

I bagged one of those for $100 about 12 years ago when some dirt bag decided he need my cargo trailer more then I did! It was only 1/10 of a mile from my house ( as the Crow fly's) & I beat some other guy out of it by getting over there sooner then he did!

I still have it in the addict, it was on lone to Dave the Vintage guy for a few years too!

I hauled the Mighty 81 490 Maico to Cycle ranch from Houston, About 265 miles & never had one problem with it.

Mini Elsinore
7/27/2017 7:27pm
What happens on one of those hitch mounted carriers when someone rear ends you and claims he saw no brake lights? Seems to me that would...
What happens on one of those hitch mounted carriers when someone rear ends you and claims he saw no brake lights? Seems to me that would be a valid excuse and you would be at fault. Also seems like it would be more of an issue with smaller cars where the brake lights are closer together.
Lighting kits are available for the carrier.
From www.DiscountRamps.com.

The Shop

Post a reply to: bike rack on back of a car.

The Latest