best under jersey chest protectors

Related:
Create New Tag

12/7/2019 4:24 PM

whats everyones favorite under the jersey chest pro? i've been looking for something super minimal that has good protection and came to the conclusion that the atlas guardian lite looks like the best one. little did i know they stopped making them for some reason.... i was able to find a used s/m one on pinkpike though so i'm hoping its a good one.
why the hell did atlas stop making these chest protectors though? they seem like a highly wanted piece of equipment.

|

12/7/2019 9:40 PM

The alpinestar A4 or A1.....whichever is made for roost over impact. It’s really good.

|

12/7/2019 10:04 PM

Astars a1 fit the best under the jersey for me but I broke my top rib right below collarbone where the chest pro doesn’t really cover and also collapsed my lung in it on two different occasions. Good roost guard but I would recommend the more padded version. currently running fly protector over the jersey now seems to be a lot more protective

|

12/7/2019 10:23 PM

Troy Lee Designs
Very comfortable and light
https://troyleedesigns.com/products/5955-chest-body-guard-white

|

12/7/2019 10:32 PM

Another alpinestars a1 user here. Very minimalistic and not very noticeable under the jersey

|

12/7/2019 11:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/7/2019 11:11 PM

The Troy Lee 5900 is super comfy and helps with roost a lot. Just wish it worked with the atlas brace better. Does anybody wear it with the Leatt 6.5? Thinking of upgrading

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

12/7/2019 11:45 PM

pbody wrote:

Troy Lee Designs

What does that look like under a jersey?

|

12/8/2019 3:25 AM

Leatt 3DF Airfit. It’s not quite as slim as the A1 roostguard, but the protection to weight ratio is unparalleled imo

|

Two wheels, tacos, and tubes

12/8/2019 4:33 AM

Just rode with the Alpinestars A1 plus. It's the A1 with a bit of extra protection. So far I like it.

|

12/8/2019 6:01 AM

Anyone tried the new fox R3?

|

12/8/2019 6:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2019 6:14 AM

hubbardmx50 wrote:

The Troy Lee 5900 is super comfy and helps with roost a lot. Just wish it worked with the atlas brace better. Does anybody wear it with the Leatt 6.5? Thinking of upgrading

I use a TLD 5900 as well and like it a lot! I can hardly tell it’s there.
Just curious about using it with an Atlas though- what didn’t you like about it, if you don’t mind me asking? I just picked up an Atlas to replace my original Leatt, but haven’t ridden with it yet.

|

12/8/2019 10:51 AM

I currently wear the Fox Raceframe Impact SB and it’s very comfortable, specially the flexible back protection.

Here’s a review by Keefer:
https://www.keeferinctesting.com/gear-2/2019/9/3/fox-racing-raceframe-impact-sb-guard

It’s pretty minimalist approach, which looks great under the jersey (you can’t really tell it’s there), but you also give up some level of protection.

|

12/8/2019 1:38 PM

BRZ wrote:

I currently wear the Fox Raceframe Impact SB and it’s very comfortable, specially the flexible back protection.

Here’s a review by Keefer:
https://www.keeferinctesting.com/gear-2/2019/9/3/fox-racing-raceframe-impact-sb-guard

It’s pretty minimalist approach, which looks great under the jersey (you can’t really tell it’s there), but you also give up some level of protection.

Fits under jerssey very well, but will not work with a Leatt neck brace.

|

12/8/2019 1:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2019 1:52 PM

hubbardmx50 wrote:

Justin314 wrote:

I use a TLD 5900 as well and like it a lot! I can hardly tell it’s there.
Just curious about using it with an Atlas though- what didn’t you like about it, if you don’t mind me asking? I just picked up an Atlas to replace my original Leatt, but haven’t ridden with it yet.

The thing with the Atlas is it really has no adjustments. The reason I want the Leatt is because the newer ones can adjust to be bigger or smaller for your chest and back. I think my Atlas is a bit small so maybe if I had a size up it would work with the Troy Lee better. It’s not horrible it just rides up a bit when I’m wearing the chest pro and I can’t turn my head as much. Even without a chest pro it feels small so it’s probably time to get a bigger size. I'm sure you will like it way better than the OG Leatt

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

12/8/2019 1:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2019 1:56 PM

Alpinestars A-1 or A-4. I use the A-1.

But like someone already mentioned, it is extremely minimal and thus more of a roost protector. It wont help you in a big crash.

The A-4 seems to be more of a traditional chest protector but it's not bulky.

|

12/8/2019 2:04 PM

I appreciate the info! I did notice the lack of real adjustment as well. Since I seemed to be right in between a medium and large chest size-wise, I went with the large to try and accommodate the protector..hopefully it’ll help

|

12/8/2019 5:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2019 9:22 PM

pbody wrote:

Troy Lee Designs

fullfloater wrote:

What does that look like under a jersey?

I'm 5'11" and 190 lbs. This is a size Large underneath.

I've worn other under jersey protectors and my wife likes this one the best.

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

12/8/2019 6:53 PM

leatt 3.5

|

12/8/2019 8:55 PM

TLD

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

12/9/2019 4:40 AM

I picked up a Fly Revel and have been very impressed so far. Always heard J.T. talk about it on the Pulp show so I decided to give it a shot.

|

12/9/2019 8:02 AM

I've got the Fox Raceframe Roost protector. It's super lightweight and ventilation is great. It's hard plastic for great roost protection and has a removable back piece as well. I use it with the back piece for Downhill and without for moto, all under shirt.

|

12/9/2019 8:48 AM

Do you want hard-shell or soft? I'd recommend the Leatt 3DF AirFit chest protector for a soft option. It's super slim and CE-1 rated for protection,
https://www.btosports.com/dirt-bike-gear/leatt-3df-airfit-chest-protector

|

12/9/2019 9:11 AM

I always wear an outer protector when I race (Thor Sentinel), but a lot of times on a practice night I will use my Seven Zero roost vest. Unfortunately, I had a crash that let me with a chest injury while wearing it. So now I am contemplating always wearing the outer protector, once I'm back riding.

|

12/9/2019 9:36 AM

I have the TLD that has been mentioned here. It's nice and really hugs the body but I prefer my Fly Racing Revel for woods racing that I do. The TLD was almost always too hot due to it hugging too tightly.

|

Shout out to: Fly Racing, X Brand Goggles, Kenda Tire, Nuetech Nitromousse, ProTune Suspension, Motool, Sunstar Sprockets, and Rehmerts Kawasaki KTM