best suspension?

yzkrazy219
Edited Date/Time 5/16/2012 5:55pm
Who puts out the best suspension? What are your experiences with some of the top companies? Good or bad.
|
mx317
5/15/2012 6:07pm
I've tried others, but keep coming back to Factory Connection.
Factoryphoto
5/15/2012 6:12pm
mx317 wrote:
I've tried others, but keep coming back to Factory Connection.
x1 Factory connection stuff is outstanding
5/15/2012 6:15pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2012 6:15pm
Yeah FC East did a great job revalving and respringing my 125

But local tuners are good too !

The Shop

mx510
Fantasy
1707th
5/15/2012 6:15pm
I personally am a fan of finding a local guy that knows you and where you ride. I have had better results this way. The "local" suspension company that has given me the best results is EVO Industries, and I believe that there a couple of them located around the country.
TX24
5/15/2012 6:35pm
Race Tech is good. If you know of anyone local, you will save a bunch on shipping.
Spergen
5/15/2012 7:03pm
mx510 wrote:
I personally am a fan of finding a local guy that knows you and where you ride. I have had better results this way. The "local"...
I personally am a fan of finding a local guy that knows you and where you ride. I have had better results this way. The "local" suspension company that has given me the best results is EVO Industries, and I believe that there a couple of them located around the country.
X2 Its invaluable to have a guy set up your suspension at the track or tracks you ride.
Indy mxer
5/15/2012 7:07pm
I've had good luck with Pro Circuit for my Kaw 250F
se7enmx
5/15/2012 7:08pm
FOX Shox. Really you ask? Yes really it is good. Stp away from the standard issue. Try it!
orangecrush
5/15/2012 7:25pm
Enzo the best I ever had...After spending all my money with the goons at Factory Conmen, I'm a happy now.
BobbyM
5/15/2012 7:43pm
yzkrazy219 wrote:
Who puts out the best suspension? What are your experiences with some of the top companies? Good or bad.
hydraulic suspension at this time is the best...but the i heard the latest electro-magneterra-firma interpretative suspension is making some headway. can't wait to try it.
sozo
5/15/2012 7:44pm
I have FC and PC both set up for an A rider, THEY ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

PC im still not totally getting along with, it works better the faster you go yes but the front end pushes and the rear packs, i have to speed up the rebound next time i ride to see if it helps... I would like it more plush up top not able to get there yet.

FC set my outdoor A rider suspension faster rebound and is softer in the rear setup. I would like it stiffer overall from default settings, i can get there with a few clicks.
sozo
5/15/2012 7:47pm
Overall, next time I am only going to change springs and adjust for oil a little if need be, ill see how it goes from there... Revalving is not too much differnt from stock stuff, correct springs are more important IMHO.
TeamGreen
5/15/2012 8:08pm
SLAPAHO wrote:
[img]http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/161900_169832299723078_7529632_n.jpg[/img]
This is the same response you'll get from the guy that develops CRFs for Honda.

I'm jus' knowin'...
Psc19933
5/16/2012 12:24am
For showa, FC. For kyb, Enzon, and it seems for the WP stuff Rg3 is really starting to emerge as a great tuner. Just imho.
julienmark
5/16/2012 3:37am
Having a local tuner who is prepaired to spend time at the track with you is by far the best!

Dont any of you fuckers bother to Argue!
Bellone
5/16/2012 4:11am
Most anybody but Pro Circuit.
Paul333
5/16/2012 5:32am
If you listen to MXA (I do) Yamaha's have the best stock suspension, only requiring spring changes to fit the rider.

As for after-market I've only dealt with Pro-Ciruit and Factory Connection and both were outstanding.
MXD
5/16/2012 7:43am
For me it has always been FC. There stuff has always been great. I didn't chose them because the were "Factory Connection", I chose them because they are 40 minutes from my house and at a lot of our local races for support. That is what is probably most important. I'm sure there are others out there that do just as good a job but the fact that they are so close and supportive at the local level is what made me chose them in the first place.
ianhendry46
5/16/2012 8:07am
I had factory connection, i wasnt too impressed. I now have race tech and I will never change to another company. I have ridden Honda's, Suzuki's, Kawasaki's that all had race tech and I was impressed with each of them. Race Tech for life for me.
Shawn142
5/16/2012 8:15am Edited Date/Time 5/16/2012 8:16am
Really you shouldn't use anyone unless you're going for aftermarket components. For most riders who have no feel for suspension anyway, just correctly spring the bike for your weight and adjust some clickers. If you feel daring play with the oil level some. Pro or very in-tune riders can get benefit from A-kit or upgraded components. But if you're not sure what the suspension is doing wrong to begin with paying for a re-valve is just wasting money.
Wiley
5/16/2012 8:25am
Shawn142 wrote:
Really you shouldn't use anyone unless you're going for aftermarket components. For most riders who have no feel for suspension anyway, just correctly spring the bike...
Really you shouldn't use anyone unless you're going for aftermarket components. For most riders who have no feel for suspension anyway, just correctly spring the bike for your weight and adjust some clickers. If you feel daring play with the oil level some. Pro or very in-tune riders can get benefit from A-kit or upgraded components. But if you're not sure what the suspension is doing wrong to begin with paying for a re-valve is just wasting money.
I disagree. IMO, the best money spent on your bike is getting the suspenders tuned for your skills and terrain preference. All the other parts are a waist until you've fit suspension to your preference.

Many tuners don't need aftermarket parts to do the work either, they simply change the valving and other specs to make it work best for you. Also, I'd really recommend going with someone local as so you have a face to talk to in knowing how to fine tune it best for you. And last, find a good tuner by his/her reputation. The moto community is not that big and everyone talks about who does the best work.
CamP
5/16/2012 8:38am
Shawn142 wrote:
Really you shouldn't use anyone unless you're going for aftermarket components. For most riders who have no feel for suspension anyway, just correctly spring the bike...
Wiley wrote:
I disagree. IMO, the best money spent on your bike is getting the suspenders tuned for your skills and terrain preference. All the other parts are...
I disagree. IMO, the best money spent on your bike is getting the suspenders tuned for your skills and terrain preference. All the other parts are a waist until you've fit suspension to your preference.

Many tuners don't need aftermarket parts to do the work either, they simply change the valving and other specs to make it work best for you. Also, I'd really recommend going with someone local as so you have a face to talk to in knowing how to fine tune it best for you. And last, find a good tuner by his/her reputation. The moto community is not that big and everyone talks about who does the best work.
I totally agree with Shawn. The best way for the average mx'er to burn $700 is to get their suspension re-valved. There are exceptions such as pros, guys that use mx bikes for off-road and guys that weigh 250+lbs, but for the majority of mx riders, just getting the correct spring rates is the most beneficial suspension mod.
Hut
5/16/2012 8:47am
I use a local guy and give him me expectations and he installs stiffer springs and revalves it. Much better than stock but maybe I just don't know what I am missing out on from the big names???
Hut
5/16/2012 8:49am
CamP wrote:
I totally agree with Shawn. The best way for the average mx'er to burn $700 is to get their suspension re-valved. There are exceptions such as...
I totally agree with Shawn. The best way for the average mx'er to burn $700 is to get their suspension re-valved. There are exceptions such as pros, guys that use mx bikes for off-road and guys that weigh 250+lbs, but for the majority of mx riders, just getting the correct spring rates is the most beneficial suspension mod.
CamP, how did that '07 CR250 work out for you? did you get it all dialed in to your liking? thoughts?
Shawn142
5/16/2012 8:50am
Wiley wrote:
I disagree. IMO, the best money spent on your bike is getting the suspenders tuned for your skills and terrain preference. All the other parts are...

My point is most riders don't have a clue what's best for them. They send the suspension off for a re-valve because that's just what you do. Could you tell me what part of the rate you need firmed up or softened in your suspension? I've been riding for 25+ years and I don't have a clue. I adapt to what I'm given like most guys. And when it's my money being spent I don't see how some dude's generic vet expert setting is going to help me significantly over stock valving with the correct springs when you look at the significant price increase between the two.
sozo
5/16/2012 8:58am
I have been hearing JGR is besting everyone with that fancy new state of the art suspension Dyno... Burner is there now and several other great riders.

Post a reply to: best suspension?

The Latest