best gear for tall riders?

mx4all
Edited Date/Time 9/9/2018 11:01pm
What gear is the best choice for tall riders?

I am 6'2 and always has to cut the sleeves on the shirts because they are always to short and squeeses around the arms and causes armpump.
|
Crush
9/8/2018 6:54am
I'm 197cm, run TLD gear almost always. Sizing is great... length wise good and sizing accurate.

I've found shift/fox run a size small on almost everything, boots too.
dura max
9/8/2018 8:21am
mx4all wrote:
What gear is the best choice for tall riders? I am 6'2 and always has to cut the sleeves on the shirts because they are always...

I am 6'2 and always has to cut the sleeves on the shirts because they are always to short and squeeses around the arms and causes armpump.
I am 6'4". TLD. Pants: Best length and plenty of room for knee braces. Jersey's are nice and long. Don't untuck mid moto ala Jason Anderson

The Shop

Joko
Fantasy
190th
9/8/2018 8:41am
5th gear, wide open
9/9/2018 9:20am
Also order a size larger jersey than you think you need. The extra shoulder width translates into longer arms for tall skinny riders.
Wade221
9/9/2018 10:37am
mx4all wrote:
What gear is the best choice for tall riders? I am 6'2 and always has to cut the sleeves on the shirts because they are always...

I'm 6'2", as well. All arms and legs really. Fox/Shift guy. I find the 34/L pant jersey combo fit is "fine", but just too short.

So, like queen of spodes said, I go up on jersey and pants. For the pants, so they don't fall down, I take them to alterations cleaners, and have the waist/buckle taken in. Only cost a few bucks
9/9/2018 11:00am
mx4all wrote:

zuk338
9/9/2018 12:39pm
TLD and fasthouse have been great to me. 6’3” here
9/9/2018 12:44pm
I'm 6'2" and like the TLD GP pants due to their clean looks. After maybe 5 rides the knees are completely blown out because the leather doesn't come down far enough to cover my braces where they rub the side of my bike. Any other taller guys have this problem?
BAD10
9/9/2018 3:20pm
I used to wear TLD but started looking for something else when they stopped putting the extra cinching straps on the sides of the waist. Squirrelings.... I used to have the same problem with the leather on the TLD pants. I’m 6’5” and and about 228lbs and have found the FH gear to fit great and durable. I’m 33-34 waist in street clothes and always wear 36 pants in moto gear and the FH stuff has the aforementioned waist straps on the side. The FH jerseys are cut a little small so I wear their 3X jersey. Plenty of room and although it doesn’t look it in the pic, the sleeve length is long enough and I have a 37” sleeve.

9/9/2018 5:49pm
I got new TLD gear this year and its kind of disappointing. Too small or too big. I went with too big and will just have it sized down a bit..total pain in the ass.

My fox gear is near perfect and my Alias gear is spot on awesome. Hopefully they come back and have the same fit.
Crush
9/9/2018 11:01pm
mx4all wrote:

Should also say... for arm pump, it's especially important being tall that you use your legs.

Your height is naturally going to force you back on the bike. Keep your core and legs tight and use them to pull you forward, not your arms.

Unless you've got arms like Francis Nganou I doubt your jersey is cutting in that tight that it'll affect arm pump.

Post a reply to: best gear for tall riders?

The Latest