best chest protector

Edited Date/Time 3/14/2014 8:09am
in the market for a new chest protector, any suggestions? ive been looking at the thor sentinel and the fly pivotal lite
|
Parks65
3/31/2013 7:43pm
RM250racer wrote:
in the market for a new chest protector, any suggestions? ive been looking at the thor sentinel and the fly pivotal lite
I've got a brand new fly pivitol, it's comfortable but won't work with my Evs brace. Works fine with leatt and astars.
$50 and its yours. PM me if you want
Scott167
Fantasy
222nd
3/31/2013 7:43pm
i have a leatt one. if you have the leatt brace i would suggest looking at it. i really like its fit and feel. i am 6"3 and have tried the thor sentinel but for me its just too small. i think they advertise like 120-220lbs range but im 195 and it just doesnt work for me. i have not tried the fly one so i cant really speak on that.
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3801st
3/31/2013 7:48pm
I like my Fox Proframe LC, but it's more of a roost protector than a full on chest protector.
3/31/2013 8:00pm
RM250racer wrote:
Parks65 wrote:
I've got a brand new fly pivitol, it's comfortable but won't work with my Evs brace. Works fine with leatt and astars. $50 and its yours...
I've got a brand new fly pivitol, it's comfortable but won't work with my Evs brace. Works fine with leatt and astars.
which evs doesnt work? cause i was looking at getting the r4

The Shop

3/31/2013 8:38pm
Bigoldbeef wrote:
This is the best, most comfortable chest protector ever made [url=http://motocrossactionmag.com/Reviews/News/MXA-TEAM-TESTED-RXR-STRONGFLEX-ASA-PROTECTOR-9156.aspx]http://motocrossactionmag.com/Reviews/News/MXA-TEAM-TESTED-RXR-STRONGFLEX-ASA-PROTECTOR-9156.aspx[/url] I just got mine 2 days ago, totally worth the money. I think it cost...
This is the best, most comfortable chest protector ever made

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Reviews/News/MXA-TEAM-TESTED-RXR-STRONGFLEX-ASA-PROTECTOR-9156.aspx

I just got mine 2 days ago, totally worth the money. I think it cost me around $236 bucks shipped to Ohio.
never knew how hi-tech these things could get lol but im not gonna throw down that much money on one. i have an acerbis i got from a buddy but its so damn uncomfortable.

also im looking into buying a neck brace too so any suggestions on that too would be appreciated
3/31/2013 8:44pm
Bigoldbeef wrote:
This is the best, most comfortable chest protector ever made [url=http://motocrossactionmag.com/Reviews/News/MXA-TEAM-TESTED-RXR-STRONGFLEX-ASA-PROTECTOR-9156.aspx]http://motocrossactionmag.com/Reviews/News/MXA-TEAM-TESTED-RXR-STRONGFLEX-ASA-PROTECTOR-9156.aspx[/url] I just got mine 2 days ago, totally worth the money. I think it cost...
This is the best, most comfortable chest protector ever made

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Reviews/News/MXA-TEAM-TESTED-RXR-STRONGFLEX-ASA-PROTECTOR-9156.aspx

I just got mine 2 days ago, totally worth the money. I think it cost me around $236 bucks shipped to Ohio.
RM250racer wrote:
never knew how hi-tech these things could get lol but im not gonna throw down that much money on one. i have an acerbis i got...
never knew how hi-tech these things could get lol but im not gonna throw down that much money on one. i have an acerbis i got from a buddy but its so damn uncomfortable.

also im looking into buying a neck brace too so any suggestions on that too would be appreciated
I had a leatt, rode with it for like 2 months and could never get used to it, it actually made me less comfortable so I just ditched it.

The Atlas brace is the best neck brace on the market right now IMO.
Parks65
3/31/2013 8:44pm
RM250racer wrote:
Parks65 wrote:
I've got a brand new fly pivitol, it's comfortable but won't work with my Evs brace. Works fine with leatt and astars. $50 and its yours...
RM250racer wrote:
The white EVS which I believe is the R4, the most current one they have. It's too wide in the back and doesn't come down the spine like the others do so it won't tuck in the back of my fly pivitol. I choose the neck have over the roost guard because I worn a leatt too and the EVS is a lot less restrictive. Way more comfortable
3/31/2013 8:52pm
Parks65 wrote:
RM250racer wrote:
Parks65 wrote:
The white EVS which I believe is the R4, the most current one they have. It's too wide in the back and doesn't come down the...
The white EVS which I believe is the R4, the most current one they have. It's too wide in the back and doesn't come down the spine like the others do so it won't tuck in the back of my fly pivitol. I choose the neck have over the roost guard because I worn a leatt too and the EVS is a lot less restrictive. Way more comfortable
im kinda considering a under the jersey roost guard cause i want my chest protector to work around my neck brace, not the other way around. what did you like and dislike for the leatt brace over the evs? thanks in advance
Parks65
3/31/2013 9:18pm
The leatt was just too restrictive and bulky. The EVS is comfortable and still gives you piece of mind
markymoto
3/31/2013 10:30pm

i have a new with tags alpinestar a10 , $110 shipped to u.s. retails for $170
Yamaha701
3/31/2013 10:52pm
RM250racer wrote:
Parks65 wrote:
Hey man im really interested in that pivotol for 50 bucks. What color is it? send me a pm it wont let me pm you.
BD233
4/1/2013 5:44am
I use the Astars A-6 and the EVS R4...works great. Picked up the A-6 off Ebay new for $35.
Elbows
Fantasy
1171st
4/1/2013 7:20am Edited Date/Time 4/1/2013 7:26am
I just bought a A-8 from Motosport outlet for $199 shipped. It's hands down the most comfortable chest protector that i've ever had. Offers good protection and I like the wrap around rib protection too.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
4/1/2013 9:42am
I've read that mxa really likes the leatt chest protector, And of you look at pics from Loretta lynns qualifiers alot of riders are wearing them. I've seen Kevin Windham with one and Trey Canard wears them too. Personally I want to buy the Troy Lee Designs/ Shock Doctor CP 5900. Both of these are designed to work with leatt braces.
Titan1
4/4/2013 9:08am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2013 9:12am
If you want an actual chest "protector" and not just a roost guard...This is what I wear...I don't wear a neck brace, so I can't comment on whether or not if works with any of those...but in terms of protection and comfort, its the best I've ever used. It is a little warmer than a traditional chest protector (and that is my only complaint), but I honestly don't even notice the thing when I'm riding. Plus its nice to have built in elbow protection and kidney belt...I've taken several high speed tumbles across the desert in this thing, and I've walked away (I wear the fox titan pro knee/shin guards as well). I won't ride without it.

3/14/2014 7:32am
The new RXR Strongflex body Armour with its inflatable technology.
http://www.chestprotector.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/chestprotector

Now available in 7 colours
Be a leader not a follower The Strongflex inflatable body armour is fast becoming a must have peace of kit used by professionals and amateurs rider that wish to compete at a higher level. AIR BAG TECHNOLOGY the future of MX safety.

Full colour range now available.
5 TIMES MORE PROTECTION FOR YOUR CHEST.
8 TIMES MORE PROTECTION FOR YOUR BACK.

This is based upon the scientific results of the C.E Norm test. Certification No0501/1031/162/10/07/0041A
Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
3/14/2014 8:09am

I bought one of these off EBAY last year and really like it. The back protection is great, it's lite, has a little shoulder protection. Really nice.

Post a reply to: best chest protector

The Latest