best boot prices?

Edited Date/Time 10/8/2014 8:32pm
Im looking to get either some new tech 8s or some gaernes. Ive been loiking around ebay and a couple other moto sites. Im just wondering where everyone buys theirs from.

Thanks!!!
|
hvaughn88
9/18/2013 9:33am
Im looking to get either some new tech 8s or some gaernes. Ive been loiking around ebay and a couple other moto sites. Im just wondering...
Im looking to get either some new tech 8s or some gaernes. Ive been loiking around ebay and a couple other moto sites. Im just wondering where everyone buys theirs from.

Thanks!!!
I have bought two pairs from BTOsports.com and I couldn't be more pleased with their service. One pair was too big and they returned them no questions asked. They are very easy to deal with and have the best prices I have seen anywhere. Plus "they support the sport that supports us, us, us" and are contributors to pulpmx show. Make sure you use the discount code when you checkout and they will give you 10% off (although I don't think it works on alpinestars).
kyle450rider
9/18/2013 9:38am
BTO Sports will be getting my business for a while. I ordered lots of stuff for the new KTM from them and they treated me great. Honestly on boots you should expect to pay for what you want out of them. I used to buy cheap boots and they wouldn't last a season. My last tech 8's are still in service and apart from replacing a buckle are still in descent shape.
9/18/2013 9:43am
I've been shopping at Motorcycle Superstore, they give a 10% off coupon in the box for next order which is nice.
9/18/2013 10:04am Edited Date/Time 9/18/2013 10:05am
BTO Sports will be getting my business for a while. I ordered lots of stuff for the new KTM from them and they treated me great...
BTO Sports will be getting my business for a while. I ordered lots of stuff for the new KTM from them and they treated me great. Honestly on boots you should expect to pay for what you want out of them. I used to buy cheap boots and they wouldn't last a season. My last tech 8's are still in service and apart from replacing a buckle are still in descent shape.
I do plan to buy good boots. Thats one thing that I will definitely not cheap out on.
Thanks for your help!

The Shop

9/18/2013 10:06am
Im looking to get either some new tech 8s or some gaernes. Ive been loiking around ebay and a couple other moto sites. Im just wondering...

Thanks!!!
hvaughn88 wrote:
I have bought two pairs from BTOsports.com and I couldn't be more pleased with their service. One pair was too big and they returned them no...
I have bought two pairs from BTOsports.com and I couldn't be more pleased with their service. One pair was too big and they returned them no questions asked. They are very easy to deal with and have the best prices I have seen anywhere. Plus "they support the sport that supports us, us, us" and are contributors to pulpmx show. Make sure you use the discount code when you checkout and they will give you 10% off (although I don't think it works on alpinestars).
What discount code?

Thanks for the advice! Im trying to save as much money as possible since im buying a bike and all gear again. Its been a few years since ive had a bike and I cant take it any more!!
Wandell
9/18/2013 10:07am
Bob's Cycle has Tech 8's on sale.
9/18/2013 10:08am
Dang...bto is out of stock on the white/red/yeklow ones. Im planning on getting those with the red/yellow shift gear. Im not fast anymore so I gotta make sure I at least look good!! Haha
9/18/2013 10:11am
How about some opinions on guys that have ridden the tech 7s and the 8s...huge difference? Ive ridden in the 8s but my boy rides the 7s and he likes them.
mxb2
9/18/2013 10:23am
How about some opinions on guys that have ridden the tech 7s and the 8s...huge difference? Ive ridden in the 8s but my boy rides the...
How about some opinions on guys that have ridden the tech 7s and the 8s...huge difference? Ive ridden in the 8s but my boy rides the 7s and he likes them.
The code will not work on Alpinestars products and other products, FYI certain products it will.
hvaughn88
9/18/2013 10:26am Edited Date/Time 9/18/2013 10:30am
He's right, the discount code doesn't work on alpinestars (stated that in my first post). But I'm pretty sure the discount code right now is "pulpmx" so that could be helpful on other purchases.
rikhek
9/18/2013 11:13am
I bought a pair of Gaerne SG-10 boots from Rocky Mountain MC this year. They had the best price by far. Even better if you have a 10% discount code. FWIW, I've a sponsorship this year with Gaerne and the Rocky Mountain price was lower than the Gaerne sponsored rider price. Go figure....
mtl
9/18/2013 11:43am
rikhek wrote:
I bought a pair of Gaerne SG-10 boots from Rocky Mountain MC this year. They had the best price by far. Even better if you have...
I bought a pair of Gaerne SG-10 boots from Rocky Mountain MC this year. They had the best price by far. Even better if you have a 10% discount code. FWIW, I've a sponsorship this year with Gaerne and the Rocky Mountain price was lower than the Gaerne sponsored rider price. Go figure....
Sponsorship isn't really all about getting the best price. It's about representing and being associated with the products that you actually believe in.

If Shit-Boot gave you a great deal on shitty boots would you be trying to get sponsorship and represent them?
9/18/2013 11:55am
I always watch eBay when my boots are nearing the end of their life. Its hit or miss, but I got a brand new pair of tech 10's for 375 shipped the last time, way better than the 579 everyone was advertising. That being said I ride a Honda and have the Kawi colored tech 10's but I don't care, they were 200 cheaper than ordering them from a vendor.
Roostermx58
9/18/2013 12:34pm
I run a side business that stocks 20 sets (Astar, Fox, Gaerne, SIdi) at any give time. Please email me at info.mxboots@gmail.com and Ill see if I have what you are looking for.

Thanks!
bd
9/18/2013 1:16pm
For online Moto shopping, I only shop at BTO Sports. Google 10% BTO Sports coupon for additional savings.

By the way, the new Sidi's rock!
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
9/18/2013 1:39pm
I bought Gaerne G-Reacts for $240 at Motorcycle Closeout.com. They are good boots but I don"t know how they compare to SG10 or Tech 8.
TeamGreen
9/18/2013 2:33pm
I've got a pair of SG12s with more miles on'em than any 3 pairs of boots that I've worn previously; and, they've still got A LOT of life left in'em.
JOHN CHOATE
9/18/2013 5:50pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I've got a pair of SG12s with more miles on'em than any 3 pairs of boots that I've worn previously; and, they've still got A LOT...
I've got a pair of SG12s with more miles on'em than any 3 pairs of boots that I've worn previously; and, they've still got A LOT of life left in'em.
loftyair
9/18/2013 7:10pm
My kid prefers non-booty over booty. He dislikes tech 8. Doesn't care for astar much anyway. SIdi, Gaerne, Jett all better imo.
Oh, and if Dunlop gave their tires away, I might even use them!
95s10nj
9/19/2013 7:45am
I'd give the Fox Instincts a serious look. I used the Gaerne SG12s the last few seasons and although they were a really well made boot, i didn't like the weight or how stiff they were. I had some trouble shifting and didn't have a great feel on the brake pedal. I was slightly skeptical when purchasing the Instincts because I wanted a boot that would hold up a few seasons but so glad I did. Felt comfortable from the the first practice but they got even better after a few rides. Really light boot, and flexes in the right spots to get a good feel on the shifter and brake. They are holding up just as good as the Gaerne so far.
Titan1
9/19/2013 9:44am
rikhek wrote:
I bought a pair of Gaerne SG-10 boots from Rocky Mountain MC this year. They had the best price by far. Even better if you have...
mtl wrote:
Sponsorship isn't really all about getting the best price. It's about representing and being associated with the products that you actually believe in. If Shit-Boot gave...
Sponsorship isn't really all about getting the best price. It's about representing and being associated with the products that you actually believe in.

If Shit-Boot gave you a great deal on shitty boots would you be trying to get sponsorship and represent them?
For me, sponsorship is all about saving money on the products I believe in.
Titan1
9/19/2013 9:45am
How about some opinions on guys that have ridden the tech 7s and the 8s...huge difference? Ive ridden in the 8s but my boy rides the...
I ride tech 7's right now...and I like them...they broke in quick, and are very comfortable...but the buckles SUCK! (Bad). I did hear they fixed the buckles this year though.
TeamGreen
9/19/2013 10:09am
95s10nj wrote:
I'd give the Fox Instincts a serious look. I used the Gaerne SG12s the last few seasons and although they were a really well made boot...
I'd give the Fox Instincts a serious look. I used the Gaerne SG12s the last few seasons and although they were a really well made boot, i didn't like the weight or how stiff they were. I had some trouble shifting and didn't have a great feel on the brake pedal. I was slightly skeptical when purchasing the Instincts because I wanted a boot that would hold up a few seasons but so glad I did. Felt comfortable from the the first practice but they got even better after a few rides. Really light boot, and flexes in the right spots to get a good feel on the shifter and brake. They are holding up just as good as the Gaerne so far.
I'm hearing the same from a few guys that're wearing'em A LOT from the track to long-hauls down in Baja...to Dual-Sport rides in the Mid-West.

On the other-side of Boot Buying...let's call it the Affordable Approach...

I have to give a another plug to Fox...but, let's be clear: we're talking about boots that're cheap to buy, work really well...but, ultimately...they ARE NOT GONNA LAST like these other boots...SG12, Instincts...etc.

The Fox Comp 5s are a helluva lot of Boot for $189.

I know, I know...that can't be. Those are Price-Point "Product". I don't really have a dog in this race. I really do give a shit about where things are made, what they cost & I like to see my fellow Moto-heads get their $ worth; however, I've worn'em & they are possibly THE "Bang for the Buck" Boot.
Disclaimer: pretty sure they're Made in China.

There's some "in-between" product out-there like Gaerne's React boots. Made in Italy, $329 retail.
Their GX1 Boots. Again, Hand Made in Italy...$199. You know what? I'm gonna try a pair; because, I'm curious and I really want to believe that Gaerne's cheaper boots are as comfy as all the other Italian boots...yet, they're $199!

If a rider does their homework: you can get a Helluva Lot of "Boot" for under $200. Just take the time to look at what you're buyin' & spend as much as you can on The Best Product you can afford.

Your feet, ankles...& even your Knees will thank you.
95s10nj
9/19/2013 10:31am
95s10nj wrote:
I'd give the Fox Instincts a serious look. I used the Gaerne SG12s the last few seasons and although they were a really well made boot...
TeamGreen wrote:
I'm hearing the same from a few guys that're wearing'em A LOT from the track to long-hauls down in Baja...to Dual-Sport rides in the Mid-West. On...
I'm hearing the same from a few guys that're wearing'em A LOT from the track to long-hauls down in Baja...to Dual-Sport rides in the Mid-West.

I have to give a another plug to Fox...but, let's be clear: we're talking about boots that're cheap to buy, work really well...but, ultimately...they ARE NOT GONNA LAST like these other boots...SG12, Instincts...etc.

I know, I know...that can't be. Those are Price-Point "Product". I don't really have a dog in this race. I really do give a shit about where things are made, what they cost & I like to see my fellow Moto-heads get their $ worth; however, I've worn'em & they are possibly THE "Bang for the Buck" Boot.

There's some "in-between" product out-there like Gaerne's React boots. Made in Italy, $329 retail.
Their GX1 Boots. Again, Hand Made in Italy...$199. You know what? I'm gonna try a pair; because, I'm curious and I really want to believe that Gaerne's cheaper boots are as comfy as all the other Italian boots...yet, they're $199!

If a rider does their homework: you can get a Helluva Lot of "Boot" for under $200. Just take the time to look at what you're buyin' & spend as much as you can on The Best Product you can afford.

I lucked out and found a pair on ebay where the guy purchased the wrong size and sold them to me for around 400 new in the box....
9/19/2013 12:14pm
I always watch eBay when my boots are nearing the end of their life. Its hit or miss, but I got a brand new pair of...
I always watch eBay when my boots are nearing the end of their life. Its hit or miss, but I got a brand new pair of tech 10's for 375 shipped the last time, way better than the 579 everyone was advertising. That being said I ride a Honda and have the Kawi colored tech 10's but I don't care, they were 200 cheaper than ordering them from a vendor.
I got a pair of gaerne reacts for 125 shipped about three years ago. Ebay is always the first place I look. Youre right though...real hit or miss.
9/19/2013 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 9/19/2013 12:24pm
Wow!! I really appreciate all the feedback!!

Ill try and respond all in one post here..

Im not a big fan of fox, thus dont want to buy their boots. I have heard the tech7 buckles suck but their boot is completely redesigned this year. Ive talked to few people that have rudden both the 7s and the 8s..some prefer 7s and some 8s. I had a pair of gaerne reacts and they were suuuuper comfortable. Ive also ridden the sg10 and like them too. The sg12 seems like it would be bulky and ackward. From what ive read and from friends opinions, ive decided in the tech 7s. Now to find the red white and yellow for the least amiunt as possible..

And thanks for the bto discount code..im ordering all my gear from there and saving almost a hundred bucks. I may order the boots too, unless I can find the cheaper elsewhere..normally it wouldnt matter as much and id rather support a company that supports the sport but...right now money is super tight.

Email sent in regards to the guys with the 20 pairs.

Thanks again for all of your feedback!!!

Oh and ive never trued the sidis or jett.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
9/19/2013 4:43pm
95s10nj wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
I'm hearing the same from a few guys that're wearing'em A LOT from the track to long-hauls down in Baja...to Dual-Sport rides in the Mid-West. On...

I tried on the comp 5s and if they were free I would not wear them. Just putting them on and walking around in them they flexed like crazy, my shoes felt safer.
Spooner
9/19/2013 6:12pm
yeah the new astar buckles on the tech 10 and 7's are a HUGE improvement.
yz414
9/19/2013 9:10pm Edited Date/Time 9/19/2013 9:10pm
Wow!! I really appreciate all the feedback!! Ill try and respond all in one post here.. Im not a big fan of fox, thus dont want...
Wow!! I really appreciate all the feedback!!

Ill try and respond all in one post here..

Im not a big fan of fox, thus dont want to buy their boots. I have heard the tech7 buckles suck but their boot is completely redesigned this year. Ive talked to few people that have rudden both the 7s and the 8s..some prefer 7s and some 8s. I had a pair of gaerne reacts and they were suuuuper comfortable. Ive also ridden the sg10 and like them too. The sg12 seems like it would be bulky and ackward. From what ive read and from friends opinions, ive decided in the tech 7s. Now to find the red white and yellow for the least amiunt as possible..

And thanks for the bto discount code..im ordering all my gear from there and saving almost a hundred bucks. I may order the boots too, unless I can find the cheaper elsewhere..normally it wouldnt matter as much and id rather support a company that supports the sport but...right now money is super tight.

Email sent in regards to the guys with the 20 pairs.

Thanks again for all of your feedback!!!

Oh and ive never trued the sidis or jett.
i have had both tech 7s and 8s and the 8s are worth the extra money

Post a reply to: best boot prices?

The Latest