|
mx836
1/23/2010 10:47pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:17pm
Baggett in! Barcia out!
DanDunes818
1/23/2010 11:15pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2010 11:15pm
joshy83 wrote:
who will be faster outdoors?
Is this a serious question? A better thread would be---Will anybody be faster than Barcia outdoors?
Crush
1/23/2010 11:33pm
Is this a serious question? A better thread would be---Will anybody be faster than Barcia outdoors?
Really?

At what race last year was Barcia the fastest rider!?!?!?!

He's gotta go through Weimer, Pourcel, Stroupe and Canard first to get anywhere near that title...

He is flashy sure, but I didn't see any absolute speed like when James was ripping around on the tiddlers...

The Shop

DanDunes818
1/23/2010 11:44pm
Crush wrote:
Really? At what race last year was Barcia the fastest rider!?!?!?! He's gotta go through Weimer, Pourcel, Stroupe and Canard first to get anywhere near that...
Really?

He's gotta go through Weimer, Pourcel, Stroupe and Canard first to get anywhere near that title...

He is flashy sure, but I didn't see any absolute speed like when James was ripping around on the tiddlers...
Well since you asked he was the fastest at Southwick when he beat RD straight up both motos. But as far as speed goes he had the fastest lap times at Glen Helen and Hangtown in motos and was running a pretty consistent 3rd behind RD and CP towards the end of the series.

He was faster then Wiemer at most tracks ,on pace with Canard ,just off the pace of CP and beat AS just about every moto they raced together.

Oh did I mention ?--- It was just his rookie year. --- No sx --- Jumped right into a full national series and led like 50 of the first 60 laps of his career.

No your right. Nothing special there,
Crush
1/24/2010 12:11am
50/60 Laps!?!?! ummmm... right... Well the motos were 17 laps at hangtown... you telling me the laps were shorter at Glen Helen?!?! maybe look at your maths...

He led some at Glen helen after holeshotting... which he should be able to do... At Hangtown in the first moto after setting the fastest lap he crashed and axed Stroupe...At which point Stroupes season was done, so of course he beat him...

He axed himself at Freestone first moto... Wasn't even in the top 20 in the 2nd moto

Canard was on pace with CP and RD at High Point then crashed out, Canard was in 3rd 2nd moto and got dropped... somewhere just inside the top 10 1st Moto and 5th in the 2nd

He got owned at his home race at the Dilla...

And his one good consistent and fast race of the year he went 1-3 on a completely un-typical southwick where loads of riders had inconsistent results...

Like I said, he's gotta go through last years Fastest rider, a guy who won 1/4th of the nationals and who is running away with the SX West, Trey - proven champ with the speed to run with anyone and Stroupe who under RD needs and will have his best season...

Good luck, he's gonna need it...
mccread
1/24/2010 6:20am
Roczen and Herlings are faster and younger
RuFfRyDaH
1/24/2010 6:43am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2010 6:44am
mccread wrote:
as much as i like to hear that...i dont know...you would have to see em race each other...at best one race in the usa and one in europe...so it would be kinda equal
suzrider982
1/24/2010 7:11am
Crush wrote:
50/60 Laps!?!?! ummmm... right... Well the motos were 17 laps at hangtown... you telling me the laps were shorter at Glen Helen?!?! maybe look at your...
50/60 Laps!?!?! ummmm... right... Well the motos were 17 laps at hangtown... you telling me the laps were shorter at Glen Helen?!?! maybe look at your maths...

He led some at Glen helen after holeshotting... which he should be able to do... At Hangtown in the first moto after setting the fastest lap he crashed and axed Stroupe...At which point Stroupes season was done, so of course he beat him...

He axed himself at Freestone first moto... Wasn't even in the top 20 in the 2nd moto

Canard was on pace with CP and RD at High Point then crashed out, Canard was in 3rd 2nd moto and got dropped... somewhere just inside the top 10 1st Moto and 5th in the 2nd

And his one good consistent and fast race of the year he went 1-3 on a completely un-typical southwick where loads of riders had inconsistent results...

Like I said, he's gotta go through last years Fastest rider, a guy who won 1/4th of the nationals and who is running away with the SX West, Trey - proven champ with the speed to run with anyone and Stroupe who under RD needs and will have his best season...

Well he didnt get owed at dilla . He had a huge get off in practice. Didnt think he was going to walk away. Got up finished practice and still raced.
RMZ819
1/24/2010 7:13am
Crush wrote:
Really? At what race last year was Barcia the fastest rider!?!?!?! He's gotta go through Weimer, Pourcel, Stroupe and Canard first to get anywhere near that...
Really?

Well since you asked he was the fastest at Southwick when he beat RD straight up both motos. But as far as speed goes he had...
Well since you asked he was the fastest at Southwick when he beat RD straight up both motos. But as far as speed goes he had the fastest lap times at Glen Helen and Hangtown in motos and was running a pretty consistent 3rd behind RD and CP towards the end of the series.

He was faster then Wiemer at most tracks ,on pace with Canard ,just off the pace of CP and beat AS just about every moto they raced together.

Oh did I mention ?--- It was just his rookie year. --- No sx --- Jumped right into a full national series and led like 50 of the first 60 laps of his career.

No your right. Nothing special there,
Pourcel and Dungey schooled Barcia last summer. Ratray,Searle,Weimer and Canard will all beat Barcia this summer.

DL
1/24/2010 9:31am
It's gonna be a great outdoor season.... as for the new guys, Baggett and Wilson both have game and will be in the mix. I also think they will be very competitive in SX. We'll see on Feb 20th.
Suzuki132
1/24/2010 9:48am
Dean Wilson is the rider to watch for,

but Barcia has Bagget covered outdoors
Crush
1/24/2010 7:34pm
Did Wilson beat up on Bagget in their last am-races???
flarider
1/24/2010 7:49pm
mccread wrote:
I have seen all 4, in person, and until you get all 4 together for a few races, I call bullshit

Friday
1/24/2010 8:21pm
Barcia,Barcia,Barcia.......that's my answer. No one will hang with him consistently outdoors.
AdamB
1/24/2010 8:28pm
BARCIA! Cant wait to see him this year. I think sx will help him smooth out a little bit for outdoors this year.
pilotdude
1/24/2010 8:41pm
mccread wrote:
flarider wrote:
I have seen all 4, in person, and until you get all 4 together for a few races, I call bullshit

I agree.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
1/24/2010 9:36pm
joshy83 wrote:
who will be faster outdoors?
not undermining Bagget or whatsoever but Barcia is the real deal. JB will be on it!
jeffro503
1/24/2010 9:41pm
mccread wrote:
flarider wrote:

X this quote about 100 times! Barcia is gonna be a madman this next year i believe. The kid is a friggin animal.
mxtryon231
1/24/2010 9:42pm
Barcia, Canard, Bagget, Wilson, Pourcel are all going to be hauling!
1/24/2010 9:50pm
Crush wrote:
50/60 Laps!?!?! ummmm... right... Well the motos were 17 laps at hangtown... you telling me the laps were shorter at Glen Helen?!?! maybe look at your...

The kid is like 16 or 17, it was his rookie year, cut him some slack.
ogdeno
1/24/2010 10:07pm
Barcia will be fast but this is Pourcel's year outdoors.
Crush
1/24/2010 10:35pm
Dude, i'm not raggin on him, and of course he is young...

But... People are saying how amazing he is... Yeah he throws the bike around, but I haven't seen absolute speed like we did with James or RC coming through...

If he does it, great, i'm a fan anyways... Just think people saying he is gonna kill some more proven riders is a bit much just now... especially on last years performances...

It isn't like CP, AS, JW or the rest of the pack has gotten slower!!!
IceMan446
1/24/2010 11:35pm
Crush wrote:
Dude, i'm not raggin on him, and of course he is young... But... People are saying how amazing he is... Yeah he throws the bike around...
Dude, i'm not raggin on him, and of course he is young...

But... People are saying how amazing he is... Yeah he throws the bike around, but I haven't seen absolute speed like we did with James or RC coming through...

If he does it, great, i'm a fan anyways... Just think people saying he is gonna kill some more proven riders is a bit much just now... especially on last years performances...

It isn't like CP, AS, JW or the rest of the pack has gotten slower!!!
Exactly, we all know the kid rips but to say he will wax everyone is a bit much. I think he will do better then last year but he showed he can be a little inconsistent and its a long series and you have the vets of the class to deal with.
mxwrench66
1/25/2010 12:03am
Deano Wilson won more amateur races than any other pro A rider. He practically won everything. Plus he is riding the "MAGIC BIKE" Oh yeah Barcia over baggett every time.
Huckster
1/25/2010 3:48am
mccread wrote:
you're pretty funny.
1/25/2010 4:15am
mccread wrote:
Barcia,
as far as Roczen , ill give some credit for racing LL b class at 14, winning a mxgp at 15,youngest ever? but hes racing mxgp.
and Herlings other than a european mini mx champ? dunno and same thing hes racing mxgp so we wont find out till mxdn .

Post a reply to: baggett or barcia?

The Latest