bad weekend at local event

jonboy688
https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/man-dies-accident-burke-county-motocr…

news is spinning it into something that it isnt, it is horrible that someone lost their life but it wasnt a safety concern or any law that could of prevented this one, it was a mistake on the motocross track that was a part of the hare-scramble...
|
bh
3/10/2020 8:50am
jonboy688 wrote:
https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/man-dies-accident-burke-county-motocross-event/AI6V5XQ455AI3N6XGNJZF4W5PI/ news is spinning it into something that it isnt, it is horrible that someone lost their life but it wasnt a safety concern or any...

news is spinning it into something that it isnt, it is horrible that someone lost their life but it wasnt a safety concern or any law that could of prevented this one, it was a mistake on the motocross track that was a part of the hare-scramble...
There is an argument to be made about safety. The stories I’ve been hearing about GTR complex in Columbia SC are absurd.
JustMX
3/10/2020 1:24pm
I think the picture on the wsoc website is the driveway going into the facility.
3/10/2020 1:42pm
At all the tracks here in the Midwest, organized practice days are split up by bike size and ability level, and I think that’s smart. If I showed up at a track that allowed 450s and 50s on the track at the same time, I wouldn’t be back.
burnside
3/10/2020 1:46pm
At all the tracks here in the Midwest, organized practice days are split up by bike size and ability level, and I think that’s smart. If...
At all the tracks here in the Midwest, organized practice days are split up by bike size and ability level, and I think that’s smart. If I showed up at a track that allowed 450s and 50s on the track at the same time, I wouldn’t be back.
Same in UK.

The Shop

jonboy688
3/10/2020 1:53pm
i wish the news outlets would research before they put together a story... they picked dirty city, which is closing down, and has no rules at all other then sign a waiver and buy a membership card, i have been there twice and both times there was no staff around, and kids and big bikes on the track at the same time... it was never crowed but for them to showcase that craphole and let him proclaim he has rules, and there should be laws is crazy and makes the sport look bad...

i hate that someone lost their life and no one ever wants to see or hear about that happening, but where and how it happened had nothing to do with laws or safety... my son and wife witnessed the crash and freaked them both out as they were waiting in line to get food while the crash happened... it was a long and sad day forsure!!! rip fellow two wheel lover!
jonboy688
3/10/2020 1:59pm
jonboy688 wrote:
https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/man-dies-accident-burke-county-motocross-event/AI6V5XQ455AI3N6XGNJZF4W5PI/ news is spinning it into something that it isnt, it is horrible that someone lost their life but it wasnt a safety concern or any...

bh wrote:
There is an argument to be made about safety. The stories I’ve been hearing about GTR complex in Columbia SC are absurd.
that is a huge place, a buddy and myself went there on new years, i know i have heard a few stories of someone getting ran over by the equipment and maybe someone hitting a piece of equipment? i dont recall a single flagger or staff member other then the people operating the equipment on the flat track
jonboy688
3/10/2020 1:59pm
JustMX wrote:
I think the picture on the wsoc website is the driveway going into the facility.
i agree it looked like the entrance to the track
swvaripper
3/10/2020 3:35pm
This happened at the first round of the NCHSA. This was not a practice event this was a sanctioned racing event. Everyone knows what they sign up for during a race. The victim was a B class rider it’s not like he was an inexperienced rider. People need to stop making it into something it’s not. Anyone that has ever ridden a dirt bike knows the risk involved. I’ve raced and rode this place as it’s been on this series schedule for a few years and the Mideast series a few years ago. Yes it’s tragic that this happened but this is a race and bad things can happen, it’s up to you to make the decision to jump or twist the throttle or make sure your machine is in working order. The only one responsible for your safety in mx is you. I hate that he died I hate it for his family and for the track promoter and the series but this kind of thing can happen at any time while riding. Rest In Peace #353
Racer142
3/10/2020 3:50pm
The only way that news story stops is if the family goes out and states it was a racing incident and that we all know the risk but that likely won't happen for a multitude of reasons (grieving, ins, law) and I understand that but until then they area going to run the sensational story.
3/10/2020 3:55pm
What so sensational about the story? The written article is pretty bland. The embedded video just focused on the lack of "motorcross laws."

What is so sensational about any of that?

Post a reply to: bad weekend at local event

The Latest