axell hodges kx450f

tdoggo
Edited Date/Time 6/24/2017 12:09pm
https://vimeo.com/193431811 axell's bike seems to be pretty stock. apart from a few aftermarket accessories and different exhaust it seems really standard. would have thought it would be modded to hell...
|
rmoto003
6/23/2017 1:26pm
something something 90% rider something something
tdoggo
6/23/2017 1:32pm
rmoto003 wrote:
so true
BobPA
6/23/2017 1:34pm
rmoto003 wrote:
Ha

Dudes a shredder, but does he even race Whistling
tdoggo
6/23/2017 1:50pm
rmoto003 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Ha

but his steeze though!

The Shop

6/23/2017 1:53pm
I mean he's not doing much that he would need a modded out bike for. Suspension is really all you need. 450s are already fast enough
bradmx421
6/23/2017 1:57pm
rmoto003 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Ha

I watched a youtube interview he put out with Twitch the other day that said that he thinks he might to a couple SX races in 2018
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
6/23/2017 2:37pm
bradmx421 wrote:
I watched a youtube interview he put out with Twitch the other day that said that he thinks he might to a couple SX races in...
I watched a youtube interview he put out with Twitch the other day that said that he thinks he might to a couple SX races in 2018
Is he eligible to race a Pro SX race?
motosurf
6/23/2017 3:28pm
bradmx421 wrote:
I watched a youtube interview he put out with Twitch the other day that said that he thinks he might to a couple SX races in...
imoto34 wrote:
I believe he has to get his ax points. Could be wrong though. Last time I saw him in a race he was on a Honda and got waxed
USMCMXer
6/23/2017 3:35pm
motosurf wrote:
I believe he has to get his ax points. Could be wrong though. Last time I saw him in a race he was on a Honda...
I believe he has to get his ax points. Could be wrong though. Last time I saw him in a race he was on a Honda and got waxed
"He got waxed"? Seems like a ridiculous comment without context. Everyone behind ET3 in moto 2 at High Point also got "waxed". What are you implying, he can't or shouldn't race?
6/23/2017 3:36pm
450's these days are powerful enough. I'd be willing to bet that something like 75% of the riders out there can't use a stock 450's power to its full potential. In fact, on most tracks around here i'm equally as fast (lap times wise) on a lower powered bike as i am on my 450. In my opinion, unless you are at the top level, there's really no need to spend thousands on 450 motor upgrades.

I'm a 30+ C/B rider, and the upgrades to my bike that have made the biggest impact are suspension (Racetech GV's and valving), straighter bars (opened up cockpit for my 6'1" self), and wider footpegs (sharper, more comfortable). I don't think i'd realize any benefit from spending thousands on motor upgrades and a shiny exhaust.
KDXGarage
6/23/2017 3:43pm
Thanks for posting that. Pretty nice video. He presented him self well.
matze
Fantasy
3101st
6/23/2017 3:49pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2017 3:51pm
hes definitely fun to watch..

KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
6/23/2017 5:57pm
bradmx421 wrote:
imoto34 wrote:
At one point he got his Road to Supercross points, but I don't know if they expire since he never raced a Supercross.
motosurf
6/23/2017 7:10pm
motosurf wrote:
I believe he has to get his ax points. Could be wrong though. Last time I saw him in a race he was on a Honda...
USMCMXer wrote:
"He got waxed"? Seems like a ridiculous comment without context. Everyone behind ET3 in moto 2 at High Point also got "waxed". What are you implying...
"He got waxed"? Seems like a ridiculous comment without context. Everyone behind ET3 in moto 2 at High Point also got "waxed". What are you implying, he can't or shouldn't race?
Seems like we got a doonies 3 fanboy. If you follow motocross at all you would know A Hodge got waxed when he was racing, B class? If tries to race supercross I wouldn't bet on him even making the night show.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
6/23/2017 7:44pm
motosurf wrote:
USMCMXer wrote:
"He got waxed"? Seems like a ridiculous comment without context. Everyone behind ET3 in moto 2 at High Point also got "waxed". What are you implying...
motosurf wrote:
Seems like we got a doonies 3 fanboy. If you follow motocross at all you would know A Hodge got waxed when he was racing, B...
Seems like we got a doonies 3 fanboy. If you follow motocross at all you would know A Hodge got waxed when he was racing, B class? If tries to race supercross I wouldn't bet on him even making the night show.
Totally got smoked in 450B in 2013.

In 2014 and 2015 he didn't do as well in A class, but he was coming off a broken wrist one year and a broken femur another year.

motosurf
6/23/2017 7:48pm
USMCMXer wrote:
motosurf wrote:
Seems like we got a doonies 3 fanboy. If you follow motocross at all you would know A Hodge got waxed when he was racing, B...
Totally got smoked in 450B in 2013. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/06/23/201567/s1200_IMG_3154.jpg[/img] In 2014 and 2015 he didn't do as well in A class, but he was coming off a...

In 2014 and 2015 he didn't do as well in A class, but he was coming off a broken wrist one year and a broken femur another year.

Can you honestly say you could see A Hodge do good in a supercross?
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
6/23/2017 8:11pm
motosurf wrote:
Totally got smoked in 450B in 2013. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/06/23/201567/s1200_IMG_3154.jpg[/img] In 2014 and 2015 he didn't do as well in A class, but he was coming off a...

motosurf wrote:
I could see him make the night show based in one fast lap. For Making the main would depend on how good his start is. I'm talking 250 class, 450 class I would not expect him to qualify for the main.

I'm a bit biased since I've watched him ride Supercross since the first day he ever rode a Supercross track. The talent is there to do it, the desire to push the limit to do it? That's up to him.
Rockinar
6/23/2017 8:13pm
tdoggo wrote:
https://vimeo.com/193431811 axell's bike seems to be pretty stock. apart from a few aftermarket accessories and different exhaust it seems really standard. would have thought it would...
https://vimeo.com/193431811 axell's bike seems to be pretty stock. apart from a few aftermarket accessories and different exhaust it seems really standard. would have thought it would be modded to hell...
What mods are needed to wear childrens clothes and do whips?
USMCMXer
6/23/2017 9:20pm
motosurf wrote:
Never seen any of the Doonies, but thanks for pointing out your solid knowledge on the topic. My point was you just stated he got waxed, with zero context. As for "B" riders, I can think of a few that would do fine in 250 SX. And yes, making the night show and a maybe a main is "doing fine" in my book. I'm sure you being the all-knowing MX follower would say that sucks though, am I close, bro?Whistling
Sully
6/23/2017 9:33pm
tdoggo wrote:
https://vimeo.com/193431811 axell's bike seems to be pretty stock. apart from a few aftermarket accessories and different exhaust it seems really standard. would have thought it would...
Rockinar wrote:
He's 19 and figured out how to make money riding his dirt bike. Why hate on the kid?
machine
6/23/2017 9:59pm
Sorry, but he just comes off to me as a,spoiled little rich milenial kid that had everything handed to him. Maybe its because of that tv commercial, i dont know.
Starcrossed
6/23/2017 10:06pm
I could see him make the night show based in one fast lap. For Making the main would depend on how good his start is. I'm...
I could see him make the night show based in one fast lap. For Making the main would depend on how good his start is. I'm talking 250 class, 450 class I would not expect him to qualify for the main.

I'm a bit biased since I've watched him ride Supercross since the first day he ever rode a Supercross track. The talent is there to do it, the desire to push the limit to do it? That's up to him.
Somebody who seemed knowledgeable about him (maybe you?) posted in the last AH thread that he's not quite fast enough on a Supercross track to make the nite show, but is capable of a top 40 fast lap. In order to make the nite show he would have to beat one of the 18 or 19 factory bikes, or out duel Chisholm, Ray, two Enticknaps, Schmidt, Clason, Catanzaro, Starling, and a few other LCQ regulars. Over the course of a season he might make a few night shows unless he's capable of mastering SX tracks in minimal time. I hope we see him racing in 2018.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
6/23/2017 10:17pm
Somebody who seemed knowledgeable about him (maybe you?) posted in the last AH thread that he's not quite fast enough on a Supercross track to make...
Somebody who seemed knowledgeable about him (maybe you?) posted in the last AH thread that he's not quite fast enough on a Supercross track to make the nite show, but is capable of a top 40 fast lap. In order to make the nite show he would have to beat one of the 18 or 19 factory bikes, or out duel Chisholm, Ray, two Enticknaps, Schmidt, Clason, Catanzaro, Starling, and a few other LCQ regulars. Over the course of a season he might make a few night shows unless he's capable of mastering SX tracks in minimal time. I hope we see him racing in 2018.
Not sure it was me. But In my opinion Axell making a night show is possible in 250 or 450. I could see him making 250 mains if he gets a start in a heat race.

I don't see making a 450 main at this point, there are too many guys that are experienced and have the expectations of making the main. With the 18-20 factory bikes at the start of the year, a 450 spot is extremely tough for the whole field. Not saying with a year or two of Supercross experience Axell couldn't make a 450 main, but don't think it would happen in 18.
6/24/2017 10:41am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2017 10:44am
motosurf wrote:

motosurf wrote:
Don't change the subject, you have no idea what you're talking about and it's pretty obvious that anybody who's even seen old gopro videos of axell racing the twmx series knows he's fast as hell.
Sideways
6/24/2017 11:54am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2017 12:09pm
machine wrote:
Sorry, but he just comes off to me as a,spoiled little rich milenial kid that had everything handed to him. Maybe its because of that tv...
Sorry, but he just comes off to me as a,spoiled little rich milenial kid that had everything handed to him. Maybe its because of that tv commercial, i dont know.
You cant get that bike control "handed" to you. I just love his riding style and love watching his vids on instagram. So what if he was born "rich" (have no idea if true and dont care)?

You come off to me like a bitter old man. Wink
block75
6/24/2017 1:01pm
tdoggo wrote:
Rockinar wrote:
Sully wrote:
He's 19 and figured out how to make money riding his dirt bike. Why hate on the kid?
He didn't figure it out his brother gave him a leg up through his vids and monster connection, yeah the kid has skills but I'll bet if you give 90% of the guys out there racing the nationals (besides the top earning pros) the money he makes to ride the hills etc you would find that most these kids can ride just as good if not better than axel in my opinion

Post a reply to: axell hodges kx450f

The Latest