axell hodges frontflip

8/15/2018 12:30pm
|
B DUB 333
8/15/2018 12:39pm
First off- no I can't flip, whip, or land on my wheels sometimes. I know this stuff takes tons of talent. But am I the only one kind of yawning? I like free ride vids better and find a guy nailing a triple perfectly more exciting. I'd rather watch the old vids from my vcr days for some reason. Didn't really dig the Indian jump from tp either. Besides the obvious, why isn't this exciting to me? I'd much rather watch a race . Maybe I'm still pissed about the hill flip going bad and taking yet another racer from us?
8/15/2018 12:42pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
First off- no I can't flip, whip, or land on my wheels sometimes. I know this stuff takes tons of talent. But am I the only...
First off- no I can't flip, whip, or land on my wheels sometimes. I know this stuff takes tons of talent. But am I the only one kind of yawning? I like free ride vids better and find a guy nailing a triple perfectly more exciting. I'd rather watch the old vids from my vcr days for some reason. Didn't really dig the Indian jump from tp either. Besides the obvious, why isn't this exciting to me? I'd much rather watch a race . Maybe I'm still pissed about the hill flip going bad and taking yet another racer from us?
I usually find myself yawning when i see his videos now days, its just the same old. But this really caught my eye. I had to rewatch it once to make sure i saw what i saw. I believe this has not been done yet? I feel what you are saying though.
jpfiester82
Fantasy
33rd
8/15/2018 1:04pm
I'm like a lot of others here who prefer the racing side way more than freestyle. This one was for sure different though. I was really impressed!!

The Shop

Solidkm
8/15/2018 1:05pm
Add me to the Racing side and not this. Yes he’s talented. Yes he has big balls. No I can’t do that. No I don’t like him
peelout
8/15/2018 1:06pm
that's cool and everything, but Hill's was a lot better with much more technical skill required. plus hill bangs hot chicks all day and has a social life.
B DUB 333
8/15/2018 1:11pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
First off- no I can't flip, whip, or land on my wheels sometimes. I know this stuff takes tons of talent. But am I the only...
rippinruts wrote:
I usually find myself yawning when i see his videos now days, its just the same old. But this really caught my eye. I had to...
I usually find myself yawning when i see his videos now days, its just the same old. But this really caught my eye. I had to rewatch it once to make sure i saw what i saw. I believe this has not been done yet? I feel what you are saying though.
I can't say I don't like it, but I'd rather see him try his hand at mx or sx. I don't know a lot about him, does he ever race?
8/15/2018 1:20pm
First off, Gotta give respect to Axell. He can ride a dirt bike like I've never seen! But, he still seems like a huge douche. and Josh Hill's Stoppie Frontflip was way better.
psg119
8/15/2018 1:42pm
Now I get why Axell was pissed at the Hill clan... because Hill's was WAY betterLaughing
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/15/2018 1:49pm
Does anyone really give a shit about this? Guys have been doing front flips off bigger ramps and longer distances for years now. Nothing new.
mwssquad827
8/15/2018 2:13pm
I thought RAHA and fosters videos were way cooler.. axells was the same shit on his Instagram/YouTube
8/15/2018 2:49pm
Sorry to bother you with his attitude and previous videos. I Just thought this one was cool. Also i didnt know Josh Hill had done this, where can i find a video of it?
8/15/2018 3:15pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
Back in the day it felt like a rider was playing a guessing game and doing something they couldn't practice for but just had the balls to try and see what's possible. Nowadays you know that when someone does something they didn't just get a wild hair up their ass and try it. There is preparation, practice, foam pits, re watching footage to understand what went wrong and how to fix it etc. Keeps guys around longer but dammit does it take away the sheer "hold your breath" factor I used to get. As soon as they roll away you think "I knew they were going to roll away from that. They wouldn't post the footage if they didn't."
kage173
8/15/2018 3:38pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Does anyone really give a shit about this? Guys have been doing front flips off bigger ramps and longer distances for years now. Nothing new.
X2
aeffertz
8/15/2018 3:55pm
Was that Butthead laughing in the background?
Todd's the coolest.

But was that honestly the TOP SECRET TRICK that whole controversy was about? Hill's was heaps better.
Graybeard
Fantasy
2478th
8/15/2018 3:57pm
rippinruts wrote:
Sorry to bother you with his attitude and previous videos. I Just thought this one was cool. Also i didnt know Josh Hill had done this...
Sorry to bother you with his attitude and previous videos. I Just thought this one was cool. Also i didnt know Josh Hill had done this, where can i find a video of it?
Ruts, thanks for posting it, I liked it, and I’m an old fart! Now get off my lawn!
gnarwhip
8/15/2018 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2018 4:16pm
The guy from Nitro Circus did the stoppie front flip a long time ago, then Axell did it and claimed it. Strange, but whatever floats your boat. I thought Raha's huge whips were awesome and Foster did some really cool stuff.
RedDirtDog
8/15/2018 4:25pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2018 4:27pm
gnarwhip wrote:
The guy from Nitro Circus did the stoppie front flip a long time ago, then Axell did it and claimed it. Strange, but whatever floats your...
The guy from Nitro Circus did the stoppie front flip a long time ago, then Axell did it and claimed it. Strange, but whatever floats your boat. I thought Raha's huge whips were awesome and Foster did some really cool stuff.
the guy on nitro circus was on a trial bike tho, kinda a big difference. also him and hill's frontflips were off elevated flat platforms, not an actual ramp like this, so i dont see how hill's was better lol
TXDirt
8/15/2018 5:10pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
Back in the day it felt like a rider was playing a guessing game and doing something they couldn't practice for but just had the balls...
Back in the day it felt like a rider was playing a guessing game and doing something they couldn't practice for but just had the balls to try and see what's possible. Nowadays you know that when someone does something they didn't just get a wild hair up their ass and try it. There is preparation, practice, foam pits, re watching footage to understand what went wrong and how to fix it etc. Keeps guys around longer but dammit does it take away the sheer "hold your breath" factor I used to get. As soon as they roll away you think "I knew they were going to roll away from that. They wouldn't post the footage if they didn't."
A lot of the stuff these cats are doing, make a mistake and you could be paralyzed or killed.

I don't enjoy watching guys get killed over a stupid trick.
navalseabee
8/15/2018 5:24pm
Not totally the same because trials bike, but Phil Smage did this a hot minute ago for the Nitro Circus Action Figures movie.
Felix71
8/15/2018 5:29pm
peelout wrote:
that's cool and everything, but Hill's was a lot better with much more technical skill required. plus hill bangs hot chicks all day and has a...
that's cool and everything, but Hill's was a lot better with much more technical skill required. plus hill bangs hot chicks all day and has a social life.
Obviously you haven’t seen Axell’s girlfriend.
RedDirtDog
8/15/2018 5:58pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2018 5:58pm
is there any footage of the original frontflip axel did and saved for xgames before hill did it? i still never saw that one
8/15/2018 6:20pm
That drop that Raha crashed on was huge.
dean122
8/15/2018 6:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2018 6:33pm
RedDirtDog wrote:
is there any footage of the original frontflip axel did and saved for xgames before hill did it? i still never saw that one
That was actually it. This trick was his "banger" for Real Moto 2018 X-Games. I'm not a huge Axell fan either, but his part and the editing was really good. To get the full effect of this trick and why he did it, check out his part below. For those saying "why doesn't he race bro"? Well, he did race actually and freeriding turned out to be more lucrative for him. Like him or not, he has incredible bike skill and I'm certain he's paid more to freeride and make video parts than anyone out of the top 5 in the series.

http://xgames.espn.com/xgames/video/24310509

Yeah, I suck at embedding, won't work for some reason.
MR. X
8/15/2018 6:56pm
It's such an embarrassment to our prestigious sport.
8/15/2018 7:22pm
SOMEONE PLEASE LINK JOSH HILL'S ATTEMPT AT THIS STOPPIE FRONT FLIP aka "AXHOLE"

That is all. TIA
8/15/2018 7:22pm
dean122 wrote:
That was actually it. This trick was his "banger" for Real Moto 2018 X-Games. I'm not a huge Axell fan either, but his part and the...
That was actually it. This trick was his "banger" for Real Moto 2018 X-Games. I'm not a huge Axell fan either, but his part and the editing was really good. To get the full effect of this trick and why he did it, check out his part below. For those saying "why doesn't he race bro"? Well, he did race actually and freeriding turned out to be more lucrative for him. Like him or not, he has incredible bike skill and I'm certain he's paid more to freeride and make video parts than anyone out of the top 5 in the series.

http://xgames.espn.com/xgames/video/24310509

Yeah, I suck at embedding, won't work for some reason.
That was fuckin awesome.

Axell has mad skills, don't really get the hate.

Post a reply to: axell hodges frontflip

The Latest