bowl
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/watch/1090825795540
probably need to get free acc, also on stan sports
|
GD350
Fantasy
1525th
3/26/2022 10:05pm
Sbs isn't available in the US. The Livestream on their website and that YouTube channel are streaming everything BUT mx1 and the only class anyone wants to watch. Really dumb this year
mattdavison
Fantasy
4058th
3/28/2022 2:37am
One of the worst things I have ever watched. I had huge hopes for the series this year and the broadcast and couldn't wait to sit down Sunday and watch it.

I then couldn't wait to turn it off, We had Lee Hogan not even knowing if it was a sighting lap or the start of Moto1 of the 450's even with the 15 and 5 second boards being shown, random shots of pure nothing but an empty track, Hogan again not even knowing who was winning moto 2 on the MX3 class even though he had won moto 1 AND used to ride for him (which he repeated over 20 times during the day), no Moto1 of the MX2 class or MX3 class's, the track looked like a paddock that you used to do skids in back in the day after a bender Sat night, over watered areas and dust in others, little footage of Webster coming through the pack at 3 secs a lap quicker a, I've heard the live stream was going down as well, replays that stopped, then started, then dropped out and then started again minutes later.

All in all I thought it was a disgraceful telecast.
mbw479
3/28/2022 3:17am
One of the worst things I have ever watched. I had huge hopes for the series this year and the broadcast and couldn't wait to sit...
One of the worst things I have ever watched. I had huge hopes for the series this year and the broadcast and couldn't wait to sit down Sunday and watch it.

I then couldn't wait to turn it off, We had Lee Hogan not even knowing if it was a sighting lap or the start of Moto1 of the 450's even with the 15 and 5 second boards being shown, random shots of pure nothing but an empty track, Hogan again not even knowing who was winning moto 2 on the MX3 class even though he had won moto 1 AND used to ride for him (which he repeated over 20 times during the day), no Moto1 of the MX2 class or MX3 class's, the track looked like a paddock that you used to do skids in back in the day after a bender Sat night, over watered areas and dust in others, little footage of Webster coming through the pack at 3 secs a lap quicker a, I've heard the live stream was going down as well, replays that stopped, then started, then dropped out and then started again minutes later.

The track for next round is 👌

The Shop

fanger
3/28/2022 4:21am
One of the worst things I have ever watched. I had huge hopes for the series this year and the broadcast and couldn't wait to sit...

Yeah watching clout do laps while hearing them talk about Webster was frustrating as fuck. They'll dial it in though.
3/28/2022 4:32am
The fact that Australian motocross is getting any sort of TV time is a big deal for the sport here. I agree the commentary was shit and the footage pretty average at times, hopefully that gets corrected going forward for both the true fans and also any potential new fans out there. I know we missed some motos but getting both MX1 motos live in the telecast was a nice feature and well scheduled. As a comparison the Australian Superbikes only show race 2 live and race 1 delayed and again only get one race of the support categories. The commentary is more professional and the footage better so hopefully MA can take some learnings from that. Bring on Round 2
bowl
3/28/2022 5:17am
Not showing the passes Webster made in motor 1 was a outrage.
I watched the livestream n there where no issues with lag or periods with no sound ..

CPR
3/28/2022 5:20am
I hope Webster has got all his crashes out of the way now, that had to be frustrating.
Juck
Fantasy
309th
3/28/2022 5:45am Edited Date/Time 3/28/2022 7:41am
I watched it last year so not sure what I was expecting as it's pretty much the same but the broadcast was utter shit. I really hate being mean but the commentators made so many stupid mistakes such as getting riders names mixed up, missing crashes and riders dropping back, not knowing who crashed even though the rider is right there on screen right in front of them, I won't knock them for not knowing some of the riders names because the camera work was atrocious with randomly following lappers around instead of the race going on and cutting away from the race constantly.

Aside from all the mistakes the commentators made they're also just bad at commentating, they're so monotone and they sound so boring. Seriously the rapture could start happening on the track and they probably wouldn't raise their voices. I hate to say it because from what I know they're both good blokes but the commentary was terrible.

I also don't know why the replay is set up the way it is but the way you need to watch it is to first watch the first Youtube livestream replay which contains part of the MX1 superpole thing, then MXW, MX2 and MX3 race 1, then go onto SBS and watch that replay which contains MX1 race 1 and MX3, MX2 and MX1 race 2 and then go back to the second livestream on Youtube which contains MXW race 2. Make sure to not watch the first Youtube livestream and then the second straight after like I did though because the second Youtube livestream contains the MX1 podium at the very start of it🤦‍♂️

It honestly feels insulting to the riders to have such a shit goofy broadcast compared to other series but at least there is any coverage at all unlike the supercross season. Australian mx is a joke.

I will say that I think it's absolutely awesome that it's on SBS and that is huge, but that doesn't discount the fact that there are serious problems with the quality of the broadcast.

I remember before this whole rebranding when it was called MX Nationals and you had to watch it on a Facebook livestream I think the broadcast was actually better. The commentary was the same but if memory serves correct I think the camera work was much, much better. Could be wrong there as I didn't watch that many and it was a few years ago but I wanted to mention it.

Also Kate Peck asks really stupid questions and makes so many assumptions about riders. I would be pissed if I was a mechanic and a reporter on the broadcast put words into my mouth about my rider being nervous, but then again I'm probably the only one who cares because of how much of a joke the professional mx scene in Australia is. It really kills me to say all that but ffs come on.

Edit: and this is just my grievances with the broadcast. Didn't even mention my grievances with the series as a whole in general outside of the broadcast.
3/28/2022 6:21am
I’m from Aus and have no interest in watching Aus MX at all. I haven’t missed an AMA race for 20 years though…
Not too sure what to make of this, it’s kinda sad that I’m probably not the only one.
mattdavison
Fantasy
4058th
3/28/2022 3:34pm
The fact that Australian motocross is getting any sort of TV time is a big deal for the sport here. I agree the commentary was shit...
The fact that Australian motocross is getting any sort of TV time is a big deal for the sport here. I agree the commentary was shit and the footage pretty average at times, hopefully that gets corrected going forward for both the true fans and also any potential new fans out there. I know we missed some motos but getting both MX1 motos live in the telecast was a nice feature and well scheduled. As a comparison the Australian Superbikes only show race 2 live and race 1 delayed and again only get one race of the support categories. The commentary is more professional and the footage better so hopefully MA can take some learnings from that. Bring on Round 2
totally agree there mate, I do love we get to at least watch it and am greatfull for that, I was just hoping that it would be a smooth event with a great coverage considering its not their first time doing this type of thing.

Hopefully round two is improved.

Matt
mattdavison
Fantasy
4058th
3/28/2022 3:36pm
bowl wrote:
Not showing the passes Webster made in motor 1 was a outrage. I watched the livestream n there where no issues with lag or periods with...
Not showing the passes Webster made in motor 1 was a outrage.
I watched the livestream n there where no issues with lag or periods with no sound ..

Hi Mate

I seen a comment on IG that someone made about the live stream and the MX nationals page actually commented back and agreed!!!
mattdavison
Fantasy
4058th
3/28/2022 3:42pm
Juck wrote:
I watched it last year so not sure what I was expecting as it's pretty much the same but the broadcast was utter shit. I really...
I watched it last year so not sure what I was expecting as it's pretty much the same but the broadcast was utter shit. I really hate being mean but the commentators made so many stupid mistakes such as getting riders names mixed up, missing crashes and riders dropping back, not knowing who crashed even though the rider is right there on screen right in front of them, I won't knock them for not knowing some of the riders names because the camera work was atrocious with randomly following lappers around instead of the race going on and cutting away from the race constantly.

Aside from all the mistakes the commentators made they're also just bad at commentating, they're so monotone and they sound so boring. Seriously the rapture could start happening on the track and they probably wouldn't raise their voices. I hate to say it because from what I know they're both good blokes but the commentary was terrible.

I also don't know why the replay is set up the way it is but the way you need to watch it is to first watch the first Youtube livestream replay which contains part of the MX1 superpole thing, then MXW, MX2 and MX3 race 1, then go onto SBS and watch that replay which contains MX1 race 1 and MX3, MX2 and MX1 race 2 and then go back to the second livestream on Youtube which contains MXW race 2. Make sure to not watch the first Youtube livestream and then the second straight after like I did though because the second Youtube livestream contains the MX1 podium at the very start of it🤦‍♂️

It honestly feels insulting to the riders to have such a shit goofy broadcast compared to other series but at least there is any coverage at all unlike the supercross season. Australian mx is a joke.

I will say that I think it's absolutely awesome that it's on SBS and that is huge, but that doesn't discount the fact that there are serious problems with the quality of the broadcast.

I remember before this whole rebranding when it was called MX Nationals and you had to watch it on a Facebook livestream I think the broadcast was actually better. The commentary was the same but if memory serves correct I think the camera work was much, much better. Could be wrong there as I didn't watch that many and it was a few years ago but I wanted to mention it.

Also Kate Peck asks really stupid questions and makes so many assumptions about riders. I would be pissed if I was a mechanic and a reporter on the broadcast put words into my mouth about my rider being nervous, but then again I'm probably the only one who cares because of how much of a joke the professional mx scene in Australia is. It really kills me to say all that but ffs come on.

Edit: and this is just my grievances with the broadcast. Didn't even mention my grievances with the series as a whole in general outside of the broadcast.
I cant agree more mate, I actually forgot about the MXW races.
Its time for a change with the commentary but Ham and Hogan seem to be media darlings, yes they had great careers but that doesn't make them great speakers, commentators or tellers of a story.

I'm actually quite curious of where they were watching it from considering what they missed, what they were saying and just general comments along the way and wasn't sure if they were in a tower, media truck or what.

Also don't get me started on the series as a whole as well, I'm from WA and we don't even get to see them......again.
mattdavison
Fantasy
4058th
3/28/2022 3:44pm

fanger wrote:
Yeah watching clout do laps while hearing them talk about Webster was frustrating as fuck. They'll dial it in though.
I hope so mate, hopefully Webster gets his crash's dialled in as well as bloody hell, he was fast!

Matt
GD350
Fantasy
1525th
3/28/2022 6:04pm Edited Date/Time 3/28/2022 6:09pm
I found a way to watch it on SBS from the US, I thought it was fine lol I watched last year and enjoyed the coverage aswell. I follow Joel Evans on youtube so hes my horse in the race
Juck
Fantasy
309th
3/29/2022 12:06am
Juck wrote:
I watched it last year so not sure what I was expecting as it's pretty much the same but the broadcast was utter shit. I really...

I cant agree more mate, I actually forgot about the MXW races. Its time for a change with the commentary but Ham and Hogan seem to...
Its time for a change with the commentary but Ham and Hogan seem to be media darlings, yes they had great careers but that doesn't make them great speakers, commentators or tellers of a story.

I'm actually quite curious of where they were watching it from considering what they missed, what they were saying and just general comments along the way and wasn't sure if they were in a tower, media truck or what.

Also don't get me started on the series as a whole as well, I'm from WA and we don't even get to see them......again.
Yep I wonder where they sit too. I might have seen them in some sort of a shed with monitors showing the race feed before but I could be confusing it with something else. And as much as I really don't like criticising DH and LH, they're really just not good commentators. I feel like most of us on this board could do a much better job but their commentary is also made worse by the awful camera work.

I completely glossed over the camera missing all the action in the races in my original post too, but that's a huge problem and it's not at all up to par. Makes me wonder what everyone is doing, everyone involved acts like a bunch of 10 year olds that were forced to do a group project that they really didn't want to do. There was even a shot of a flagger sitting down and playing his phone instead of doing his job.

The camera work reminded me of round one 2019 when it was a mudder at Appin and they missed Jy Roberts win MX2 and they thought Jay Wilson won, until the camera cut to Roberts celebrating and being interviewed while Wilson was still on the track.
Juck
Fantasy
309th
3/29/2022 12:09am
Hopefully the women's racing will be better at the other rounds, I know they mentioned that McCutcheon was riding injured but Cannon absolutely decimated the field RC style, and there was only 5 riders that finished on the lead lap in the second race.
Sandusky26
3/29/2022 2:04am
GD350 wrote:
I found a way to watch it on SBS from the US, I thought it was fine lol I watched last year and enjoyed the coverage...
I found a way to watch it on SBS from the US, I thought it was fine lol I watched last year and enjoyed the coverage aswell. I follow Joel Evans on youtube so hes my horse in the race
Same here.
bowl
3/29/2022 2:11am
Juck wrote:

I cant agree more mate, I actually forgot about the MXW races. Its time for a change with the commentary but Ham and Hogan seem to...

Juck wrote:
Yep I wonder where they sit too. I might have seen them in some sort of a shed with monitors showing the race feed before but...
Yep I wonder where they sit too. I might have seen them in some sort of a shed with monitors showing the race feed before but I could be confusing it with something else. And as much as I really don't like criticising DH and LH, they're really just not good commentators. I feel like most of us on this board could do a much better job but their commentary is also made worse by the awful camera work.

I completely glossed over the camera missing all the action in the races in my original post too, but that's a huge problem and it's not at all up to par. Makes me wonder what everyone is doing, everyone involved acts like a bunch of 10 year olds that were forced to do a group project that they really didn't want to do. There was even a shot of a flagger sitting down and playing his phone instead of doing his job.

The camera work reminded me of round one 2019 when it was a mudder at Appin and they missed Jy Roberts win MX2 and they thought Jay Wilson won, until the camera cut to Roberts celebrating and being interviewed while Wilson was still on the track.
Main issue was camera director not keeping up with the action.
Lol joking if think most on here could do a better commentators job... not as easy as it looks.

3/29/2022 2:22am
Curious what people thought of the track?

Extremely challenging it seemed. All riders seemed constantly on the cusp of lawn darting. Many moments.
js451
3/29/2022 2:32am
Kinda looked like Coolum dirt that formed up a little harder
chump6784
3/29/2022 2:37am
I follow pro mx on facebook and they put up a telecast schedule which was pretty easy to follow. Morning racing was on the livestream, switch to sbs for moto 2's and then back to the livestream for the remainder. The live stream had issues initially as i went shooting in the morning and had a screen recorder running on my computer to catch the racing and the first bit was dropping in and out.

As for the girls racing, I think even a healthy McCutcheon won't keep with Cannon but will be interesting to see.

As far as the commentating goes, someone needs to tell Lee Hogan that less is more, the dude never stops talking. I know that's his job but he just never stops. As for Kate Peck, both my wife and I thought she was better than when she did v8 supercars but yeah, she says some dumb shit.

I watched the whole thing. Maybe not as polished as the US stuff but not too bad for the first round of the series. Also, how many complaints are there every week about the US SX broadcast missing the racing, it's not just the Aussie camera work that misses it.

All in all I thought it was pretty good, looking forward to the next round
fanger
3/29/2022 3:50pm
They really shit the bed dropping the 125 class though. Wonder if it has anything to do with Honda being a series sponsor?
mattdavison
Fantasy
4058th
3/29/2022 4:15pm

Extremely challenging it seemed. All riders seemed constantly on the cusp of lawn darting. Many moments.
mate, that track was hectic, i couldn't tell if it was hard pack,sand, soft, loamy but I know it was rutty as F*CK!
hard to get a flow going but i guess that's motocross, i just hate to see a track with barely a few banners around it like that, random tyres strewn around, watered to the shithouse in some spots but im comparing it to tracks in the states with big crowds, signage everywhere and looks so professional!
SydAus
3/29/2022 6:32pm

mate, that track was hectic, i couldn't tell if it was hard pack,sand, soft, loamy but I know it was rutty as F*CK! hard to get...
mate, that track was hectic, i couldn't tell if it was hard pack,sand, soft, loamy but I know it was rutty as F*CK!
hard to get a flow going but i guess that's motocross, i just hate to see a track with barely a few banners around it like that, random tyres strewn around, watered to the shithouse in some spots but im comparing it to tracks in the states with big crowds, signage everywhere and looks so professional!
Not sure what the tv coverage was like as I was there and the setup with signage was super impressive. Track went off really fast just before MX1 and was treacherous to say the least. Overall Webster was only beaten by Webster which was really uncharacteristic and absolutely nobody would have got near him otherwise. Can’t wait to see how he goes in Mackay because he won’t do that again I’m sure he is the fastest dude in Australia on all surfaces
3/29/2022 6:59pm

mate, that track was hectic, i couldn't tell if it was hard pack,sand, soft, loamy but I know it was rutty as F*CK! hard to get...
Never seen a track get like that. Im sure no one was having fun.
mattdavison
Fantasy
4058th
3/29/2022 7:00pm

SydAus wrote:
Not sure what the tv coverage was like as I was there and the setup with signage was super impressive. Track went off really fast just...
Not sure what the tv coverage was like as I was there and the setup with signage was super impressive. Track went off really fast just before MX1 and was treacherous to say the least. Overall Webster was only beaten by Webster which was really uncharacteristic and absolutely nobody would have got near him otherwise. Can’t wait to see how he goes in Mackay because he won’t do that again I’m sure he is the fastest dude in Australia on all surfaces
Glad you got to get to it mate and you're right, surprising day with Websters going down twice, Ferris a lowly 13th or so, MX3 champ Fox struggling, Melross off the pace and just the numbers really, even though MX3 had 70 entries!!

Looking forward to Mackay and hopefully a little better coverage, even though its better than nothing i guess.
3/29/2022 7:01pm
SydAus wrote:
Not sure what the tv coverage was like as I was there and the setup with signage was super impressive. Track went off really fast just...
Glad you got to get to it mate and you're right, surprising day with Websters going down twice, Ferris a lowly 13th or so, MX3 champ...
Glad you got to get to it mate and you're right, surprising day with Websters going down twice, Ferris a lowly 13th or so, MX3 champ Fox struggling, Melross off the pace and just the numbers really, even though MX3 had 70 entries!!

Looking forward to Mackay and hopefully a little better coverage, even though its better than nothing i guess.
And looking forward to a race track that allows great even racing

Post a reply to: aus mx live

The Latest