assuming Kenny has signed?

hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
Edited Date/Time 5/10/2014 7:10am
All this leaving KTM talk is irritating. I am a life long KTM guy and really dig Kenny and I think he and the team could really grow together becoming the next dominant force for the years to come.

I hope the rumors aren't true and Roger locks him in for the next 5 or so years.

However, if Kenny has indeed signed with RCH or wherever, what do you think the dynamic in the KTM truck is? Surely it was already tense with Kenny training with RV and now with rumor of him signing (or at least looking) elsewhere it probably isn't getting any better. I'm sure Decoster is the utmost professional but there has got to be a little bit of "f that guy" atmosphere going on with the team if the rumors are true. I'm sure when Kenny left CA and went to Florida, Decoster was probably worried about him testing waters and pal-ing around with "the enemy", and was probably afraid something like this would happen.
|
3/22/2014 2:04pm
My question is if Kenny has signed with RCH then who takes the other 450 spot for KTM? Will Marvin move up to partner with Dunge or will they get someone else. I know KTM has more money than most to sign someone. Curious what will happen.
WeiserGuy
3/22/2014 2:15pm
DeCoster is a professional and knows it's a business. Kenny still works for KTM and his job is to win. He's employed through this year so therefore nothing has changed.

#94 will not be on a KTM next year but it changes nothing.
Pond Scum
3/22/2014 2:34pm
Assuming ? He can't get one to finish a race
BobPA
3/22/2014 3:52pm
WeiserGuy wrote:
DeCoster is a professional and knows it's a business. Kenny still works for KTM and his job is to win. He's employed through this year so...
DeCoster is a professional and knows it's a business. Kenny still works for KTM and his job is to win. He's employed through this year so therefore nothing has changed.

How do you know?

The Shop

Socket946
3/22/2014 5:25pm
hartebreak wrote:
All this leaving KTM talk is irritating. I am a life long KTM guy and really dig Kenny and I think he and the team could...
All this leaving KTM talk is irritating. I am a life long KTM guy and really dig Kenny and I think he and the team could really grow together becoming the next dominant force for the years to come.

I hope the rumors aren't true and Roger locks him in for the next 5 or so years.

However, if Kenny has indeed signed with RCH or wherever, what do you think the dynamic in the KTM truck is? Surely it was already tense with Kenny training with RV and now with rumor of him signing (or at least looking) elsewhere it probably isn't getting any better. I'm sure Decoster is the utmost professional but there has got to be a little bit of "f that guy" atmosphere going on with the team if the rumors are true. I'm sure when Kenny left CA and went to Florida, Decoster was probably worried about him testing waters and pal-ing around with "the enemy", and was probably afraid something like this would happen.
the bottom line here, I checked.

He does NOT post on KTM talk, so leaving it is completely not true.

RedDirtDog
3/22/2014 5:41pm
Socket946 wrote:
the bottom line here, I checked. He does [b]NOT[/b] post on KTM talk, so leaving it is completely not true. [img]http://www.performancesupercycle.net/images/KTMTalkLogo.jpg[/img]
the bottom line here, I checked.

He does NOT post on KTM talk, so leaving it is completely not true.

I was thinking the same lol ktmtalk is a cool forum been there for 12 years, dam that makes me feel old.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
3/22/2014 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2014 8:40pm
KTM
I really like Cole, I think he is a great rider and he comes across as a good person. He really struggles outdoors though, so I think there are probably better choices out there.
3/22/2014 8:33pm
I would assume that they're going after Dean Wilson, considering that they tried to get him to race 450's this year. Haven't heard too much though.
Mickolobe7
3/22/2014 8:59pm
Ken needs to get on a bike that he likes an a good team
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
3/22/2014 9:06pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2014 9:28pm
I'm wondering how much playing 2nd fiddle to Dungey plays into him looking elsewhere. A rider of Kenny's talent wants to be "the guy" on any team he rides for.
BobPA
3/22/2014 9:08pm
Mickolobe7 wrote:
Yeah, he is riding terrible this year
Mouse153
3/23/2014 7:16am
hartebreak wrote:
All this leaving KTM talk is irritating. I am a life long KTM guy and really dig Kenny and I think he and the team could...

Dude I would take the vital "rumors" with a grain of salt.
JB 19
3/23/2014 7:26am
I know they say KTM prints it's own money, but maybe Dungey's contract is the reason for Roczen leaving. Maybe paying two guys top money is just too much.
Socket946
3/23/2014 7:58am
JB 19 wrote:
I know they say KTM prints it's own money, but maybe Dungey's contract is the reason for Roczen leaving. Maybe paying two guys top money is...
I know they say KTM prints it's own money, but maybe Dungey's contract is the reason for Roczen leaving. Maybe paying two guys top money is just too much.
Pure speculation on my part, and yours for that matter.

Redbull money is bottomless right now. They have a fucking F1 team! They put a guy in space....
Mx286
3/23/2014 8:43am
Heard from a pretty good source Ken will be on Yellow...
navyfc117
3/23/2014 8:57am
It may come with only one top step of the podium but Dungey will finish ahead of him this year . I hope they pull Jason Anderson somehow
BAMX
3/23/2014 8:58am
When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me. ASS U ME
BAMX
3/23/2014 9:00am
JB 19 wrote:
I know they say KTM prints it's own money, but maybe Dungey's contract is the reason for Roczen leaving. Maybe paying two guys top money is...
Socket946 wrote:
Pure speculation on my part, and yours for that matter. Redbull money is bottomless right now. They have a fucking F1 team! They put a guy...
Pure speculation on my part, and yours for that matter.

Redbull money is bottomless right now. They have a fucking F1 team! They put a guy in space....
They have 2 F1 teams.
3/24/2014 6:43am
Kenny will be on the RCH/Yoshimura/RedBull/Suzuki along side JS7, done deal. Barcia has inked a deal with JGR next year also. KTM offered Kroc alot but got turned down. Dungey had a two year contract.
MotoX85
3/24/2014 6:49am
Kenny will be on the RCH/Yoshimura/RedBull/Suzuki along side JS7, done deal. Barcia has inked a deal with JGR next year also. KTM offered Kroc alot but...
Kenny will be on the RCH/Yoshimura/RedBull/Suzuki along side JS7, done deal. Barcia has inked a deal with JGR next year also. KTM offered Kroc alot but got turned down. Dungey had a two year contract.
I like where you are going but that can't happen.

KTM has first right to refusal and if they pay the same or more than another team Roczen has to stay at KTM, by contract.

However, I do not see them forcing him to stay if he wants to leave either. I would like to see him on a Yamaha but I think Suzuki is where he will probably go. I think there is a 1% chance he stays on pumpkins.
MotoX85
3/24/2014 6:51am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2014 6:51am
Here is another scenario:

2nd rider to RV2 for 2015 after they let JW12 go and then main guy for 2016 when RV retires/goes to GPs and beyond. After all he is training with Team Green at Villipoto's house.
hillbilly
3/24/2014 6:54am
You'd think ktm would be cool with KR training with RV,because they know what he is doing all week,new tech on bike and such.
IWreckALot
3/24/2014 7:14am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2014 7:26am
WeiserGuy wrote:
DeCoster is a professional and knows it's a business. Kenny still works for KTM and his job is to win. He's employed through this year so...

I gotta agree with this. I'm not in the know but if a guy wants to leave and is leaving on good terms and continue to put forth his best effort, Decoster isn't going to get the "F this guy" attitude.

I'd like to see Dungey on RCH after his contract expires also just to see if he can find his old rhythm.

As for KR wanting to be first fiddle, he needs to beat the guy that is beating him under the same tent. . . KR has shown he has the pace but Dungey thus far has beat KRoc for the season.
3/24/2014 7:22am
It's a done deal with Kenny (RCH/RedBull/Yoshimura/Suzuki), I know from very reliable source. Also Barcia signed at Detroit SX with JGR.
BobPA
3/24/2014 7:27am
It's a done deal with Kenny (RCH/RedBull/Yoshimura/Suzuki), I know from very reliable source. Also Barcia signed at Detroit SX with JGR.
Prove it
etccb
3/24/2014 7:34am
Kawi does look like a good home for him with a long future with the rv ac ties. When rv retires ac steps in with kenny. Maybe when he looks in the mirror he sees a zuk guy and is getting back to where he wants to be.
tzmike
3/24/2014 7:36am
One surprise, or should I say Improved is WP40. He has been a PITBULL this year and I'm sure he's opened alot of eyes. He has turned into a solid top 5 guy. I'd love to hear the low down on who's been talking to him as I'm sure teams have been sniffing around his pits...
Hanaa80
3/24/2014 7:37am
Mickolobe7 wrote:
So why the hell is he going to RCH?

Post a reply to: assuming Kenny has signed?

The Latest