anyone own the answer ar5 helmet

moto988
7/26/2018 5:58pm
so just had a big crash last night and pretty sure my new shoei is done for the foam inside looks like it compressed and is all wrinkled looking now where I hit my head over jumped a jump landed front wheel into a decent sized berm and went end over end. I can get the answer ar5 helmet at a really good deal but is it going to be any where near what my shoei was in quality? is the mips that much safer? how's the comfort and weight and liner feel on the answer ar5 I cant find 1 review on this new helmet from answer and was hoping to get some input on anyone running it?
|
moto988
7/26/2018 6:00pm
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/26/2018 6:03pm
How much can you get it for? Might be other options in that price range that are better.
moto988
7/26/2018 9:35pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
How much can you get it for? Might be other options in that price range that are better.
I am sponsored by answer I get all my gear from them now and can get it for a really good deal that's why I was wondering if anyone else owns one that could tell me how they like it! I might just have to make the drive down to rocky mountain if I can find the time to just check it out. I just dont want to get it without getting some input on it especially coming from a shoei which I loved! I love the new answer trinity line though that stuff is ??? patiently waiting til august 1st til the 2019 stuff drops!
Porch32
7/27/2018 7:17am
moto988 wrote:
so just had a big crash last night and pretty sure my new shoei is done for the foam inside looks like it compressed and is...
so just had a big crash last night and pretty sure my new shoei is done for the foam inside looks like it compressed and is all wrinkled looking now where I hit my head over jumped a jump landed front wheel into a decent sized berm and went end over end. I can get the answer ar5 helmet at a really good deal but is it going to be any where near what my shoei was in quality? is the mips that much safer? how's the comfort and weight and liner feel on the answer ar5 I cant find 1 review on this new helmet from answer and was hoping to get some input on anyone running it?
Honestly I wouldn't base my helmet decision off of a good deal. Especially if you're coming from a Shoei. If it were me, I would go with whats proven, Shoei, 6D, Bell, Arai, etc. dont want to put a price tag on my head/brain. Maybe call around and see if any dealers in your area carry it and you can go in and try it on and get their opinion?

The Shop

p0wn
7/27/2018 7:55am
I think other than 6d they're all the same - just some foam and a thin shell between your nugget and the ground.

There does seem to be a difference in fit, though, between the brands. Other than that they all get manufactured in the same 1 or 2 factories in China.
7/27/2018 9:04am
p0wn wrote:
I think other than 6d they're all the same - just some foam and a thin shell between your nugget and the ground. There does seem...
I think other than 6d they're all the same - just some foam and a thin shell between your nugget and the ground.

There does seem to be a difference in fit, though, between the brands. Other than that they all get manufactured in the same 1 or 2 factories in China.
6d marketing has done wonders on you apparently. Do a little research. There are many good helmets out there.
p0wn
7/27/2018 9:56am
p0wn wrote:
I think other than 6d they're all the same - just some foam and a thin shell between your nugget and the ground. There does seem...

6d marketing has done wonders on you apparently. Do a little research. There are many good helmets out there.
This is an incredibly unhelpful response. It gives no facts, nothing to support your claim etc. What is different about any other helmet that you buy? MIPS?

Just some whiny ass boo hooin.

I have a few regular helmets from different companies, a mips helmet, and a 6d helmet. I've looked at all of them and the basic construction is all the same save for the 6d. I mean at least they're trying to innovate in this stale industry.

MIPS is a joke. It's just some plastic 8th grade binder material between the liner and the foam.

All the rest are just foam and a thin polycarbonate or carbon fiber shell. If you have any facts you'd like to back up your incredibly uninformative reply please - I'm all ears.
swtwtwtw
7/27/2018 5:12pm
If it fits your head well, then the ar5, even ar3, is good. At least as good as the new shoei in my opinion.
moto988
7/27/2018 5:57pm
moto988 wrote:
so just had a big crash last night and pretty sure my new shoei is done for the foam inside looks like it compressed and is...
Porch32 wrote:
Honestly I wouldn't base my helmet decision off of a good deal. Especially if you're coming from a Shoei. If it were me, I would go...
Honestly I wouldn't base my helmet decision off of a good deal. Especially if you're coming from a Shoei. If it were me, I would go with whats proven, Shoei, 6D, Bell, Arai, etc. dont want to put a price tag on my head/brain. Maybe call around and see if any dealers in your area carry it and you can go in and try it on and get their opinion?
it's not like it's a cheap helmet retail is 299 on it. I can just get it for a good deal due to my sponsorship. I'd love to get a 6d but that's just out of the question at the moment. especially with having to still buy knee braces I've had to buy all new gear boots helmet pants jersey gloves chest protector, everything. bought a new bike and parts to get my bike setup all in the last few months. I havent ridden in about 5 to 7 years if you dont count like the 1 or 2 times a year I just went out and putted around on my old 08. Plus quit my old job and they are trying to screw me out of 1300 dollars on my last check and had to file a waige claim with the labor commission they said I'll get my money but who knows how long and now have to pay for my new health insurance so money is definitely tight at the moment waiting to get my first real check from the new job but I gotta still ride! haha its the only thing that keeps me from going insane! Man this sport is expensive.
moto988
7/28/2018 5:01pm
well looks like I'm going with the new shoei evo haha was just in at the dealership I use and was talking to my buddy at the parts counter and hes going to hook it up with an awesome deal on the new shoei vfx evo that i cant pass up! Gonna be a good amount more than i could of gotten the answer ar5 for but I know for sure the quality and fit of the shoei is awesome I loved my vfx-w and I know for sure I cant gp wrong with a shoei! wish there was somewhere close I could at least check out the answer ar5 cause it seems like It would be a good helmet but I dont have the time to drive an hour out to rocky mountain cause that's the only place in Utah that Carries answer I guess

Post a reply to: anyone own the answer ar5 helmet

The Latest