anyone else sitting out Pulpmx fantasy this year ?

shmacky78
1/4/2020 2:37pm
devotid wrote:
Its my first year playing.... Is it smarter to pic the obvious fast guys and just get a predictable amount of points? Or should I add...
Its my first year playing....

Is it smarter to pic the obvious fast guys and just get a predictable amount of points? Or should I add a "long shot" with a higher handicap and try to get extra points?

Also do you guys even risk picking the FFL? I see you can lose points if you are wrong.

Thanks for any tips. I want to win that YZ to match my WR dual sport.

Sometimes you can play it a little safe. but sometimes you gotta swing for fences also. just follow the practice results and hope for the best. basically try to pick guys with higher handicaps that you think will make the main event .. BASICALLY
crowe176
1/4/2020 2:40pm
devotid wrote:
Its my first year playing.... Is it smarter to pic the obvious fast guys and just get a predictable amount of points? Or should I add...

Is it smarter to pic the obvious fast guys and just get a predictable amount of points? Or should I add a "long shot" with a higher handicap and try to get extra points?

Also do you guys even risk picking the FFL? I see you can lose points if you are wrong.

I only pick FLL's during the 3 moto nights.. I had a horrible time the first year playing, but once you feel it out, it gets a lot better.

The expert picks might be a good option since it gives you an idea on where to get your points.
honda907
1/4/2020 2:43pm
Done playing. I always have done well.

Most years I organized the free league that I played in. Sometimes I had 40 guys in it.

Tired of rooting for guys I don't know to get points in 18th place. I live in Chesterfield at ClubMX, so I know some of the privateers. I would get frustrated when someone I didnt know just quit, had a bad race, etc.

Rather just root for the guys i see here and enjoy it for what it is

I watched my live scoring feed more than the race. Done with that. I want to enjoy the races.

I like just watching good racing and the cream coming to the top.

Thank you very much.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
1/4/2020 2:47pm
devotid wrote:

I'm about 50/50 on First lap leader.
And usually higher points is needed to win
Than Just picking the fast guys.
Usually the winner will only pick 1 All Star.
On Rare occasions maybe 2 but I don't think ever more than 2

The Shop

devotid
Fantasy
315th
1/4/2020 2:53pm
devotid wrote:

Tarz483 wrote:
I'm about 50/50 on First lap leader. And usually higher points is needed to win Than Just picking the fast guys. Usually the winner will only...
I'm about 50/50 on First lap leader.
And usually higher points is needed to win
Than Just picking the fast guys.
Usually the winner will only pick 1 All Star.
On Rare occasions maybe 2 but I don't think ever more than 2
Allright.... I got it. That makes Sense. I had all Allstars picked except mookie. lol

I payed the $5 and I saw the expert picks.

Thanks for the help.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
1/4/2020 2:58pm
No prob Good luck.
I was thinking about making a Fantasy thread were we all share our pics right when the gate drops than go back and discuss it tomorrow or whenever people have time.
swizcore
1/4/2020 3:25pm
KTMBRO362 wrote:
You can play for free, it only cost money if you want to win prizes
Just want to reiterate this.

I don’t do the pay deal just because me winning a prize (fat chance cuz I’m on the fantasy strugglebus) would not have good optics.
daemon616
1/4/2020 4:27pm
I was going to play for free but though fk it I'm in! take my money! The programming behind the site is sexy and so I wanted to try it for a season.
shmacky78
1/4/2020 4:53pm
I’m In for the free vital league... screw it lol
1/4/2020 5:01pm
Probably would be healthier and wiser of me to just find Steve at a National and give him $35 and thank him for all the podcasts I use while I'm driving or biking. And I will probably still give the side eye and mumble to myself when I see riders that F'd my fantasy team.
crowe176
1/4/2020 5:09pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2020 5:09pm
I've listened to a fuck ton of free content that Steve has put out. Giving him $30 to play a game that pulls on almost every emotion in a 3 hour window every saturday, is a no brainer. I draw the line at the $5 expert picks though. They can EABOD's.
BobPA
1/4/2020 5:18pm
RM Fantasy is as far as I go. Plus Matthes would have to pay me to support anything he does...

Post a reply to: anyone else sitting out Pulpmx fantasy this year ?

The Latest