anyone else sitting out Pulpmx fantasy this year ?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2019 8:23 AM

Make me feel better about NOT playing this year..
I played last year did ok a few weeks here and there. But did anyone else get screwed up by the Glendale race when it came on An hour earlier and missed the lock out times ? I also missed lock out one other time. I guess it just sucks if you screw up once and your whole season is screwed. I was gonna play but I’ll just save my money this year and put it towards the gold app. it was ok I guess but does anyone else just not get that much pleasure out of fantasy sports ? or am I just weird ? ?

|

1/5/2019 8:27 AM

Nope I'm all in, love it.

|

1/5/2019 8:30 AM

It has makes the mid to end season so much more fun.

|

1/5/2019 8:31 AM

Motocrossfantasy.com has a FREE bench racing series for cheap bastards.w00t

|

1/5/2019 8:32 AM

HELL NO

|

1/5/2019 8:34 AM

Im in, way more fun with it.

|

1/5/2019 8:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2019 11:00 AM

So you're not playing Pulp fantasy because of your own mistakes? Cool story bro. I always make picks on Friday after the podcast just in case that i can't follow the practice or make late picks = problem solved.

I like the game and the podcast they do. 35 bucks is not much considering you might win something (i got 8th in 2018 outdoors which gave me a set of Mobius braces and the delivery to Finland couldn't have been easier). The only minus is the new "expert picks" thing that costs 5 bucks. Yeah it's cheap and probably doesn't give you a big advantage but i would still like to see everyone on the same playing field. I did not purchase the expert pick perk.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

1/5/2019 8:45 AM

I'm likely sitting out for the same reason I don't like other fantasy sports: I have more fun watching a race when I don't have anything riding on the outcome. If I don't have fantasy picks then I can just enjoy whatever happens and whomever wins without worrying about how it affects my standings.

So yeah, sit back and enjoy watching the racing this year!

|

1/5/2019 8:46 AM

Try rockymountain fantasy sx its way better

|

1/5/2019 8:48 AM

I’m in, but not picking until after qualifying this year.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

1/5/2019 8:54 AM

That's like 1$ a race...
Without fantasy I usually only watched the first 7 or 8 rounds. Now I watch every single heat and LCQ if I have time for it

|

1/5/2019 10:15 AM

Motofinne wrote:

So you're not playing Pulp fantasy because of your own mistakes? Cool story bro. I always make picks on Friday after the ...more

Sorry my post made you so mad BRO .. I’m just saying it’s easy to make that mistake. and then your whole season is screwed. Just curious if Iwas the only one sitting it out. Or did anyone else get their season screwed because of an hour difference in locknout times. it’s not the 35 Bucs that ultimately steered me away

|

1/5/2019 10:16 AM

kingmcgrath wrote:

I'm likely sitting out for the same reason I don't like other fantasy sports: I have more fun watching a race when I don't ...more

I hear ya !! This is kind of how I feel. part of me feels bummed I’m not playing the other half is RELIEVED ?

|

1/5/2019 10:18 AM

Heck no to much fun to play!

|

1/5/2019 10:18 AM

The money isn’t really the issue. I guess it’s just harder to be committed to Moto fantasy.. unlike football where it’s a lot easier to keep up with

|

1/5/2019 10:24 AM

Pulp fantasy isn’t hard. Make picks early as insurance, then refine on race day time permitting. Easy.

|

1/5/2019 10:29 AM

Im in i think on a scale of 1 to 10 its a 15
Lol
But im a little worried about technical problems
I did get it to take my money
But right now the page wont load.
I really hope they get it all dialed in!

|

1/5/2019 10:29 AM

I actually decided to play industry idiots this year. Did good last year so I figured why not up the stakes a little. Go figure that when I log in to the league there are a bunch of guys that did better than me. It was my first year playing that format so I think I learned a lot and can hopefully do even better.

|

1/5/2019 10:31 AM

kingmcgrath wrote:

I'm likely sitting out for the same reason I don't like other fantasy sports: I have more fun watching a race when I don't ...more

I agree with this statement. I find myself not caring about the race as much and only crabby about the bad shit that happened to my picks. Too competitive sometimes.

|

1/5/2019 10:33 AM

The reason I quit was that I had a very hard time separating my emotions from logic during the race. I picked that guy, but I was routing for this guy. Cold sweats, exhaustion.. Just couldn't take it anymore.
|

1/5/2019 10:35 AM

Your Season? Trophy for everybody

|

1/5/2019 10:38 AM

It seems to be tweaked right now. I can't access my team? Y'all having the same issue?

|

1/5/2019 10:41 AM

You can play for free, it only cost money if you want to win prizes

|

1/5/2019 10:43 AM

Ken202 wrote:

It seems to be tweaked right now. I can't access my team? Y'all having the same issue?

Yeah i cant get in right now

|

1/5/2019 10:46 AM

I played it last year and had an alright time. I'm just not a huge fan of handicap based fantasy leagues, so I decided to sit out this year.

|

Contact Me

Instagram (@gdawson243)

Snapchat: gdawson2

1/5/2019 10:53 AM

At the risk of showing my age, didn't Vital or "motodrive" have a fantasy SX league where you picked riders based on a salary cap? It was pretty cool as I recall.

|

1/5/2019 10:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2019 10:57 AM

I have played them all for years and won atleast one top 5 prize every year for many years in a row in atleast one of the leagues until last year where I just sucked at all things fantasy but it was fun and just a game. Have won Helmet, neck brace, chain and sprocket kit, tshirts, throttle kit, gear bags etc. You win some, you lose some. If money is an issue than get a free private group with your buddies in one of the leagues and bet what you want. It's all fun. In pulp just signing up enters you to win a 19 kxf450.
I have also always watched every qualifier and race available and watched all the races when I raced no matter the class. I love dirt bikes at every level. Cant ever get enough.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

1/5/2019 11:05 AM

I'm a first timer this year, so I'll suck. looks like fun though.

|

1/5/2019 11:08 AM

Tbteam wrote:

I'm a first timer this year, so I'll suck. looks like fun though.

You have just as much of a chance as anybody
We are all tied in points right now smile

|

1/5/2019 11:10 AM

I enjoyed it at first last year .. but ended up consuming a lot of my Saturday watching practices and what not. and one mistake and your done, plus the whole more worried about fantasy than the actual race. I dunno I was just curious all in all if anyone else wasn’t “super pumped” on it this year .. that’s all I’m trying to ask. I’m not bashing it at all, it’s ok. Just more of a hassle IMO. patiently awaiting this evening !!

|