anyone cerakote or anodize moto parts?

maxer
Fantasy
251st
3/4/2021 7:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2021 7:47am
thinking about cerakoting/anodizing some parts as a side hobby and maybe doing some work for people. any people/companies currently offering that for the moto industry?
|
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
3/4/2021 7:33pm
Yes, there are businesses providing those services. Get into it. I've done plenty of cerekote mx parts and gun parts.

Buy the sample sizes from cerekote, the stuff goes a LONG way, very thin.

Of course you'll need a sand blasting cabinet, oven and a small spray gun. I bought a harbor freight blasting cabinet that works great for hubs, motor cases, etc.. Also a gram scale for measuring the hardener.

maxer
Fantasy
251st
3/4/2021 7:36pm
Markee wrote:
Yes, there are businesses providing those services. Get into it. I've done plenty of cerekote mx parts and gun parts. Buy the sample sizes from cerekote...
Yes, there are businesses providing those services. Get into it. I've done plenty of cerekote mx parts and gun parts.

Buy the sample sizes from cerekote, the stuff goes a LONG way, very thin.

Of course you'll need a sand blasting cabinet, oven and a small spray gun. I bought a harbor freight blasting cabinet that works great for hubs, motor cases, etc.. Also a gram scale for measuring the hardener.

I have most of the stuff needed already at my work so its worth a shot for fun at least. Any links to whos doing it for moto stuff currently? & thanks
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
3/4/2021 7:40pm

Markee
Fantasy
2006th
3/4/2021 7:41pm
Trick Engineering does it near you.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
3/4/2021 7:48pm
maxer wrote:
I have most of the stuff needed already at my work so its worth a shot for fun at least. Any links to whos doing it...
I have most of the stuff needed already at my work so its worth a shot for fun at least. Any links to whos doing it for moto stuff currently? & thanks
yzf162
3/5/2021 6:16am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2021 6:17am
Should just do actual kashima between 250 plus shipping for 400-500 plus shipping you get the real color and the performance. If we could get a few people that wanna do it. I would be willing to do my forks and shock as well l
I could see if my suspension guys could get a package deal to lower the cost. Id say 4-6 guys would work.
OldPro277
3/5/2021 7:03am
yzf162 wrote:
Should just do actual kashima between 250 plus shipping for 400-500 plus shipping you get the real color and the performance. If we could get a...
Should just do actual kashima between 250 plus shipping for 400-500 plus shipping you get the real color and the performance. If we could get a few people that wanna do it. I would be willing to do my forks and shock as well l
I could see if my suspension guys could get a package deal to lower the cost. Id say 4-6 guys would work.
It sounds like the OP is more interested in doing the typical small parts ,not necessarily suspension,which is the only pieces that would be advantageous for Kashima. Cerakote and Ano are big businesses in our area. I can think of at least 3 shops within a 10 mile radius here that does quality Anodizing and probably 6 guys doing Cerakote and Powder. And just about all of them do pick up and delivery at NC.

So.... if you are going to do it for yourself and your buddies, it'll probably save you a few bucks, but its definitely time consuming to prep properly. If you are doing it to make money, I'd certainly check locally who all is doing it.

Markee is correct that in your area Trick Eng offers it and Clayton had done quite a few pieces for me (before I found all the local guys doing it) and he does an outstanding job. So do your research before you jump in with both feet if you're planning on making a business of it.
maxer
Fantasy
251st
3/5/2021 7:10am
yzf162 wrote:
Should just do actual kashima between 250 plus shipping for 400-500 plus shipping you get the real color and the performance. If we could get a...
OldPro277 wrote:
It sounds like the OP is more interested in doing the typical small parts ,not necessarily suspension,which is the only pieces that would be advantageous for...
It sounds like the OP is more interested in doing the typical small parts ,not necessarily suspension,which is the only pieces that would be advantageous for Kashima. Cerakote and Ano are big businesses in our area. I can think of at least 3 shops within a 10 mile radius here that does quality Anodizing and probably 6 guys doing Cerakote and Powder. And just about all of them do pick up and delivery at NC.

So.... if you are going to do it for yourself and your buddies, it'll probably save you a few bucks, but its definitely time consuming to prep properly. If you are doing it to make money, I'd certainly check locally who all is doing it.

Markee is correct that in your area Trick Eng offers it and Clayton had done quite a few pieces for me (before I found all the local guys doing it) and he does an outstanding job. So do your research before you jump in with both feet if you're planning on making a business of it.
Thanks for the advice.I want to just do it for fun and for family/friends, maybe some other people i know if they are interested. Luckily, i have most of the essential materials to start at my work already and i have some time to kill :D
yzf162
3/5/2021 7:31am
yzf162 wrote:
OldPro277 wrote:
It sounds like the OP is more interested in doing the typical small parts ,not necessarily suspension,which is the only pieces that would be advantageous for...

maxer wrote:
Thanks for the advice.I want to just do it for fun and for family/friends, maybe some other people i know if they are interested. Luckily, i...
Thanks for the advice.I want to just do it for fun and for family/friends, maybe some other people i know if they are interested. Luckily, i have most of the essential materials to start at my work already and i have some time to kill :D
My fuck up. Clicked on the wrong thread. If you do go forward with this i might have to throw a few parts your way for the fuck up.
maxer
Fantasy
251st
3/5/2021 7:33am
OldPro277 wrote:

maxer wrote:
Thanks for the advice.I want to just do it for fun and for family/friends, maybe some other people i know if they are interested. Luckily, i...
yzf162 wrote:
My fuck up. Clicked on the wrong thread. If you do go forward with this i might have to throw a few parts your way for...
My fuck up. Clicked on the wrong thread. If you do go forward with this i might have to throw a few parts your way for the fuck up.
haha i'll let you know then
moto314
3/5/2021 7:43am
I got a buddy that does it in his garage. He has a sand blasting cabinet and a large oven that can fit frames. Converted an enclosed trailer to a spray booth. He is on the wait list to get certified.

maxer
Fantasy
251st
3/5/2021 7:47am
moto314 wrote:
I got a buddy that does it in his garage. He has a sand blasting cabinet and a large oven that can fit frames. Converted an...
I got a buddy that does it in his garage. He has a sand blasting cabinet and a large oven that can fit frames. Converted an enclosed trailer to a spray booth. He is on the wait list to get certified.

sickk and the trailer spray booth is a great idea
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
3/5/2021 7:47am
There's no need for moto specific, it's just coating materials. What I mean by that is there are tons of places that do coatings and as long as they are competent they'll do moto parts just fine.

Post a reply to: anyone cerakote or anodize moto parts?

The Latest