anybody see the last gate drop,? curious

hillbilly
Edited Date/Time 10/1/2015 2:28am
What happened to put Webb and barcia so deep? After ripping starts all weekend seemed odd for both to be back in squirrelygoondom.
|
DoctorJD
9/28/2015 6:22am
hillbilly wrote:
What happened to put Webb and barcia so deep? After ripping starts all weekend seemed odd for both to be back in squirrelygoondom.
I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, they simply both had bad reaction times off of the gate...and at the worst possible time.
ATKpilot99
9/28/2015 6:22am
The French Secret Service had a talk with them before the last moto.
kkawboy14
9/28/2015 6:31am
So we're they just 2 or 3 spots out of winning the overall?

The Shop

kongols
9/28/2015 6:40am
kkawboy14 wrote:
That`s a tough question. No one knows how race would have progressed if USA guy`s got better starts. There is a lot of tactics going on.
Sideways
9/28/2015 7:00am
Us guys had way better start than the french the first two motos. Would france had won it by more points if they hadnt fvcked up the first starts? Who knows,and who gives a damn. Alot of "ifs" here right now.. it was a great day of racing.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
9/28/2015 7:39am
Seemed like a really quick drop to me. Don't think the Monster girls had gotten their sweet tushes Woohoo all the way off of the track before it fell.
DoctorJD
9/28/2015 8:10am
kkawboy14 wrote:
kongols wrote:
That`s a tough question. No one knows how race would have progressed if USA guy`s got better starts. There is a lot of tactics going on.
Still don't think anyone could have touched Febvre and since BT was basically right on his wheel the whole moto, I guess that goes for him, as well. So that being said, I think Barcia did about all he could do. I think, had Webb not stalled, we potentially could have seen the Americans go 3rd and 4th place. I still think they would have been been a point down, though.
kongols
9/28/2015 8:16am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2015 8:17am
kkawboy14 wrote:
kongols wrote:
DoctorJD wrote:
Still don't think anyone could have touched Febvre and since BT was basically right on his wheel the whole moto, I guess that goes for him...
Still don't think anyone could have touched Febvre and since BT was basically right on his wheel the whole moto, I guess that goes for him, as well. So that being said, I think Barcia did about all he could do. I think, had Webb not stalled, we potentially could have seen the Americans go 3rd and 4th place. I still think they would have been been a point down, though.
Febvre was the only guy I saw yesterday that could go faster than he did. He was playing with laptimes depending on where he was in a race. But... who knows what would have happened if it was Barcia on his rear wheel.
9/28/2015 8:46am
The French overcame more adversity in the first two motos than the US did in the third IMO. You can say "what if the US got better starts in moto 3" or "what if Coop didnt stall" but then you can say "what if Marvin and Paulin didnt crash" which they both did. I think it was pretty even in overcoming bad luck for France and USA, and I think the better team won.
Titan1
9/28/2015 9:53am
kkawboy14 wrote:
kongols wrote:
DoctorJD wrote:
Still don't think anyone could have touched Febvre and since BT was basically right on his wheel the whole moto, I guess that goes for him...
I think Febvre was just keep BT behind him...and not really worried about beating him...Febvre found a pace that was comfortable and fast enough to keep Townley in 2nd and rode it out...I would say Febvre had more speed if he needed it.

Febvre really suprised me this year...I honestly assumed he was the World Champ because everyone else crashed out...after his rides at Glen Helen and the MXDN, I don't think that was the case at all...he's the real deal.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
9/28/2015 9:58am
Seemed like a really quick drop to me. Don't think the Monster girls had gotten their sweet tushes :woohoo: all the way off of the track...
Seemed like a really quick drop to me. Don't think the Monster girls had gotten their sweet tushes Woohoo all the way off of the track before it fell.
Watched it again last night and they actually held the gate longer in the last moto. To me they should always change the drop time on the gate so the guys don't get use to it falling at a certain time and be able to time it. Drop it fast one moto, hold it the next. Keep the guys on their toes every time.
hillbilly
9/28/2015 10:08am
The french had probably ridden there before.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
9/28/2015 10:15am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2015 10:16am
hillbilly wrote:
Febvre never raced a GP there.

And who exactly do you think is a goon in this field? The slowest rider was Yohei Kojima from Japan who was (only) 13sec off the pace.
hillbilly
9/28/2015 10:19am
hillbilly wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
Febvre never raced a GP there. And who exactly do you think is a goon in this field? The slowest rider was Yohei Kojima from Japan...

And who exactly do you think is a goon in this field? The slowest rider was Yohei Kojima from Japan who was (only) 13sec off the pace.
I didn't catch a number,they were wobbling to much when getting lapped.
9/28/2015 11:17am
lol ...wasnt it Hilbilly , who called the MXON a meaningless race with no honour and prestige ?? curious if you still think it is , listen to the press conference with Webb,Barcia and Martin .... Wink
Sidecar
9/28/2015 11:19am
The best team, France won.

The USA team did you guys proud rode well as a team and finished a strong second place.

Let any ifs and buts lie now, the trophy is in France for another 12 months.

At least you got a fair shot at it this year, GB have to wait yet again..... Wel be back!!!!
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
9/28/2015 12:36pm
hillbilly wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
Febvre never raced a GP there. And who exactly do you think is a goon in this field? The slowest rider was Yohei Kojima from Japan...

hillbilly wrote:
Well 12 sec off Barcias pace is about equal to the 18-22 range in the nationals.
So yeah, wobbling around in the A-Finals
Olson
9/28/2015 12:40pm
12 sec off Tomacs pace isn't even second place in teh AMA. Dungey wobbling around in second.
9/28/2015 12:53pm
crusty_xx wrote:

hillbilly wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
Well 12 sec off Barcias pace is about equal to the 18-22 range in the nationals.
So yeah, wobbling around in the A-Finals
Smile
#40mangates
Kawasaki572
9/28/2015 1:45pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2015 1:46pm
I bet the French secretly changed the mapping on the JGR 450's to make them slower. Shit, i would too, those JGR 450's are rocket ships off the gate, almost like cheating. I don't know how they did it, but if i had to guess, they most likely disguised themselves as Americans (Manly Beards, Yamaha clothing with Murica' all over it), then sneaked into the mech area when the real mech's were away, then changed the mapping. Also, i easily saw the gate drop for French first. Damn, never trust the French. We better watch those French next year, or the losing streak will continue.
PressPassP
9/28/2015 1:52pm
I bet the French secretly changed the mapping on the JGR 450's to make them slower. Shit, i would too, those JGR 450's are rocket ships...
I bet the French secretly changed the mapping on the JGR 450's to make them slower. Shit, i would too, those JGR 450's are rocket ships off the gate, almost like cheating. I don't know how they did it, but if i had to guess, they most likely disguised themselves as Americans (Manly Beards, Yamaha clothing with Murica' all over it), then sneaked into the mech area when the real mech's were away, then changed the mapping. Also, i easily saw the gate drop for French first. Damn, never trust the French. We better watch those French next year, or the losing streak will continue.
^^ Best answer,and most probable,so many beards in Europe right now Wink
machine
9/28/2015 1:58pm
Has anyone thought about traction control ,since im sure the start got pretty dry at the end of the day. Not sure if the US 450's had it or not. Not saying that was the cause...but maybe a possibility?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/28/2015 2:35pm
machine wrote:
Has anyone thought about traction control ,since im sure the start got pretty dry at the end of the day. Not sure if the US 450's...
Has anyone thought about traction control ,since im sure the start got pretty dry at the end of the day. Not sure if the US 450's had it or not. Not saying that was the cause...but maybe a possibility?
The entire US team utilizes GET systems like most of the GP teams. But as I've mentioned countless times before, they don't have traction control that most are imagining. Wheel sensor based traction control doesn't work on motocross bikes! All they do is program the system to look for large RPM spikes under a certain throttle position and it cuts power in a minor fashion (usually 1-5%, it's what the GET dial on the JGR and Star racing bikes adjusts). A similar system to this has actually been on the KX450F stock, since 2015.
machine
9/28/2015 2:39pm
machine wrote:
Has anyone thought about traction control ,since im sure the start got pretty dry at the end of the day. Not sure if the US 450's...
ML512 wrote:
The entire US team utilizes GET systems like most of the GP teams. But as I've mentioned countless times before, they don't have traction control that...
The entire US team utilizes GET systems like most of the GP teams. But as I've mentioned countless times before, they don't have traction control that most are imagining. Wheel sensor based traction control doesn't work on motocross bikes! All they do is program the system to look for large RPM spikes under a certain throttle position and it cuts power in a minor fashion (usually 1-5%, it's what the GET dial on the JGR and Star racing bikes adjusts). A similar system to this has actually been on the KX450F stock, since 2015.
Yeah, actually I have heard you say that, thanks for the reminder..lol

I just wanted to confirm that we did have a similar/equal "mechanism" or wheel spin.
hillbilly
9/30/2015 9:32pm
It is a meaningless race ,fun,yeah,worth the risk of ones career,nope.

I would like to see 2 and done,you cant go anymore, let others go and try,it had to be a rush for Webb, but do you put that on the resume? Got 2nd at mxdn,doubt it.

So,RF has never ridden there?

Oh,one more thing,I cant recall the scores being so far apart after 2nd, it was like 14,16,57 or such.
jamma10
10/1/2015 2:02am
hillbilly wrote:
It is a meaningless race ,fun,yeah,worth the risk of ones career,nope. I would like to see 2 and done,you cant go anymore, let others go and...
It is a meaningless race ,fun,yeah,worth the risk of ones career,nope.

I would like to see 2 and done,you cant go anymore, let others go and try,it had to be a rush for Webb, but do you put that on the resume? Got 2nd at mxdn,doubt it.

So,RF has never ridden there?

Oh,one more thing,I cant recall the scores being so far apart after 2nd, it was like 14,16,57 or such.
The fact Belgium finished third with a DNF and a 24th place, and Estonia finished 4th without a regular GP rider on their team tells you all you need to know about the strength of the other teams this year really.
jamma10
10/1/2015 2:10am
And try telling these people it's a meaningless race.

10/1/2015 2:28am
Pretty sure Webb said he thought they dropped the gate earlier than they did in the first two on the Pulp show.

Post a reply to: anybody see the last gate drop,? curious

The Latest