any word on stewart / jgr

MT MX
3/29/2012 1:41pm
per RacerX:

James Stewart - Head, Hand and Knee

Comment: Stewart crashed in his heat race in Indianapolis, and took a hit to the head in the process. He also tweaked his knee and incurred a broken bone in his hand. Stewart tried riding this week, and is currently on a day to day basis for this weekend in Houston.
DownSouth
3/29/2012 1:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2012 1:44pm
kongols wrote:
Really? He said he broke his hand?
MT MX wrote:
to clarify..............he said something like 'he didn't even know that he broke a bone in his hand until Monday when he was at the doctors'
kongols wrote:
The way I heard it was he was asked about his biggest injuries and he said his hand and knee then his concussion last week. He...
The way I heard it was he was asked about his biggest injuries and he said his hand and knee then his concussion last week. He did not say he broke his hand, Emig asked it but Stewart never confirmed it. He said he has re injured his old injuries but never said he broke his hand.
Start at 0.54.45

https://youtu.be/4IyugefFXD8
At one point during that interview (55:19 to be exact) the quote straight from James was "I ended up breaking my hand, that was one of my injuries..." before Emig ever asked about it.
kongols
3/29/2012 1:44pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2012 1:47pm
NFM, sorry to interrupt. It must be my shitty english, it is my fourth language after all.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/29/2012 1:48pm
neverwas wrote:
One of the biggest reasons info gets chased down in major sports is for the Vegas line. If SX/MX was handicapped in Vegas like football you...
One of the biggest reasons info gets chased down in major sports is for the Vegas line.
If SX/MX was handicapped in Vegas like football you bet we would know the extent of the riders injuries.
You're correct on the first half, but I'm not so sure on the second. It's not like there's a MX Commissioner that would oversee it.

The Shop

MT MX
3/29/2012 1:50pm
kongols wrote:
NFM, sorry to interrupt. It must be my shitty english, it is my fourth language after all.
Don't worry most of us here in the States are shitty at English alsoGrinning
I don't think he'll be racing in Houston, but I really hope I'm wrong.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
3/29/2012 1:54pm
Yep, definitely says he broke it.

He may still be able to race with it, he raced with the broken wrist (navicular bone) a couple years ago before he had the surgery.
Sherwood
3/29/2012 2:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2012 2:44pm
wawazat wrote:
In mainstream sports they have reporters chasing down anwers of who's hurt, mx not so much. In sports people want to know who will be playing...
In mainstream sports they have reporters chasing down anwers of who's hurt, mx not so much.

In sports people want to know who will be playing, mx is no different. Difference is nobody is chasing anyone in mx looking to break a story, just report on a press release.

Can you imagine if football operated the way mx does?
Sherwood wrote:
Teams releasing injury reports on players has nothing to do with reporters chasing players down. The NFL and most mainstream sports require all teams to release...
Teams releasing injury reports on players has nothing to do with reporters chasing players down.

The NFL and most mainstream sports require all teams to release that information.
wawazat wrote:
Injury reports are for the most part vague. Reporters, sports radio hosts, chase the story. They don't just read an injury report and leave it at...
Injury reports are for the most part vague. Reporters, sports radio hosts, chase the story. They don't just read an injury report and leave it at that. Sometimes the reporter gets it right, sometimes they don't, but they are constantly looking at the story.
Do you even watch ESPN? They are constantly digging for how injured someone is and how long they might be out for.
Again, all those sports have injury reports and then Espn will typically ask a doctor what that means after looking at the injury report.

Take the UFC which does not require its fighters to report injuries and is WAY bigger than Moto ever will be and you'll see nobody reporting an injury untill after a fight if at all. Examples include Silva who had a rib injury before fighting Sonnen and more recently Rampage Jackson.

Post a reply to: any word on stewart / jgr

The Latest