"...and everyone else I forgot"

MXD
I've had the LL broadcast playing in the background in my office this week and I can't believe how many kids say that. It makes my skin crawl. These kids need some guidance.
|
MXD
8/5/2016 8:26am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2016 8:27am
Kx125rider wrote:
Is it that big of a deal?
Maybe you should go ask those that were forgotten. It's a message board. In your opinion, how many topics posted are a big deal?
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
8/5/2016 8:29am
Yeah if you can't remember, obviously the "thanks" is useless.
Zaugg
8/5/2016 8:36am
I'd rather they don't say "thank you" to a list of sponsors. I can read and see all their sponsors on their jersey, bike, hat, towel, entourage.

"Just gotta give it up to the Geico Monster Bull Star HonKawiSuziMahaTM, Yoshimura-Circuit-MF Team. My Pirelli Dunlops were hookin up in the corners and I could see everything thanks to my 100%-Scott-Oakley-EKS brand goggles. Also want to thank 9 lb 10oz Baby Jesus because he was looking out for me and ONLY me. That's why I"m here on the top step of the podium."

Just say "Thanks to everyone who helped me out including my Mom and Dad...(the real heros here)."

The Shop

jj welks
8/5/2016 8:42am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2016 8:53am
There kids some moting for ther lives and careers how much more pressure can you put on them at LL ok Johnny now you gotta keep old man river sitting on his bum in his office happy heaven forbid you forgot thank your 3rd uncle removed for filling up your gas tank that one time
zehn
8/5/2016 8:50am
I'd rather they say that then do their best (worst) Musquin impression and talk for 5 minutes...

BTW I love Musquin's podium speeches. But a home-schooled 15 year old? Naw...
YZ324
8/5/2016 8:58am
Yea you know they're all nervous, excited, pumped, super pumped, stoked and trying to look/act like a pro. Gotta start somewhere.

Personally I wish they "Pro's" would have their sponsors on listed graphically on the side and let them talk about the race.

just my .02
MXD
8/5/2016 9:04am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2016 9:05am
I don't blame the kids as much as I do the parents. It's awkward to listen to when you know that there's a sponsor somewhere who stretched to help a kid out and didn't even get a mention. But I agree, it's a tough spot for some of the younger kids.
Ted722
8/5/2016 9:14am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2016 9:19am
Much much more effective to have a kid be himself, see his sponsors on his jersey, hat, goggles, you name it vs. rattling off sponsors and "everyone else he forgot." My kids are much more (14 and 11) willing to look up a rider that had original thought just being a kid vs. some robot doing a Nascar impersonation. They tune out to that.
8/5/2016 9:16am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2016 9:16am
If it bothers you so much after the race is over turn down the sound.
8/5/2016 9:23am
Kx125rider wrote:
Is it that big of a deal?
MXD wrote:
Maybe you should go ask those that were forgotten. It's a message board. In your opinion, how many topics posted are a big deal?
Not meant to be derrogatory, just dont think its a big deal that they forget some people. I can also understand your point about the people they do forget.
Steadman
8/5/2016 9:33am
YZ324 wrote:
Yea you know they're all nervous, excited, pumped, super pumped, stoked and trying to look/act like a pro. Gotta start somewhere. Personally I wish they "Pro's"...
Yea you know they're all nervous, excited, pumped, super pumped, stoked and trying to look/act like a pro. Gotta start somewhere.

Personally I wish they "Pro's" would have their sponsors on listed graphically on the side and let them talk about the race.

just my .02
Ding ding ding!! One of the BEST ideas I've ever read on this forum. Would be great to have a sponsor list on the side of the screen and just let the racers talk about the race. How great would that be? YZ324 for president haha
MR. X
8/5/2016 9:40am
Zaugg wrote:
I'd rather they don't say "thank you" to a list of sponsors. I can read and see all their sponsors on their jersey, bike, hat, towel...
I'd rather they don't say "thank you" to a list of sponsors. I can read and see all their sponsors on their jersey, bike, hat, towel, entourage.

"Just gotta give it up to the Geico Monster Bull Star HonKawiSuziMahaTM, Yoshimura-Circuit-MF Team. My Pirelli Dunlops were hookin up in the corners and I could see everything thanks to my 100%-Scott-Oakley-EKS brand goggles. Also want to thank 9 lb 10oz Baby Jesus because he was looking out for me and ONLY me. That's why I"m here on the top step of the podium."

Just say "Thanks to everyone who helped me out including my Mom and Dad...(the real heros here)."
I like to picture Jesus wearing one of those tuxedo print t-shirts.
mx_563
8/5/2016 9:46am
When pros say it, I cringe.

LL kids aren't professionals, they don't know any better. So I'm OK with it.
Pirate421
8/5/2016 10:26am
NASCAR racers are pretty well spoken (most of them) and do a good job of plugging sponsors while still being able to talk about the race. I've never understood how there aren't any Mx racers who can do that.
motomike137
8/5/2016 10:31am
MXD wrote:
I've had the LL broadcast playing in the background in my office this week and I can't believe how many kids say that. It makes my...
I've had the LL broadcast playing in the background in my office this week and I can't believe how many kids say that. It makes my skin crawl. These kids need some guidance.
Makes your skin crawl? Really?
cmarona463
8/5/2016 11:43am
Honestly, if you're helping the kid so that your name and product gets plugged on the podium, then you're not doing it for the right reasons. I think most people/companies that help out these amateur kids, are doing it primarily for the kid and to see them achieve something special.
moto282
8/5/2016 11:51am
Of all the things to bitch about, you pick kids/amateurs forgetting to mention someone's name on the podium.
SKlein
8/5/2016 12:08pm
If it bothers you so much after the race is over turn down the sound.
Yeah, but if he didn't hear it how could he possibly make a Vital thread complaining about it?
LappedU
8/5/2016 12:21pm
YZ324 wrote:
Yea you know they're all nervous, excited, pumped, super pumped, stoked and trying to look/act like a pro. Gotta start somewhere. Personally I wish they "Pro's"...

just my .02
Steadman wrote:
Ding ding ding!! One of the BEST ideas I've ever read on this forum. Would be great to have a sponsor list on the side of...
Ding ding ding!! One of the BEST ideas I've ever read on this forum. Would be great to have a sponsor list on the side of the screen and just let the racers talk about the race. How great would that be? YZ324 for president haha
I'm on board, great idea!
51xc
8/5/2016 12:28pm
yeah because the pro's do such a good job...
Lightning78
8/5/2016 2:19pm
MXD wrote:
I've had the LL broadcast playing in the background in my office this week and I can't believe how many kids say that. It makes my...
I agree with you 100% it was appalling watching the live stream today EVERY kid interviewed has said it
8/5/2016 2:30pm
I'd like to see you remember as much as the star spangled banner after pushing through a 20-25 minute moto in 100 degree weather.
MXD
8/5/2016 2:40pm
MXD wrote:
I agree with you 100% it was appalling watching the live stream today EVERY kid interviewed has said it
Careful, it looks like we might get nailed to the cross for thinking that kids should be able to show some appreciation and respect to those that help them.

When I was about 8, my aunt gave me $5 at Easter dinner stuffed in a card. After dinner, the adults were playing cards for money. I asked if I could play and someone said "this is for money, you have any?" and I showed them the $5 bill. My father got up, beat my ass and gave my $5 back to my aunt. He said it was because it was disrespectful to be so careless with the gift my aunt gave me. Personally, I think he went over the top and was maybe even an ass hole to me but 33 years later, I remember that story like it happened yesterday and I learned a valuable lesson. I guess times have changed. At least for most of us in this thread.
8/5/2016 3:02pm
MXD wrote:
MXD wrote:
Careful, it looks like we might get nailed to the cross for thinking that kids should be able to show some appreciation and respect to those...
Careful, it looks like we might get nailed to the cross for thinking that kids should be able to show some appreciation and respect to those that help them.

When I was about 8, my aunt gave me $5 at Easter dinner stuffed in a card. After dinner, the adults were playing cards for money. I asked if I could play and someone said "this is for money, you have any?" and I showed them the $5 bill. My father got up, beat my ass and gave my $5 back to my aunt. He said it was because it was disrespectful to be so careless with the gift my aunt gave me. Personally, I think he went over the top and was maybe even an ass hole to me but 33 years later, I remember that story like it happened yesterday and I learned a valuable lesson. I guess times have changed. At least for most of us in this thread.
I think you're really reaching. These kids have many sponsors and they are thanking all of them just not mentioning all of them. It's a work in progress. I get your point about kids these days but I don't feel that applies to podium speeches.
MXD
8/5/2016 3:16pm
I think you're really reaching. These kids have many sponsors and they are thanking all of them just not mentioning all of them. It's a work...
I think you're really reaching. These kids have many sponsors and they are thanking all of them just not mentioning all of them. It's a work in progress. I get your point about kids these days but I don't feel that applies to podium speeches.
I was definitely raised to the extreme in the other direction so you're probably right. Maybe my perspective is a bit skewed.
RMZ#
8/5/2016 3:26pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2016 3:26pm
mx_563 wrote:
When pros say it, I cringe.

LL kids aren't professionals, they don't know any better. So I'm OK with it.
The top 3 in every class minus the C class are Pro's. Pitting out of a semi with Free bikes, Gear, and Travel money = Pro Riders.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/5/2016 4:08pm
It's nothing new.
cmarona463
8/5/2016 4:12pm
RMZ# wrote:
The top 3 in every class minus the C class are Pro's. Pitting out of a semi with Free bikes, Gear, and Travel money = Pro...
The top 3 in every class minus the C class are Pro's. Pitting out of a semi with Free bikes, Gear, and Travel money = Pro Riders.
Really? The top 3 in every class except c class? You do realize that's not even close to true right?

Post a reply to: "...and everyone else I forgot"

The Latest