america vs euros excuses mxon

Related:
Create New Tag

10/9/2019 6:18 AM

|

10/9/2019 6:21 AM

you'l get a lot of hate here with links like that. just sayan

|

the ultimate MX renegade from the east shore of the big cold pond

10/9/2019 6:22 AM

Wouldnt have expected anything else from that unbiased article. whistling

|

10/9/2019 6:27 AM

I got to where it said MXGP is the pinnacle of motocross. How can it be the pinnacle of motocross without filling every gate at every round?

Both series are equal.

Also at a world level, how do you compete with people putting 100% of their time towards motocross while americans are putting 60% of their time towards supercross? Its 100% vs 40%. Thats the only excuse for losing. IE, theyre better because thats all they do. They should be winning.

|

10/9/2019 6:33 AM

Don't spam mccread's blog here. He does it enough himself.

|

10/9/2019 6:38 AM

kb228 wrote:

I got to where it said MXGP is the pinnacle of motocross. How can it be the pinnacle of motocross without filling every gate ...more

This article is about you, don't you know?

Just stop with the BS excuses. Take it for what it is.
Americans get beat at MX- so what? There has to be a winner and there will be a loser. It doesn't need a list of excuses as to why America is getting beat.

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

10/9/2019 6:48 AM

You have to admit the euros have taken MX to a next level.

|

10/9/2019 6:59 AM

If the American riders didn't show up it would just be another MXGP. The race is as popular as it is because the fans get to see the "top" Americans racing against the top Europeans.

|

10/9/2019 7:02 AM

OK granted if it was USA vs. EU, EU could choose 3 riders from Europe they would probably win, but that's not the competition

Seems like whoever wrote that article has a serious vendetta against USA LOL

|

Braaaaaaaap!!

10/9/2019 7:06 AM

kb228 wrote:

I got to where it said MXGP is the pinnacle of motocross. How can it be the pinnacle of motocross without filling every gate ...more

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

This article is about you, don't you know?

Just stop with the BS excuses. Take it for what it is.
Americans get beat at MX- ...more

Id argue that and say that excuse or reasons youre getting beat need to be looked at to figure out how to win.

Nobody is making an excuse to justify it being ok to lose. Thats weak shit.

|

10/9/2019 7:07 AM

kb228 wrote:

I got to where it said MXGP is the pinnacle of motocross. How can it be the pinnacle of motocross without filling every gate ...more

Gatedrop is nothing but clickbait shit. They know eu vs us article gets a lot of clicks and therefore just keeps on pumping those.

Which is exactly why OP should stop reading them, and especially stop spreading them on one of the biggest mx forums in the world. One might think OP have a hidden agenda and is working with gatedrop with this shit.

But don't come here and state that mxgp and us nationals are equal in same sentence as you say mxgp should be winning because they focus on motocross. They are, and they should. The US riders does a hell of a job beeing as competitive as they are when they focus their efforts on supercross for 9 months of the year. Still doesn't change the fact the mxgp is the pinnacle of motocross.

Also, I thought we were over this discussion already...

|

10/9/2019 7:11 AM

Making excuses and discussing major logistical issues are two different things.

Euros are better at riding wet sand, that is an excuse.

US based rider not wanting to give up their "vacation" time is a logistical issue. This goes for Musquin, Ferrandis, Roczen as well.

US based teams not wanting to foot the bill is a logistical issue. The other teams should stand up on this point as well. The whole even has turned into a cash grab for Luongo.

|

10/9/2019 7:13 AM

kb228 wrote:

I got to where it said MXGP is the pinnacle of motocross. How can it be the pinnacle of motocross without filling every gate ...more

Ray_MXS wrote:

Gatedrop is nothing but clickbait shit. They know eu vs us article gets a lot of clicks and therefore just keeps on pumping ...more

When you look at the pool of talent, both series are equal. Just to be clear.. and youre right, the fact that american riders spend 40% of their time on moto and still run with guys that do it 100% of the time says a lot.

|

10/9/2019 7:14 AM

Holy shit. An article chastising Americans as a whole for making it about US vs Europe, then blathering on about how much betterMXGP is .
Every other sentence made me want to retort in an equally ugly way. But it's so blatantly obvious that no response is really needed.

I will say that when the top young prospects from Europe stop coming to the US every year, and Young riders from the US start heading to MXGP for good rides I will believe the MXGP hype.

Maybe purse money, full gates, races in countries with actual ticket buying fans, would be a good start for the pinnacle MX series. And maybe they should make sure their own world champion can afford to show up oversees for the most important event of the year.

|

10/9/2019 7:18 AM

kb228 wrote:

I got to where it said MXGP is the pinnacle of motocross. How can it be the pinnacle of motocross without filling every gate ...more

Ray_MXS wrote:

Gatedrop is nothing but clickbait shit. They know eu vs us article gets a lot of clicks and therefore just keeps on pumping ...more

kb228 wrote:

When you look at the pool of talent, both series are equal. Just to be clear.. and youre right, the fact that american riders ...more

Photo
|

10/9/2019 7:23 AM

This is headed to at least a 10-pager. Canada can't even manage the Weigandt criteria of "just show up" so I'll stay quiet.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

10/9/2019 7:27 AM

Why post this stupid crap on here?

This guy is a clown.

|

10/9/2019 7:28 AM

kb228 wrote:

I got to where it said MXGP is the pinnacle of motocross. How can it be the pinnacle of motocross without filling every gate ...more

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

This article is about you, don't you know?

Just stop with the BS excuses. Take it for what it is.
Americans get beat at MX- ...more

kb228 wrote:

Id argue that and say that excuse or reasons youre getting beat need to be looked at to figure out how to win.

Nobody is ...more

Sure. If you're going to implement changes to improve your performance. But if you're not (And I suspect nothing is going to change with American sx & MX) then its all merely excuses. Not an analysis, just excuses.

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

10/9/2019 7:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2019 7:31 AM

kb228 wrote:

I got to where it said MXGP is the pinnacle of motocross. How can it be the pinnacle of motocross without filling every gate ...more

Or France can say "Yeah but we have to race and practice 40% of the time on sand tracks" when they lose on hard pack.
It's a never ending argument with no right or wrong.

|

10/9/2019 8:11 AM

kb228 wrote:

I got to where it said MXGP is the pinnacle of motocross. How can it be the pinnacle of motocross without filling every gate ...more

They could fill every gate, but chose not to, and it is not a super priority. It is a world level professional sport. Finishing 20-40 neither adds or remove value to it as a sport.

|

10/9/2019 8:54 AM

kb228 wrote:

I got to where it said MXGP is the pinnacle of motocross. How can it be the pinnacle of motocross without filling every gate ...more

aees wrote:

They could fill every gate, but chose not to, and it is not a super priority. It is a world level professional sport. ...more

Shut up...that is plain stupid.
When was the last time the MXGP series turned riders away; in an effort to keep the gate at 20 of the *best?

|

10/9/2019 9:03 AM

kb228 wrote:

I got to where it said MXGP is the pinnacle of motocross. How can it be the pinnacle of motocross without filling every gate ...more

aees wrote:

They could fill every gate, but chose not to, and it is not a super priority. It is a world level professional sport. ...more

seventeen wrote:

Shut up...that is plain stupid.
When was the last time the MXGP series turned riders away; in an effort to keep the gate at 20 ...more

Your missing the point, why drop fees and fill it up to 40 when every top 20 rider want to have a 30 gate? GP used to have open qualifications, but he value is not there. Go ride EMX instead.

Does not add anything to the racing, just destroys it.

|

10/9/2019 9:18 AM

aees wrote:

Your missing the point, why drop fees and fill it up to 40 when every top 20 rider want to have a 30 gate? GP used to have ...more

It doesn't look great when you have some Chinese local rider putting around the track on an Asiawing 450 though either. Those guys shouldn't line up for the final motos. If there's only 15 riders on the line so be it.

|

10/9/2019 9:31 AM

And Gatetroll does it again....when are you fools gonna stop paying attention what that idiot says? His whole agenda always has been pitting US vs MXGP and he will just make shit up just to get clicks...how anybody goes to that site expecting to read anything truthful is beyond me...by the way how some of you are reacting is exactly why he writes that crap so he can come on here or look from a distance at how he riled everyone up...#GatetrollGeoffJR....

|

“I’m not Swap…”

10/9/2019 10:12 AM

SCR wrote:

Holy shit. An article chastising Americans as a whole for making it about US vs Europe, then blathering on about how much ...more

"I will say that when the top young prospects from Europe stop coming to the US every year"

I must have missed something?

|

I no longer regret my username.


10/9/2019 10:19 AM

I'm not going to click that garbage link.

However as an American, I have no excuses for any of the USA loses at the MXdNs of the past. The races were ran, everyone had the same track, and the winners won. Simple as that. Its a race I love no matter the outcome (aside from injurys) and I am just happy the USA keeps going and racing.

Now I only speak for myself this way, not all America obviously but I feel most are somewhat similar to this. Its just the poor sports, idiots and trolls who give us a bad name. But heck, every country has those.

|

10/9/2019 10:19 AM

SCR wrote:

Holy shit. An article chastising Americans as a whole for making it about US vs Europe, then blathering on about how much ...more

Barrett57 wrote:

"I will say that when the top young prospects from Europe stop coming to the US every year"

I must have missed something?

Is it not fair to say that in recent years there has been a greater influx of riders from overseas to the US than the other way around...when I say overseas I am including Australia, Europe and South Africa...among others.

SCR has a solid point. There was a time when some of the best from the US clamored to get to Europe to seek fame by becoming the *World Champion...those days are gone.

|

10/9/2019 10:21 AM

SCR wrote:

Holy shit. An article chastising Americans as a whole for making it about US vs Europe, then blathering on about how much ...more

Barrett57 wrote:

"I will say that when the top young prospects from Europe stop coming to the US every year"

I must have missed something?

Exactly, that pretty much stopped several years back.

|

10/9/2019 10:28 AM

seventeen wrote:

Is it not fair to say that in recent years there has been a greater influx of riders from overseas to the US than the other ...more

We all remember the time when the top riders would win the mx2 world title (or get close) and move to the USA, it was pretty clear that if you could you'd that's what you'd do, Roczen, Marvin, Searle and Rattray spring to mind. I'm just not sure that it's true anymore, Herlings and Prado haven't gone.

It will be interesting to see if the next big thing (whoever that maybe) follows Herlings and Prado into mxgp or moves to the USA.

|

I no longer regret my username.


10/9/2019 10:38 AM

I don't think supercross is the reason American has lost the past decade...I think the current generation of European riders are just better than the current generation of American riders. In the 90's-early 2000's the American riders were just better than the European riders (remember when guys like Ferry and Tedesco would finish on the podium in their motos, or could start from dead last and ride to the top 5-10...nothing against those guys but they weren't the star factory riders of the day...filler riders on factory teams)...and eventually this current generation of European and American riders will retire...and the pendulum will swing the other way.

I think the general consensus is that the 250 class in America is deeper/faster than the MX2 class (not that there isn't a really fax MX2 rider to two, there are...but not three from any one country), Cooper winning the MX2 qualy is evidence of this...so as the MXGP/450 riders age and retire...and the 250/MX2 riders take their spot...I'm fairly confident that USA will be back on top in the MXdN for a generation or so.

Stop blaming supercross...stop blaming sand...stop blaming the weather...

Lets just admit that the current European riders are better than the current American riders. And that's nothing to be ashamed of...the current MXGP class riders are crazy crazy good! We aren't getting beat by Canada, or Brazil...we are getting beat by some of the best to ever race motocross. No shame in that.

|