alta redshift owner input wanted

Edited Date/Time 11/9/2017 2:19pm
Looking for some input from Alta owners.

Trying to get an idea on how long the battery will actually last on a full charge in real life scenarios.

Toying around with the idea about purchasing one to ride in the woods near my neighborhood.

Altas website says 30 minutes or so of moto, and up to 4 hours in the woods?

Any owners care to report their actual run times during a moto race or just riding around in the woods with buddies, on nasty slow singletrack, etc?

Thanks!!!

|
R.EX
11/9/2017 6:40pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2017 6:44pm
I would consider myself to be a C class vet rider. A 15 minute moto uses about 1/3 of a charge on average. I also have been takin it to a sandy area near my home (think soft deep beach sand) and I can get 30 minutes of ripping around before the low power warning comes on.

When I demoed the bike at an ORV area I rode for about 90 minutes on the trails and still had 1/3 charge remainimg
jasonward73
11/9/2017 6:52pm
These stats are so confusing. It's hard to understand how moto eats up the battery so much more than woods riding.

I race hare scrambles and it's not the intensity of moto but its intense. It's basically a GNCC type race and we are moving.

I think I just have to buy one and see if it makes it.
Zoom
11/9/2017 7:32pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2017 7:35pm
These stats are so confusing. It's hard to understand how moto eats up the battery so much more than woods riding. I race hare scrambles and...
These stats are so confusing. It's hard to understand how moto eats up the battery so much more than woods riding.

I race hare scrambles and it's not the intensity of moto but its intense. It's basically a GNCC type race and we are moving.

The best analogy I can give you is a tank of gas...A heavy load will shorten the time the battery will last. An easy load will lengthen the time the battery will last.

If you ride in tight woods, the battery is going to last the longest. If you ride on a wide open grass track, its going to not last as long.

If you are easy on the throttle, the longer the battery is going to last. If you are hard on the throttle the shorter the battery will last.

Deep sand or mud and long straight aways = shorter time

Tight woods, short straight,not sand or mud = longer time
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
11/9/2017 10:44pm
These stats are so confusing. It's hard to understand how moto eats up the battery so much more than woods riding. I race hare scrambles and...

Ktmworld up here has had some luck with dropping a few teeth on the rear sprocket to get more range. But I still don't think it's gonna last an entire hare scramble, especially not in sand.

The Shop

ben990
11/10/2017 7:57am
My observations are similar to R.EX's. I use a little more than a third of my battery for our local 15 minute vet motos.

I did a few J-Days style races (two 30 minute motos, consisting of field sections, track sections, and wood sections) and I used about two-thirds of my battery.

If I was doing strictly tight woods, I could probably get a little over an hour at a race pace.

I am currently participating in a 4 race end of the year hare scramble series, and my Alta would be my first choice to race, but the races go for 2 hours and change, so I am using my KTM 300 with an oversized tank.
BenSpen33
11/10/2017 2:22pm
The battery lasts longer than I do in the tight woods, probably 2 hours and It’s kind of a track and I do get on the “gas” it does get chewed a lot faster from moto, on map 3 on a sandy track probably 45 to an hour.

Buy one, you’ll love it
jasonward73
11/10/2017 6:19pm
I have no doubt that I’ll love it but if I can’t do the last 30-45mins if the race it’s gonna suck.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
11/10/2017 7:24pm
Did you guys see the photos Keefer posted and looks like a clutch on one of the bikes?
11/10/2017 8:36pm
Did you guys see the photos Keefer posted and looks like a clutch on one of the bikes?
He said it's a trigger lever to quickly change the maps. They were testing it out.

Post a reply to: alta redshift owner input wanted

The Latest