alessi rumor

Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 2:59pm
Got this from racerX...maybe he can get his mojo back.

Looking ahead to summer, there are strong rumors that Mike Alessi will actually ride the 450 outdoors, which should make him very happy.
|
FlaNard
2/19/2011 12:24pm
He should. Hopefully KTM is smart enough to let him ride what he wants either way. I just dont know how happy they will be if Mike starts doing a whole lot better then Short does if Short stays on the 350. Cause I doubt they would let Short switch also. They will force someone to ride the new bike, and even if they do aweful, I think they will be stuck on it. Bailing a couple races in for a 450 would make the 350 look like total shit.
mxb2
2/19/2011 12:27pm
Yea that might be a bad PR move from KTM!
kongols
2/19/2011 12:29pm
mxb2 wrote:
Yea that might be a bad PR move from KTM!
That would be excellent PR. It`s not the bike.
Rooster
2/19/2011 12:35pm
Probably a case of Roger just wanting to shut up the Alessis. Mike won't do shit on the 450 either. Especially if there's nobody else on the bike within the team to handle the set-up and testing of it. The rumours are too numerous about Mike's inability to provide good testing feedback to be completely unfounded.

The Shop

Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
2/19/2011 12:35pm
Dirt_Dawg wrote:
Got this from racerX...maybe he can get his mojo back. Looking ahead to summer, there are strong rumors that Mike Alessi will actually ride the 450...

Looking ahead to summer, there are strong rumors that Mike Alessi will actually ride the 450 outdoors, which should make him very happy.
That would be great for Mike.

I don't get all you guys saying this or that would be a bad PR move and how you think the results affect the sales of the bikes so much. I think that putting any KTM up front helps their image and it is up to YOU to decide what type of bike in their lineup suits YOU.

In offroad, their team rode 2-strokes, 4-strokes, 125's and 450's and did well. Knight even raced the KTM atv. It helps their image of having a competitive lineup and shows how versitile they are.
FlaNard
2/19/2011 12:38pm
Dirt_Dawg wrote:
Got this from racerX...maybe he can get his mojo back. Looking ahead to summer, there are strong rumors that Mike Alessi will actually ride the 450...

Ramrod wrote:
That would be great for Mike. I don't get all you guys saying this or that would be a bad PR move and how you think...
That would be great for Mike.

I don't get all you guys saying this or that would be a bad PR move and how you think the results affect the sales of the bikes so much. I think that putting any KTM up front helps their image and it is up to YOU to decide what type of bike in their lineup suits YOU.

In offroad, their team rode 2-strokes, 4-strokes, 125's and 450's and did well. Knight even raced the KTM atv. It helps their image of having a competitive lineup and shows how versitile they are.
I just think we will be hearing a lot of "Since making the jump from the 350..." in regards to Mike. But you might be right, any KTM doing well may be enough to help them out. I think that all depends on how good Short looks on the 350. If he is getting killed on it all season long, I think that hurts them.
MOTODAD422
2/19/2011 1:05pm
FlaNard wrote:
He should. Hopefully KTM is smart enough to let him ride what he wants either way. I just dont know how happy they will be if...
He should. Hopefully KTM is smart enough to let him ride what he wants either way. I just dont know how happy they will be if Mike starts doing a whole lot better then Short does if Short stays on the 350. Cause I doubt they would let Short switch also. They will force someone to ride the new bike, and even if they do aweful, I think they will be stuck on it. Bailing a couple races in for a 450 would make the 350 look like total shit.
Why would it look like total shit. The 350 is at a 100cc and about 8 HP. disadvantage. The 350 has its place for vet riders that don't want a full on 450.
FlaNard
2/19/2011 1:09pm
FlaNard wrote:
He should. Hopefully KTM is smart enough to let him ride what he wants either way. I just dont know how happy they will be if...
MOTODAD422 wrote:
Why would it look like total shit. The 350 is at a 100cc and about 8 HP. disadvantage. The 350 has its place for vet riders...
Why would it look like total shit. The 350 is at a 100cc and about 8 HP. disadvantage. The 350 has its place for vet riders that don't want a full on 450.
I agree that it would be a fun bike to ride, Im just saying that if Short rides around looking obviously underpowered and struggles all summer long, it wont sell alot of 350's. You have vet riders who would love the bike, and alot of people who just ride for fun, but then you have the group that only buys what will give them the best chance of being the fast guy at the local track. That is why the 450's took over. Slow guys didnt have to try hard to go fast, and they had a new found advantage over the 250's. I cant see those guys paying all that money for something that is going to make them have to learn to ride a little bit again.
dunn2500
2/19/2011 1:27pm
they will place the same, doesnt matter what bike..............short holeshooted 450 motos all summer long and faded back to 6th w/o JS,RV,TC,CR so figure he will be a 10th place rider.........alessi has some mental issues right now
dunn2500
2/19/2011 1:28pm
FlaNard wrote:
MOTODAD422 wrote:
Why would it look like total shit. The 350 is at a 100cc and about 8 HP. disadvantage. The 350 has its place for vet riders...
that is exactly who the bike is built for...........nothing in pro racing will effect its sales
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
2/19/2011 1:28pm
FlaNard wrote:
I agree that it would be a fun bike to ride, Im just saying that if Short rides around looking obviously underpowered and struggles all summer...
I agree that it would be a fun bike to ride, Im just saying that if Short rides around looking obviously underpowered and struggles all summer long, it wont sell alot of 350's. You have vet riders who would love the bike, and alot of people who just ride for fun, but then you have the group that only buys what will give them the best chance of being the fast guy at the local track. That is why the 450's took over. Slow guys didnt have to try hard to go fast, and they had a new found advantage over the 250's. I cant see those guys paying all that money for something that is going to make them have to learn to ride a little bit again.
Not to get into this pissing match, but most of the fastest guys I see at our local tracks are usually younger kids riding 250Fs. The riders on 450's for the most part are older Vet riders with big-dick/little-dick syndrome and think if they don't ride a 450, they're wives won't love them. On a local level non-pro, displacement doesn't mean diddly. I have a 350 and love it. I also have a 250 and love it. I've had 450s and didn't care much for them - granted it was a few years ago and the bikes have changed since then.

But to think at the local level with local non-pro riders that the difference between a 350 and a 450 is a bigger advantage than the rider themself, you're crazy.
Ing
2/19/2011 1:36pm
FlaNard wrote:
MOTODAD422 wrote:
dunn2500 wrote:
that is exactly who the bike is built for...........nothing in pro racing will effect its sales
Caroli might disagree with you.
Ddavis
2/19/2011 1:44pm
Good, maybe he can win a title finally. 2009 really was his year, nobody could touch him.
mx295
2/19/2011 1:45pm
Since this is supposed to be his last year on his KTM contract. Don't be surprised to see him on blue next year..I'm just sayin'
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
2/19/2011 1:47pm
I Think putting him on the 450 seems like a good idea , try something different rather than do nothing at all , at the very least maybe it will give him some confidence !
Ddavis
2/19/2011 1:50pm
mx295 wrote:
Since this is supposed to be his last year on his KTM contract. Don't be surprised to see him on blue next year..I'm just sayin'
JGR I hope, that would be a good move.
mxb2
2/19/2011 1:53pm
mx295 wrote:
He s running out of options., only kawy and yamaha left?
WhKnuckle
2/19/2011 1:57pm
I wish it wasn't even news. He's a KTM factory rider, and so is Short, why does it even become an issue about which KTM he's riding? Whether it's the 350, the 450 or even the 250SX, why does it become a controversy, except for KTM's marketing?

Heck, one of KTM's guys in the GPs was riding the 450 and it was no big deal. If anything, KTM should be jazzed that they can offer their riders so many options. It shows their versatility and innovation, not a weakness.
Mr. G
2/19/2011 2:09pm
Nothing spells PR like winning. If the 450 works better for MA then let him ride it for Gods sake.
R-acer
2/19/2011 2:17pm
Dirt_Dawg wrote:

I was hoping the rumor was him heading to a different team, but the next best thing would be him riding the 450.... so if that is really true, I'll be happy for him.
Highsider
2/19/2011 2:42pm
Mike will tear up the Nats on a KTM450.
Faceaz
2/19/2011 3:26pm
FlaNard wrote:
MOTODAD422 wrote:
FlaNard wrote:
I agree that it would be a fun bike to ride, Im just saying that if Short rides around looking obviously underpowered and struggles all summer...
I believe all of the team will be on 350's or 450's. RDs biggest challenge is acquiring data / settings for the bikes. Running the 350 & 450 means that times 2 & a much bigger challenge. The team is too young and lack experience with the bikes to decide they can co-develop 3 different bikes. I think the team will choose what bike to focus on & put the whole team on it. Like RD said in his last interview, they chose the 350 for supercross & it's too late to think about a change.
Taylor156
2/19/2011 3:31pm
mx295 wrote:
Heard the same thing can't wait to get off the orange bike and onto blue, rode his brothers and loved it says the birdy in the high desert
Sherwood
2/19/2011 3:35pm
MOTODAD422 wrote:
dunn2500 wrote:
Ing wrote:
Caroli might disagree with you.
He's on a works bike
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3116th
2/19/2011 3:46pm
I don't understand why it'd be a "bad PR move". I figured most anyone who watches Motocross and Supercross at least knows that the brand Bike that the guys are on are absolutely nothing like the stock version. Who the hell would or wouldn't buy a 350 (or any bike for that matter) based on how well the extremely modified version of it does in pro racing? Besides privateers or guys who race heavily..

Maybe it's just me who feels that way...
burnside
2/19/2011 3:54pm
He's already WON races on the bike. Go figure.
dunn2500
2/19/2011 5:06pm
Highsider wrote:
Mike will tear up the Nats on a KTM450.
so you really think it is more bike than rider?...............lol.........cairoli won 2009 on a yz450 and 2010 on a 350sxf, just goes to show that the top rider is always the top rider

alessi had his little window, that is over now.....450/350 doesnt matter he will get smoked again outdoors

Post a reply to: alessi rumor

The Latest