Zach's move on Forkner

Motofinne
2/19/2018 2:32am
Francis377 wrote:
I dont care if you are a Zach fan or not but there has always been a clear double standard when it comes to Zach and...
I dont care if you are a Zach fan or not but there has always been a clear double standard when it comes to Zach and being his age in the 250 class .
I dont care, these guys have to make a living so imo he should ride whatever bike he can get paid for. What makes me mad is that so many guys bash Davalos while nothing is said about Osborne. I sometimes think that a lot of peole on vital have no real life friends to talk moto with and get their fix on the internet. So many here seem to just be of the same opinion as Matthes is on Pulp (because then your cool and an insider ) so they ran in to the problem where per Matthes they had been hating on Davalos for years and now they have to change the narrative for Zach who is doing the same thing.

Besides the point, but im pretty sute Davalos will ride the 450 better
Spot on.

I have no problem with older guys racing 250s, in fact i want to see that class open to everyone. Remove all the pointing out rules and remove the age rules in the GPs. We can't afford to limit job opportunities like this.

My problem with case Osborne is like you mention the double standard. He turned pro in 2005(?) and he is still racing on a 250 in a class with half of the 250 racers. Then add to the equation that he is the reigning champ! Just imagine if this would be Davalos.

Zach is a good dude and it has nothing to do with him. But i really, really dislike the double standard that people have.
danman
2/19/2018 6:51am
I'm not a big Zach fan and I think he and Davalos should have been 'promoted' long ago. It's obvious what Zach does though. He wins by intimidation and flat out speed.
If you watch, he is much faster than all but a couple, but he is normally the fastest out there. Rather than just pass them and try to run away, he give them a bit of a nudge, sometimes more, letting them know not to retaliate. Then, he just flat out runs away.
There are many that seem to like the contact when passing. It draws the most attention because he's out front more often than not.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
2/19/2018 6:56am
Back to the original topic...

Doesn't look dirty to me or nearly as hard as forkner described it. Plenty of other riders got taken out MUCH harder in that same corner and no one is complaining about it.
Frodad78
2/19/2018 6:57am
Zack is in everyones head, including half of Vital.

The guys races like Hannah, everyone in front of him is potentially taking money out of his pocket.

He saw a top contender in front of him and took an opportunity.

Like it or not the dude is a savage.

The Shop

BobbyM
2/19/2018 6:57am
lumpy790 wrote:
Lets see green bike cuts left colliding with others starting the bowling strike but its the white bike that gets blamed. Hard to see it but...
Lets see green bike cuts left colliding with others starting the bowling strike but its the white bike that gets blamed.

Hard to see it but he ran them into the side of the landing jump.

kkawboy14 wrote:
In all fairness, the red bike was the first to start turning left into the green bike, forcing the green bike to turn left also
hamncheeze wrote:
The guy on the white bike (Osby) gets 100% of the blame because he is way back. Marty (green bike) starts to move to the inside...
The guy on the white bike (Osby) gets 100% of the blame because he is way back. Marty (green bike) starts to move to the inside because he is in front and in control of things. Osby has only one option. Chop the throttle, brake and go around the inside. I still can't believe a guy who's raced SX before and has a lot of AX experience would make such a dumb decision.

Honestly, I wonder if some people defending Osby have ever started a motocross race?
Poosey is what you are, please take up golf you mouthbreathing simp
tingo
2/19/2018 7:02am
I don't care about ZO's age, but do want to see someone put him on the ground, over a berm, into a net, etc. That's not to say I want to see him hurt, just humbled. Call it "racing forward" if you want (he did win the race, after all), but if you're going to dish out super-aggressive passes on numerous dudes, you damn well deserve it back. Happy to see Forkner isn't willing to be the Musquin of the 250E class.
lumpy790
2/19/2018 7:52am
Dmcc wrote:
Well it s the truth. Peick cleaned musquin out last nite as well straight up dirty move. To my knowledge nobody complaining about that
WP40 was doing what ever he had to do to win the heat race
Freddie
2/19/2018 9:02am
From the 250 highlight video looks like there is some additional footage that wasn't shown on TV. Hard to tell from this angle but looks like it was a pretty aggressive pass and contact was made to make Forkner fall like that. It's at about the :39 sec mark

https://youtu.be/1yDmFK_AMu8
hamncheeze
2/19/2018 9:14am
So yeah, Zach was aggressive on Forkner but not that bad. Nothing like Smitty on JMart. Regardless, someone on the PC Kawi team needs to park Osborne just to draw a line in the sand.
BobbyM
2/19/2018 9:27am
hamncheeze wrote:
So yeah, Zach was aggressive on Forkner but not that bad. Nothing like Smitty on JMart. Regardless, someone on the PC Kawi team needs to park...
So yeah, Zach was aggressive on Forkner but not that bad. Nothing like Smitty on JMart. Regardless, someone on the PC Kawi team needs to park Osborne just to draw a line in the sand.
Yer an idiot, are you Russian? Is falta yer enemy?
TeamGreen
2/19/2018 9:34am
If Austin has a problem with Zach, he’ll let Zach know.
iBobbyb
2/19/2018 9:41am
Just so I have this straight, Chad Reed beats riders who are younger than him and is praised but when Davalos and Osborne do it, who...
Just so I have this straight, Chad Reed beats riders who are younger than him and is praised but when Davalos and Osborne do it, who are really not that much younger than Chad, they are criticized for it? I understand it's two different classes but it's just funny to me how Zachos age is brought up as a benefit to him but then Chads age is considered to be a detriment. Which is it? Does being older help or hinder a rider?

are you serious? if you dont know the difference there than wow. the 250 class is a stepping stone class. to get your feet wet in pro racing. davalos has 80+ starts, and is passed his prime and still racing in the stepping stone class against kids.. reed is in the premier class racing men in their prime.
jeffro503
2/19/2018 9:45am
Freddie wrote:
From the 250 highlight video looks like there is some additional footage that wasn't shown on TV. Hard to tell from this angle but looks like...
From the 250 highlight video looks like there is some additional footage that wasn't shown on TV. Hard to tell from this angle but looks like it was a pretty aggressive pass and contact was made to make Forkner fall like that. It's at about the :39 sec mark

https://youtu.be/1yDmFK_AMu8
I just re-watched that about 10 times......and call me crazy , but I would say that first turn wreck was mostly on Marty himself. He cuts over extremely hard to the left , and very fast. Osby was pinned and no where to go. You need to cut over to take a good line around the corner , but that was way to abrupt in my eyes. He gave those guys behind him absolutely no chance to slow down.
2/19/2018 10:58am
iBobbyb wrote:
are you serious? if you dont know the difference there than wow. the 250 class is a stepping stone class. to get your feet wet in...
are you serious? if you dont know the difference there than wow. the 250 class is a stepping stone class. to get your feet wet in pro racing. davalos has 80+ starts, and is passed his prime and still racing in the stepping stone class against kids.. reed is in the premier class racing men in their prime.
So you're saying Hampshire, Forkner, Ferrandis, Martin, Smith and Nichols who have all podiumed or won professional races are just trying to get their feet wet in pro racing?

My whole point was age obviously doesn't really matter that much but I'm sure that went over your head.
4rings
2/19/2018 11:25am
Lot of kawisaki fan girls on Vital.

No comments on forkner aiming for hampshire the first few laps of the 250 heat race?

Osborne is doing his jobs bringing home the main event wins.

IWreckALot
2/19/2018 11:36am
4rings wrote:
Lot of kawisaki fan girls on Vital. No comments on forkner aiming for hampshire the first few laps of the 250 heat race? Osborne is doing...

No comments on forkner aiming for hampshire the first few laps of the 250 heat race?

RV had some real doozy fans. I'm trying to figure out what is different about these kawasaki fan girls and why the other brands don't seem to have over the top fans that like to belittle other riders and cry foul at every turn to make their points. Hell, I like Tomac, liked RV, and like Forkner. But when they don't win, it's kinda fun to see the butthurt from the sissy posters.
mxjon454
2/19/2018 12:24pm
Dmcc wrote:
Double standard he mma d friese for same thing I guess it s if your on the giving or receiving end to call it dirty. If...
Double standard he mma d friese for same thing I guess it s if your on the giving or receiving end to call it dirty. If you don t like it done to you don t do it to other people. Just sayin
Friese kept messing with him and cutting him off in the whoops and over jumps all through that heat race, then did it again and thats why Pieck lost his cool. Pieck took the line away from Musquin and Musquin cut down into Pieck, i dont think Musquin knew he was there. Pieck and Friese situation is a lot different from the Pieck and Musquin deal.
peelout
2/19/2018 1:07pm
Forkner came from way back to finish 7th. that's the important part, bros.

and ZO was aggressive as fuck. i'm fine with aggressive, but he keeps riding like that and it's going to come back to him.
chuck317
2/19/2018 1:11pm
jj welks wrote:
It's just as ridiculous to talk about Zacko in 250s as Davalos you clown... You obv have no idea what kind of hole he pulled him...
It's just as ridiculous to talk about Zacko in 250s as Davalos you clown... You obv have no idea what kind of hole he pulled him self out of in Europe
Zycki11 wrote:
Lol who gives a shit... When you compare the two you really think going to europe and finding a grove and then coming back is more...
Lol who gives a shit... When you compare the two you really think going to europe and finding a grove and then coming back is more impressive then coming from Ecuador? The clown show is zach who is fucking old and everybody thinks the guy is the next Jesus. Go take your meds and play with legos/
why the hate for zac? I think maybe you need the meds
kkawboy14
2/19/2018 1:16pm
4rings wrote:
Lot of kawisaki fan girls on Vital. No comments on forkner aiming for hampshire the first few laps of the 250 heat race? Osborne is doing...

I’m a kawasaki guy: so I’ll agree with you! Forkner trying to punt the red bike was good racing.
TeamGreen
2/19/2018 1:20pm
peelout wrote:
Forkner came from way back to finish 7th. that's the important part, bros. and ZO was aggressive as fuck. i'm fine with aggressive, but he keeps...
Forkner came from way back to finish 7th. that's the important part, bros.

and ZO was aggressive as fuck. i'm fine with aggressive, but he keeps riding like that and it's going to come back to him.
Aggressive?
Shiiiiit!
Ain’t nuthin’ but a G-thang, baby!
JB 19
2/19/2018 8:17pm
Katoomey wrote:
the more all the little cupcakes talk about dirty riding, the more I want it to happen, especially to the riders who's fans complain the most...
the more all the little cupcakes talk about dirty riding, the more I want it to happen, especially to the riders who's fans complain the most.

I had nothing against Forkner before this thread. Now I hope he gets punted into the cheap seats...
If I was Mitch I would have a bounty on Zach's front wheel. I have nothing against riding aggressive, but what comes around goes around.....or should. That's how it stops.
potatoflake
2/20/2018 7:37am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2018 7:38am
Zacho is a grandpa that steals candy from babies by smashing them into the dirt. No surprise.
Must be a white bike thing, Anderson can’t pass anyone without contact to save his life either it seems like
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
2/20/2018 7:42am
4rings wrote:

GASP!

But, but, they're totally different things. One pass was for points in the main event and the other was in the first laps of a heat race....oh wait.
Johnny Ringo
2/20/2018 8:38am
Forkner was 8 when Zach turned pro.

Zach has been pro longer than Honda has been discontinuing two strokes. Yet here he is in the little bike class working teenagers over.
davistld01
2/20/2018 10:06am
tingo wrote:
I don't care about ZO's age, but do want to see someone put him on the ground, over a berm, into a net, etc. That's not...
I don't care about ZO's age, but do want to see someone put him on the ground, over a berm, into a net, etc. That's not to say I want to see him hurt, just humbled. Call it "racing forward" if you want (he did win the race, after all), but if you're going to dish out super-aggressive passes on numerous dudes, you damn well deserve it back. Happy to see Forkner isn't willing to be the Musquin of the 250E class.
That's kinda like I'd like to see happen to his teammate Anderson. I don't want to see anybody hurt at all, but as many times as JA21 has clipped the front end away from other riders simply because they were hindering his smooth run to the front...he definately has it coming.

That said, one side of me is proud of Zach for what he's had to overcome from his days in the GP's...another side agrees that he needs to calm it down a hair, and get to the big show as fast as he can.
Matthes
2/20/2018 10:11am
Francis377 wrote:
I dont care if you are a Zach fan or not but there has always been a clear double standard when it comes to Zach and...
I dont care if you are a Zach fan or not but there has always been a clear double standard when it comes to Zach and being his age in the 250 class .
I dont care, these guys have to make a living so imo he should ride whatever bike he can get paid for. What makes me mad is that so many guys bash Davalos while nothing is said about Osborne. I sometimes think that a lot of peole on vital have no real life friends to talk moto with and get their fix on the internet. So many here seem to just be of the same opinion as Matthes is on Pulp (because then your cool and an insider ) so they ran in to the problem where per Matthes they had been hating on Davalos for years and now they have to change the narrative for Zach who is doing the same thing.

Besides the point, but im pretty sute Davalos will ride the 450 better
As I've stated over and over, ZO's case is, to me, a lot different than Marty because Zach didn't race SX for a number of years. He's got somewhere around half of Davalos career starts in 250SX. He's also got less than Decotis and A Mart I believe.

So to me, it's not the same as Marty. He wasn't racing SX for years. Age doesn't matter, it's years racing in the class and I don't count ZO's time racing MX in Europe. After all, the 250MX class here is wide open for age/experience.
DoctorJD
2/20/2018 10:18am
4rings wrote:

Did you see what Hampshire did to him on the first lap? That would explain it.

As far as ZO, he's an aggressive rider, that's his style. I didn't have any issue with the move he put on JS last year in Vegas for the championship. Two corners to go, championship on the line? Hell yea, you gotta make that move. Here's the deal though: If you live by the sword, you die by the sword. I don't want to hear shit from ZO when the PC boys start returning the favor.
TDeath21
2/20/2018 10:32am
Let’s also not forget cleaning out Cianciarulo in PRACTICE last year and injuring his knee.
tingo
2/20/2018 10:53am
tingo wrote:
I don't care about ZO's age, but do want to see someone put him on the ground, over a berm, into a net, etc. That's not...
davistld01 wrote:
That's kinda like I'd like to see happen to his teammate Anderson. I don't want to see anybody hurt at all, but as many times as...
That's kinda like I'd like to see happen to his teammate Anderson. I don't want to see anybody hurt at all, but as many times as JA21 has clipped the front end away from other riders simply because they were hindering his smooth run to the front...he definately has it coming.

That said, one side of me is proud of Zach for what he's had to overcome from his days in the GP's...another side agrees that he needs to calm it down a hair, and get to the big show as fast as he can.
I'm with you on Anderson. He too, has a well-earned punting coming his way. He even joked about it in the SD post-race presser with Marvin (not that the new punching bag of the 450 class will do anything about it.)

Post a reply to: Zach's move on Forkner

The Latest