Zach Out (for the summer), Nicoletti In at Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna

Related:
Create New Tag

6/6/2018 10:12 AM

ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING’S ZACH OSBORNE OUT FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON

PHIL NICOLETTI TO FILL IN FOR THE TEAM ABOARD THE FC 450 ROCKSTAR EDITION

Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Zach Osborne is out for the remainder of the 2018 Pro Motocross season. The disappointment of this announcement comes after Osborne was involved in a first turn pile-up during the start of Moto Two at the Thunder Valley National this past weekend in Lakewood, Colorado. He sustained a shoulder injury, torn labrum, which will require surgery. Recovery time needed extends past the current 2018 motocross season. We expect Osborne to make a successful recovery and cannot wait to see him back on the track!

Zach Osborne: “I am extremely bummed to say the least. This fourth consecutive championship aboard the FC 250 was one that I wanted bad. It’s almost surreal that it has come to an end, but I know everything happens for a reason. I’ll use this time to prepare mentally and physically for the challenge of my first year in the 450 class. I am excited to get my recovery started and move onto the next step of my career!

In the midst of having two injured 450 riders, Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory racing would like to announce that Phil Nicoletti will be filling in aboard the FC 450 Rockstar Edition, for the remainder of the Pro Motocross season. Nicoletti comes to the team with thirty top-ten finishes in his Pro Motocross racing career.

Phil Nicoletti: “I am happy to have the opportunity to finish out the Pro Motocross season with the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing team. I look forward to getting on the bike and showing everyone what I have. Thank you to everyone backing me, see you at the High Point National!”

Bobby Hewitt, Team Manager: “It has been a devastating week for all of us here on the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing team. Losing Zach for the remainder of the season is unfortunate but he will be back, just as strong as ever. We are excited to have Phil for the rest of the Pro Motocross races and know he will mesh well with the team.”

|

6/6/2018 10:15 AM

Time to get filthy!

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

6/6/2018 10:15 AM

Bummed for Zacho, pumped for Filthy.

|

Contact Me

Instagram (@gdawson243)

Snapchat: gdawson2

6/6/2018 10:19 AM

hope he kills it. has the juice for starts now.

|

6/6/2018 10:21 AM

Totally bummed for Zach, but so stoked for Phil! Curious to see if his results improve at all or stays the same.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

6/6/2018 10:26 AM

Man, this is like a really bad movie for Husky. Wilson, Anderson, now Osborne down.

So no problem for Phil to jump off of Autotrader?

http://racerxonline.com/2018/05/02/phil-nicoletti-to-race-select-rounds-of-pro-motocross-with-autotraderyoshimura-suzuki

|

6/6/2018 10:29 AM

Wow. That was quick. Phil had no energy drink conflicts, so no shock there.

|

6/6/2018 10:36 AM

WOW, i didnt expect Phil leaving JGR. I mean i get it especially if it means a ride for the rest of the season, just he's been pretty loyal to JGR. Hope it turns into something for him

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

6/6/2018 10:36 AM

No 4-peat for anyone in the history of the 250 class once again.

|

6/6/2018 10:38 AM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Man, this is like a really bad movie for Husky. Wilson, Anderson, now Osborne down.

So no problem for Phil to jump off of ...more

I was wondering about that too. He's contracted with JGR so I'm assuming they had to part ways for him to take the Husky ride but I'm not sure since he has a pretty unique deal with JGR. Hopefully it doesn't screw him over come October when trying to find a ride.

Who knows maybe his contract allows him to go fill in for other teams since he's not riding outdoirs fulltime for JGR.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/6/2018 10:41 AM

Why is Vital a hour behind Facebook? Maybe I am getting my news from the right source ?

What a shame for Zach. Healthy he is the class of the field and with such short careers these guys can use all the championship bonuses they can get

|

6/6/2018 10:42 AM

Un-o-verse?

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/6/2018 10:51 AM

KennyT wrote:

Why is Vital a hour behind Facebook? Maybe I am getting my news from the right source ?

What a shame for Zach. Healthy he is ...more

PR just came across, someone must have gotten the info direct front Zach or someone in the team first. We try to be ahead, but we can take nail it everytime.

|

6/6/2018 10:53 AM

Johnny Depp wrote:

So no problem for Phil to jump off of ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I was wondering about that too. He's contracted with JGR so I'm assuming they had to part ways for him to take the Husky ride ...more

Juston Bogle is back to riding and I wouldn’t be surprised if he races High Point, meaning Phil’s full-in there would have been done. Plus, the team is awesome to him and would let him out a race or two early for a deal with Husky that will allow him to race the final nine rounds uninterrupted.

|

6/6/2018 10:55 AM

Must be really bad. Had that surgery 10 years ago. It's was a quick recovery, took me less than a month to get 80-90% range back. Probably another couple months for that last 10%, but I was being super lazy about my PT.

|

James

6/6/2018 10:56 AM

Karma - Zach takes out Savagty to win a Champioship and loses a Championship by getting taken out by the same guy.

Happy Healing, Zach.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

6/6/2018 10:57 AM

Racer111 wrote:

Karma - Zach takes out Savagty to win a Champioship and loses a Championship by getting taken out by the same guy.

Happy ...more

Major facepalm post...

|

6/6/2018 10:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2018 11:00 AM

Racer111 wrote:

Happy ...more

wanted to say this, but figured ML would just clip it anyway because words hurt.

though, i do think Zacko was partially responsible, as he abruptly deviated to get around the rider in front of him.

maybe he DID consider this, but a master would have taken into account the fact that Savage was starting from the outside and hungry AF when switching lines like he did. 20/20 hindsight and all, but somewhat of a sophmoric decision IMHO.

|

6/6/2018 11:00 AM

Philtys deal with JGR this year was weird.

I'm happy that he has a legit ride for the rest of the season.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

6/6/2018 11:04 AM

milliebays wrote:

wanted to say this, but figured ML would just clip it anyway because words hurt.

though, i do think Zacko was partially ...more

Savatgys mom?

|

6/6/2018 11:20 AM

milliebays wrote:

Brilliant analysis

|

Might order a pizza, take a nap, doesn't really matter.

6/6/2018 11:21 AM

Racer111 wrote:

Happy ...more

ML512 wrote:

Major facepalm post...

Quite possibly a quadruple face palm

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

6/6/2018 11:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2018 11:45 AM

I hope with every ounce of my soul that Phil proceeds to stomp on every JGR rider....

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

6/6/2018 11:28 AM

Super bummed for Zach.

But super stoked for Phil.

|

6/6/2018 11:31 AM

Damn! I audibly said "What?!" when I read this headline. That is such a bummer for Zacho, hope he heals up quick and back to 100%. So excited for Phil, though! That being said...

Our chances at the home des Nations race is looking more and more grim...

|

6/6/2018 11:35 AM

Racer111 wrote:

Happy ...more

milliebays wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

Savatgys mom?

huh? i don't like either one of them very much. just making an observation. same one that Jason Thomas made on Zacko's line choice.

|

6/6/2018 11:38 AM

Man bummed for Zach. Was looking forward to watching jmart and him battle for this championship. But so pumped for Phil he deserves it. Would be cool to see him podium

|

6/6/2018 11:46 AM

Wonder how tough to transfer to a husky from suzuki.

|

6/6/2018 11:48 AM

It would be Really Cool if they picked up Enzo Lopes
Also to fill in on Zacks bike
If JGR let's him go

|

6/6/2018 11:51 AM

Apparently MFGs beginning with an "H" are cursed? Honda, Husky, Hodaka? None of them can field a starting team for very long it seems.

|