Zach Osbourne retired?

Edited Date/Time 10/5/2021 3:03pm
Just listening to The moto 60 show today and they said he was done?
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/26/2021 2:40pm
WOPR.
yzf162
8/26/2021 2:43pm
Yeah his back is done for. It's a shame but at the same time he's had a great career. Came back from nothing to winning 4 titles.

The Shop

mb60
8/26/2021 2:46pm
So RJ Hampshire on a 450 next year ????
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
8/26/2021 2:47pm
Husky has some money to spend. Anderson zach and maybe wilson all gone.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
8/26/2021 3:48pm
I don't think we've heard anything on Wilson yet and I don't know if confirmed yet, but Mookie is supposed to be on a Husky next year. And I think RJ is moving up. Just from bits and pieces I've seen...
xrmark
8/26/2021 3:49pm
They’ve spent it lol
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
8/26/2021 4:04pm
Some things need to be worked out before it will be announced.
Bacon_n_Egg'r
Fantasy
1740th
8/26/2021 4:14pm
Super bummed that Zacho is going out this way. His story was great, struggle bus in the USA, exiled to Europe, back to the USA and finally putting it all together with Aldon. I really wish he could have another 2-3 years of 450 class.
chasetwo79
8/26/2021 4:18pm
Press516 wrote:
I don't think we've heard anything on Wilson yet and I don't know if confirmed yet, but Mookie is supposed to be on a Husky next...
I don't think we've heard anything on Wilson yet and I don't know if confirmed yet, but Mookie is supposed to be on a Husky next year. And I think RJ is moving up. Just from bits and pieces I've seen...
I haven’t heard the RJ rumor yet. That’s interesting. I think he’s the kind of rider that could benefit from moving up.
8/26/2021 4:19pm
If it is true, what a great career
I loved the story of how he went from a hot amateur, to having to go to Europe, lot's of cool stories from that time, he relished the experience rather than whining about it, earned a good ride back in the US. Won a bunch of championships, including a 450 national championship.

Best of all he always came across as a really nice guy, and a genuine moto enthusiast.
Sully
8/26/2021 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2021 4:24pm
I'd be surprised if they got rid of Deano. They can't be paying him too much, and they get tons of exposure on his social media channels (750k on IG and 250k on the 'Choob). And, he's been getting decent results for having EBV.
skeef
Fantasy
1407th
8/26/2021 4:26pm
Press516 wrote:
I don't think we've heard anything on Wilson yet and I don't know if confirmed yet, but Mookie is supposed to be on a Husky next...
chasetwo79 wrote:
I haven’t heard the RJ rumor yet. That’s interesting. I think he’s the kind of rider that could benefit from moving up.
Uh yeah because a guy that thrashes a 250 magically will settle down and tame a 450. But if history has told us anything about fast guys that crash in the 250 class, is that they continue to crash in 450's.
visser62
8/26/2021 4:40pm
skeef wrote:
Uh yeah because a guy that thrashes a 250 magically will settle down and tame a 450. But if history has told us anything about fast...
Uh yeah because a guy that thrashes a 250 magically will settle down and tame a 450. But if history has told us anything about fast guys that crash in the 250 class, is that they continue to crash in 450's.
Not necessarily. I think some guys settle down on the 450 because of the extra weight and the inability to throw it around as easily.
LKHill
8/26/2021 4:48pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2021 5:09am
Wilson will be back after the job he did for Webb. The Big Pit Boss in Austria loves that kind of stuff. Marv is still getting paid for the one he did for Dungey.
Sorry to see Zacko hang it up.
8/26/2021 4:49pm
skeef wrote:
Uh yeah because a guy that thrashes a 250 magically will settle down and tame a 450. But if history has told us anything about fast...
His weekly race vlogs are the best! He's got so much personality and charisma. I hope he keeps his ride. There are certain intangibles beyond race results that bring value to a team and Deano has them in spades
DonM
8/26/2021 6:38pm
Press516 wrote:
Mookie is already riding the Husky done deal….now as far as RJ….nah not yet…
tek14
8/26/2021 11:24pm
Press516 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Mookie is already riding the Husky done deal….now as far as RJ….nah not yet…
Why Mookie cant post any riding content.. does he have to wait october 1 also like others even he is not with Star Yamaha anymore?
hubbardmx50
8/27/2021 12:12am
Husky should pick up Hartranft or Anstie if this is true. Or Schock
Snapper
8/27/2021 3:27am
Sully wrote:
I'd be surprised if they got rid of Deano. They can't be paying him too much, and they get tons of exposure on his social media...
I'd be surprised if they got rid of Deano. They can't be paying him too much, and they get tons of exposure on his social media channels (750k on IG and 250k on the 'Choob). And, he's been getting decent results for having EBV.
I just watched his Budds Creek vlog. He went from last (first turn crash) in race two to ninth! Keen to see what he can do this weekend with some good starts.
8/27/2021 3:29am
skeef wrote:
visser62 wrote:
Not necessarily. I think some guys settle down on the 450 because of the extra weight and the inability to throw it around as easily.
Name one. If a guy can’t win a title on the small bike, he won’t win one on the big bike. I guess if they get him cheap enough and they are looking for a guy that can bring home an occasional podium in between his crashes, RJ is their guy. Moving RJ up still leaves Husky without a title contender in any class next year.
keinz
8/27/2021 4:03am
skeef wrote:
visser62 wrote:
Name one. If a guy can’t win a title on the small bike, he won’t win one on the big bike. I guess if they get...
Name one. If a guy can’t win a title on the small bike, he won’t win one on the big bike. I guess if they get him cheap enough and they are looking for a guy that can bring home an occasional podium in between his crashes, RJ is their guy. Moving RJ up still leaves Husky without a title contender in any class next year.
Febvre
8/27/2021 4:47am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2021 4:50am
visser62 wrote:
Name one. If a guy can’t win a title on the small bike, he won’t win one on the big bike. I guess if they get...
keinz wrote:
Febvre
Sorry. I’m referring to the AMA series (where RJ races) where the discussion involves both Supercross and Motocross and excludes works bikes. In Supercross, if a rider has a hard time holding onto a 250 long enough to win a title, chances are that he won’t be strong enough to do so on a faster bike in a series that is twice as long.
I really don’t follow the GP Series at all. Was Febvre a win it or bin it type rider on 250s before he moved up?
Johnny Ringo
8/27/2021 4:50am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2021 4:51am
skeef wrote:
visser62 wrote:
Stanton, Larocco
8/27/2021 5:06am
visser62 wrote:
Stanton, Larocco
Stanton never even contested the 125 series as I recall, and I don’t remember LaRocco having a reputation as an inconsistent win it or bin it style 125cc racer before moving up to the 250s. Neither one of those riders had a track record like RJ does.
Johnny Ringo
8/27/2021 5:34am
Stanton, Larocco
Stanton never even contested the 125 series as I recall, and I don’t remember LaRocco having a reputation as an inconsistent win it or bin it...
Stanton never even contested the 125 series as I recall, and I don’t remember LaRocco having a reputation as an inconsistent win it or bin it style 125cc racer before moving up to the 250s. Neither one of those riders had a track record like RJ does.
Oh, sorry you didn’t like my answer to your question. You’ve now added specifics that only apply to RJ, so it’s an impossible question to answer
USA
Fantasy
507th
8/27/2021 5:47am
Stanton, Larocco
Stanton never even contested the 125 series as I recall, and I don’t remember LaRocco having a reputation as an inconsistent win it or bin it...
Oh, sorry you didn’t like my answer to your question. You’ve now added specifics that only apply to RJ, so it’s an impossible question to answer
I love this, move the goal posts every time. Someones gotta keep us on our toes.

8/27/2021 6:01am
USA wrote:
I love this, move the goal posts every time. Someones gotta keep us on our toes.

My original reply was to a guy that stated that riders with a win it or bin it reputation on 250s move up to 450s find success by “settling down” on the bigger and heavier bike. Maybe that will happen in RJ’s case, but the fact that Johnny needed to go back 3 decades to find an example indicates that it isn’t the norm. I certainly wish RJ the best if he does move up next year before securing that elusive 250 title.

Post a reply to: Zach Osbourne retired?

The Latest