Zach Osborne to race GNCC this weekend

bh
7/13/2020 8:45am
ferg722 wrote:
I just wanna see an air filter after that race
Bro my I ran one of the pc racing filter skins soaked in filter oil and it was caked. When I took it off it had silt falling off of it. And my filter was still halfway dirty. I can’t believe nobody swapped filters during the race.
MohMoto14
7/13/2020 9:11am
langhammx wrote:
Respect to these GNCC racers... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/07/12/437457/s1200_5B26F13F_9605_42E7_8B3B_AA93897B2876.jpg[/img]
Respect to these GNCC racers...

kpiper wrote:
So it looks like there is a skillset to off-road racing after all! And having moto skills don't just mean you can immediately ride off-road well...
So it looks like there is a skillset to off-road racing after all!

And having moto skills don't just mean you can immediately ride off-road well.

Zacko just won the last SX race. Off-road is tough, go figure Wink
If he practiced for a month and showed up it wouldn't surprise me to see him finish around 3rd or 4th. The hardest thing for a Motocrosser is to figure out how hard to go. Once you figure out when to be patient and when to lay it down you stop making those big mistakes like getting buried in a hole for 45 sec. A lap. I'm betting speed isn't the problem with Zack.
MohMoto14
7/13/2020 9:12am
gjbruny wrote:
KR is a beast! I remember when he raced a 150xc in one of the last races of the season 4 or 5 years back after...
KR is a beast! I remember when he raced a 150xc in one of the last races of the season 4 or 5 years back after he had already wrapped up the title. He dominated on that little bike that weekend.
He did a whole season on one and won it
No
Mayo513
7/13/2020 12:08pm
From his Instagram, sounds like he had fun and talked about the tough and dusty conditions. It mentioned he went down around 7 times in the race. Glad he didn't get injured and hope to see him back at some point as well as some other racers crossing over for better publicity.

The Shop

TJ FRG
7/13/2020 1:39pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2020 1:40pm
Not sure how true this is but have been hearing a few things about this

JoeWV
7/13/2020 2:15pm
ferg722 wrote:
bh wrote:
Bro my I ran one of the pc racing filter skins soaked in filter oil and it was caked. When I took it off it had...
Bro my I ran one of the pc racing filter skins soaked in filter oil and it was caked. When I took it off it had silt falling off of it. And my filter was still halfway dirty. I can’t believe nobody swapped filters during the race.
My filter was caked up pretty bad. It was clean on the inside of it though. I couldn’t see any sign of dust/dirt in the intake.
MXMattii
7/13/2020 3:33pm
ferg722 wrote:
bh wrote:
Bro my I ran one of the pc racing filter skins soaked in filter oil and it was caked. When I took it off it had...
JoeWV wrote:
My filter was caked up pretty bad. It was clean on the inside of it though. I couldn’t see any sign of dust/dirt in the intake.
When you race Enduro the Funnelweb filters are the ones to go. They don't need a lot of oil (they have their own oil in Europe dunno in America) and due to their patented pyramid construction on top they can endure allot of dust/sand/...
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
7/13/2020 3:40pm
Has everyone forgotten that Zach was on the ISDE team in 2013?
JTM5427
7/13/2020 8:01pm
This was from the XC1 class from the first 3 laps. We ran a pre filter screen and additional filter material stuffed in the side plate intake holes. The dust was like flour.
kpiper
7/13/2020 8:54pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2020 9:17pm
Zack said he fell seven times. MX riders don't even know what dust is.

Where are those guys who said any top moto racer could just go out and do very well at a GNCC???
woodsgoon
7/14/2020 5:04am
kpiper wrote:
Zack said he fell seven times. MX riders don't even know what dust is. Where are those guys who said any top moto racer could just...

Where are those guys who said any top moto racer could just go out and do very well at a GNCC???
Under just about any other circumstances i still think any of the top 5 moto guys could go out and be in the top 10 at gncc. Dust like this and mud of course it would put them at more of a disadvantage. But thats just my opinion. Until one of them does it its all speculation. Zacho did far far worse than i would have thought but after seeing the conditions im also not surprised. He was even beat in the overall by my buddy who is in the XC3 class and neither one of us expected that
LungButter
7/14/2020 6:46am
kpiper wrote:
Zack said he fell seven times. MX riders don't even know what dust is. Where are those guys who said any top moto racer could just...

See quote above about ZachO and ISDE. He's also podiumed the XC2 class and won the overall at Regional off road events.

He's not your typical moto guy....

How long is Bollinger out for?
kpiper
7/14/2020 8:26am Edited Date/Time 7/15/2020 5:37pm
kpiper wrote:

woodsgoon wrote:
Under just about any other circumstances i still think any of the top 5 moto guys could go out and be in the top 10 at...
Under just about any other circumstances i still think any of the top 5 moto guys could go out and be in the top 10 at gncc. Dust like this and mud of course it would put them at more of a disadvantage. But thats just my opinion. Until one of them does it its all speculation. Zacho did far far worse than i would have thought but after seeing the conditions im also not surprised. He was even beat in the overall by my buddy who is in the XC3 class and neither one of us expected that
I expected Zack to do better as well with his off-road background. My whole point is off-road is a skillset just like moto and it takes time to get good at it.

Dust and/or mud are the norm at a GNCC.

Roots, rocks, trees, not having the course memorized, etc are a whole different ballgame than MX.

I still contend Chad would have never even finished that race.
bh
7/14/2020 8:42am
JTM5427 wrote:
This was from the XC1 class from the first 3 laps. We ran a pre filter screen and additional filter material stuffed in the side plate...
This was from the XC1 class from the first 3 laps. We ran a pre filter screen and additional filter material stuffed in the side plate intake holes. The dust was like flour.
Jeez, who’s filter?

Post a reply to: Zach Osborne to race GNCC this weekend

The Latest