Zach Osborne ride for 2013???

mxracer34
Edited Date/Time 2/2/2012 10:17pm
On pulpmx, they were talking about osborne and next year, and Kenny said he heard or knows of a team talking to Zach for next year. Said its a good winning team but zach should wait to hear from some factory lites teams....what team would this be? Star-valli?? just wondering......
|
MtnBoy
2/1/2012 11:36am Edited Date/Time 2/1/2012 11:37am
I hope it's not Star/Valli, I think he'd have an easier time reaching his potential on another team.

When I heard Watson talking about it the first team I thought of was Star/Valli though
hothands
2/1/2012 11:38am
Star/Valli is a Yamaha team that uses Cosworth parts
TerryK
2/1/2012 11:47am
None of the above, but he is definitely in talks with a major team.

The Shop

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
2/1/2012 12:18pm
Why not PC? Seems like the kind of guy Mitch would want in the camp.
mag23
2/1/2012 12:35pm
i personally think hes earned himself a pc ride.
He's riding his ass off. Looked really good in Oakland. It'd be awesome if he came back
TerryK
2/1/2012 12:44pm
mag23 wrote:
He's riding his ass off. Looked really good in Oakland. It'd be awesome if he came back
He IS coming back. You can bet on it.
M-M
2/1/2012 12:51pm
Steve Dixon the owner of Bikeit Monster Cosworth Yamaha (Zach's boss) said they'll be more committed next year to the supercross in another thread on here.

Zach should stay where he is if he can ride supecross and nationals next year.
mxracer34
2/1/2012 12:55pm
Why not PC? Seems like the kind of guy Mitch would want in the camp.
i agree pc but watson said he got an offer already but its not factory backed team. pc is. pc will have all riders up for contracts except DoubleD!
jamma10
2/1/2012 1:21pm
As a Euro on Vital its quite gratifying to watch the popularity of a GP rider noticeably rise on here when they get the chance to assert themselves on American soil. Usually its a foreigner, but this time its the rediscovery of one of Uncle Sam's very own.

Its cool to see the American public get excited about the 338 again Smile
mccread
2/1/2012 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2012 1:27pm
mag23 wrote:
TerryK wrote:
He IS coming back. You can bet on it.
He is definitely racing US 2013, he would have to move up to MX1 in the GPs if he stayed, and I think he feels he has unfinished business in the 250f class in the US...

It would be nice to see him on PC or Geico next year for sure, or stay with SD's team if they race in the US.
SlowMoFo
2/1/2012 3:00pm
M-M wrote:
Steve Dixon the owner of Bikeit Monster Cosworth Yamaha (Zach's boss) said they'll be more committed next year to the supercross in another thread on here...
Steve Dixon the owner of Bikeit Monster Cosworth Yamaha (Zach's boss) said they'll be more committed next year to the supercross in another thread on here.

Agreed!
cmess77
2/1/2012 3:20pm
He deserves PC, Geico, or TLD ride. Those are the three best lites teams for sure, as well as KTM but they are already filled up on little bikes.
MXMattii
2/1/2012 3:23pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2012 3:25pm
jamma10 wrote:
As a Euro on Vital its quite gratifying to watch the popularity of a GP rider noticeably rise on here when they get the chance to...
As a Euro on Vital its quite gratifying to watch the popularity of a GP rider noticeably rise on here when they get the chance to assert themselves on American soil. Usually its a foreigner, but this time its the rediscovery of one of Uncle Sam's very own.

Its cool to see the American public get excited about the 338 again Smile
4 Race's ago they thought he was JLaw... Now they are starting topics about him because they really wanna see him back in 2012!

I know from a good source that he turned some offers down in the past because they weren't good. And then I'm not talking about money but about bike and structure. He wanna comeback in a good team to be a title threat.

And how many good teams are there in the Lites/250 class?? Suzuki has allot of DNF's with Davalos because of electrical problems. Yamaha hasn't the best program if you ask me. (But if Steve Dixon makes a team for Zach on Yamaha then you have a good program!) Then you have Honda with TLD and Geico. Both good teams.Kawasaki has Pro Circuit but will Pro Circuit and Mitch resign there contract with Kawasaki? But if he do then that is a very solid, very good team! Then you also have KTM! KTM always told the world that they wanna have Americans in there American team and they wanna copy the European structure so 2 MX1/ 450 riders and 3 MX2/250 riders... so Zach would be a good choice to be the 3rd 250 rider!
Titan1
2/1/2012 3:27pm
See this is what a little confidence can do for a guy....send a mid pack AMA Rider over to europe, his results are better due to the lack of competition...his confidence skyrockets...then he comes back to the US, where the best of the best are, and does incredibly well. I think more Americans should consider this strategy....

Now that I think about it, I'm dropping back down to the C class so I can build some confidence...then I'll go back to B, and do much better. Er something like that...That is how it works, right?
MXMattii
2/1/2012 3:30pm
Titan1 wrote:
See this is what a little confidence can do for a guy....send a mid pack AMA Rider over to europe, his results are better due to...
See this is what a little confidence can do for a guy....send a mid pack AMA Rider over to europe, his results are better due to the lack of competition...his confidence skyrockets...then he comes back to the US, where the best of the best are, and does incredibly well. I think more Americans should consider this strategy....

Now that I think about it, I'm dropping back down to the C class so I can build some confidence...then I'll go back to B, and do much better. Er something like that...That is how it works, right?
Nice fishing. I won't start about Greg Albertson... He was a +20 rider here and he is top 10 rider over there!
That Zach is 5 years older has nothing to do with those results of course! DUMBASS!
M-M
2/1/2012 3:33pm
Titan1 wrote:
See this is what a little confidence can do for a guy....send a mid pack AMA Rider over to europe, his results are better due to...

In the Supercross Lites class in Vancouver Red Bull KTM’s Zach Osborne finished third overall for the second straight week. Teammate Martin Davalos, who won last week’s round, finished the night out in fourth place overall.

Amp’d Mobile Supercross Lites Event Results, Vancouver
1. Ryan Sipes, Honda
2. Ryan Dungy, Suzuki
3. Zach Osborne, KTM
4. Martin Davalos, KTM
5. Kyle Beaton, Yamaha
6. Jimmy Albertson, Yamaha
7. Bobby Garrison, Yamaha
8. Gray Davenport, Kawasaki
9. Dennis Jonon, KTM
10. Kevin Urquhart, Honda
IceMan446
2/1/2012 3:36pm
I think TLD or Gieco would be a good fit. Great bikes and not as much pressure to win as PC.

You can start feeling the pressure real quick at PC if you have some bad races. Not saying Mitch causes it but the pressure you feel to win.

He def has some confidence going right now so hopefully he can have a good year in the GPs and come back strong next year.
Hawwy
2/1/2012 3:43pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2012 3:49pm
Titan1 wrote:

MXMattii wrote:
Nice fishing. I won't start about Greg Albertson... He was a +20 rider here and he is top 10 rider over there! That Zach is 5...
Nice fishing. I won't start about Greg Albertson... He was a +20 rider here and he is top 10 rider over there!
That Zach is 5 years older has nothing to do with those results of course! DUMBASS!
Greg didn't race in the GP's Wink
Hawwy
2/1/2012 4:38pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2012 4:39pm
Denn700 wrote:
Who is Greg Albertson?
Jimmy's brother - think Gregg use to wrench for him ... he might still, but i'm unsure?
goonrider
2/1/2012 4:40pm
I think it's safe to say the Team in question is probably based in Corona, CA.
rileymx
2/1/2012 7:17pm
ah! ah! ah!..........just remembering what was said here when he was mentioned for team usa..........
but just 3 amasx races in on a euro bilt bike..........and he is now a sure sign for a factory team and a title contender nest year.........
talk about fast...!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. i still think he would done better then blake in that race !!!!.........but you guys know better......and faster...!!!!!!!!
TDeath21
2/1/2012 7:43pm
I could see him doing like Rattray did, waiting until he hits the age limit in the GPs then coming to the US for Pro Circuit. He seems to want to stay on Yamahas though, or at least that's the vibe I'm getting.
jamma10
2/2/2012 1:53am
TDeath21 wrote:
I could see him doing like Rattray did, waiting until he hits the age limit in the GPs then coming to the US for Pro Circuit...
I could see him doing like Rattray did, waiting until he hits the age limit in the GPs then coming to the US for Pro Circuit. He seems to want to stay on Yamahas though, or at least that's the vibe I'm getting.
Thats exactly what he is doing - his time in MX2 is up at the end of this season and he's already voiced his preference to return to the US to continue racing in the Lites class. Thats why people are speculating on which US team he might ride for next year.
Hawwy
2/2/2012 2:59am
M-M wrote:
Steve Dixon the owner of Bikeit Monster Cosworth Yamaha (Zach's boss) said they'll be more committed next year to the supercross in another thread on here...

^ this
2/2/2012 3:13am
M-M wrote:

if it aint broke, why fix it?

Post a reply to: Zach Osborne ride for 2013???

The Latest