Zach Bell

LungButter
11/19/2018 6:46pm
Dude just did the USA proud, 10th in Class and won the Final Moto outright in his first try at ISDE. On a 2 stroke!!

I was very skeptical of him being on the team, I thought he would be a liability. I'm damn glad to say he proved me wrong and did it with a broken pinky!

Bravo Zach, great F'n ride.

I'm a fan now and hope he can put together a long and successful off road career!
|
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
11/19/2018 7:01pm
Great ride for him.
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
11/19/2018 11:16pm
He did good, I was concerned about him as well. Dude is fast but I wasnt sure he'd survive the entire event. Glad he made a fool of me, and glad his career is headed in the right direction.
jleews6
11/20/2018 5:13am
This is great news. I always liked the kid. I hope to see him at some full gas events this year. The kid has speed.
LungButter
11/20/2018 5:42am
jleews6 wrote:
This is great news. I always liked the kid. I hope to see him at some full gas events this year. The kid has speed.
I doubt he'll be at any unless somehow Hooper can figure out how to be the first promoter ever to run a true Nationwide off road series.

I hope Zach gets a full Husky ride next year, he seems to have more upside than Dalton Shirey who has the spot right now, especially since Big6 Grand Prix is an AMA National Championship next year.

The Shop

2stroked
11/20/2018 8:20am
jleews6 wrote:
LungButter wrote:
I doubt he'll be at any unless somehow Hooper can figure out how to be the first promoter ever to run a true Nationwide off road...
I doubt he'll be at any unless somehow Hooper can figure out how to be the first promoter ever to run a true Nationwide off road series.

I hope Zach gets a full Husky ride next year, he seems to have more upside than Dalton Shirey who has the spot right now, especially since Big6 Grand Prix is an AMA National Championship next year.
Dalton won the last National Hare & Hound. He has also won WORCS (3 in a row in 2016) and Big 6. He is also routinely on the podium between NHHA, WORCS, and Big 6. He also finished 2nd overall at Vegas to Reno last year with Jacob Argubright (who won the overall with Max Eddy Jr this year). The kid is still learning too. Dont discredit Shirey so quickly. He has serious speed and talent. He's just very quiet and not well known outside the off road world.

Zach Bell is still learning off road in general. He has yet to race a true off road event (NHHA, BITD, Score) here in the states but he put in an amazing ISDE ride.He's made an incredible transition to WORCS and Big 6 in a short amount of time winning a championship and several race wins. I think Husky would be well served to open up a second spot in the stable for Zach next to Dalton in lieu of having one or the other personally. Seems the 3 bros Husky deal for Zach is a 'back door' deal for now. Im sure Timmy Weigand is keeping a close eye on Zach.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
11/20/2018 8:22am
jleews6 wrote:
LungButter wrote:
I doubt he'll be at any unless somehow Hooper can figure out how to be the first promoter ever to run a true Nationwide off road...

2stroked wrote:
Dalton won the last National Hare & Hound. He has also won WORCS (3 in a row in 2016) and Big 6. He is also routinely...
Dalton won the last National Hare & Hound. He has also won WORCS (3 in a row in 2016) and Big 6. He is also routinely on the podium between NHHA, WORCS, and Big 6. He also finished 2nd overall at Vegas to Reno last year with Jacob Argubright (who won the overall with Max Eddy Jr this year). The kid is still learning too. Dont discredit Shirey so quickly. He has serious speed and talent. He's just very quiet and not well known outside the off road world.

Zach Bell is still learning off road in general. He has yet to race a true off road event (NHHA, BITD, Score) here in the states but he put in an amazing ISDE ride.He's made an incredible transition to WORCS and Big 6 in a short amount of time winning a championship and several race wins. I think Husky would be well served to open up a second spot in the stable for Zach next to Dalton in lieu of having one or the other personally. Seems the 3 bros Husky deal for Zach is a 'back door' deal for now. Im sure Timmy Weigand is keeping a close eye on Zach.
Rockstar Husqvarana just announced their US team for 2019, neither Shirley nor Bell are on it. Bell signed a contract a few months ago with another brand and team that should be announced soon...not sure about Shirley.

Their 2019 team is Trevor Bollinger, Thad Duvall, Colton Haaker and Andrew Short (Andrew got the West coast WORCS spot).
2stroked
11/20/2018 8:28am
LungButter wrote:

2stroked wrote:
Dalton won the last National Hare & Hound. He has also won WORCS (3 in a row in 2016) and Big 6. He is also routinely...

ML512 wrote:
Rockstar Husqvarana just announced their US team for 2019, neither Shirley nor Bell are on it. Bell signed a contract a few months ago with another...
Rockstar Husqvarana just announced their US team for 2019, neither Shirley nor Bell are on it. Bell signed a contract a few months ago with another brand and team that should be announced soon...not sure about Shirley.

Their 2019 team is Trevor Bollinger, Thad Duvall, Colton Haaker and Andrew Short (Andrew got the West coast WORCS spot).
Whoa thats big news for Shirey not being renewed. Also kudos to Andrew Short for WORCS. Im going to assume that also means Big 6. Guess Factory Husky isnt campaigning anything in regards to NHHA/BITD. Thats a shame.
11/20/2018 8:31am
LungButter wrote:

2stroked wrote:

ML512 wrote:
Rockstar Husqvarana just announced their US team for 2019, neither Shirley nor Bell are on it. Bell signed a contract a few months ago with another...

HOLY CRAP SHORTY IS GONNA DO WORCS?! That's awesome!
TallonT911
11/20/2018 9:03am
Thad is also doing worcs and GNCC, shorty is doing worcs and rally.
I wonder if JCR will stick with just Trevor Stewart now without Bollinger or pick up another guy, either on the west or east coast.
Shirey will probably put something together with Ty Davis again if he doesn’t already have another ride lined up.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
11/20/2018 9:09am
TallonT911 wrote:
Thad is also doing worcs and GNCC, shorty is doing worcs and rally. I wonder if JCR will stick with just Trevor Stewart now without Bollinger...
I wonder if JCR will stick with just Trevor Stewart now without Bollinger or pick up another guy, either on the west or east coast.
Shirey will probably put something together with Ty Davis again if he doesn’t already have another ride lined up.
I wouldn't be surprised if JCR isn't doing East coast next year.
TallonT911
11/20/2018 9:20am
TallonT911 wrote:
Thad is also doing worcs and GNCC, shorty is doing worcs and rally. I wonder if JCR will stick with just Trevor Stewart now without Bollinger...
ML512 wrote:
Yeah me either, hopefully they fill the spot over here on the west.
I think we’re going to see a lot of growth in off-road with shortys interest along with ZachO and hopefully Plessinger in 5 or so years. Can’t hurt to have big names racing the off-road series’!
2stroked
11/20/2018 9:53am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2018 11:46am
TallonT911 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
TallonT911 wrote:
Yeah me either, hopefully they fill the spot over here on the west. I think we’re going to see a lot of growth in off-road with...
Yeah me either, hopefully they fill the spot over here on the west.
I think we’re going to see a lot of growth in off-road with shortys interest along with ZachO and hopefully Plessinger in 5 or so years. Can’t hurt to have big names racing the off-road series’!
It wasn't that long ago that Damon Huffman, Mike Kiedrowski, Ty Davis, Bobby Bonds, Mike Brown, all made successful transitions into racing WORCS, GNCC, Big 6, NHHA whatever. Before them Guy Cooper, Danny Laporte, and Rex Staten also had extended careers racing off road.

Its a weird time for racing dirt bikes "off-road". The talent is through the roof, its more popular than ever, more "off-road" bikes are sold than pure moto bikes, and yet the level of industry and factory support just isnt there.

It seems like yesterday every manufacturer had a factory level off-road effort.

Team Green Kawasaki-Danny Hamel, Ty Davis, Larry Roeseler, Destry Abbott, Shane Esposito, Brian Brown, Lance Smail, David Pearson, Ricky Dietrich

Team Honda-Bruce Ogilvie, Scott Summers, Johnny Campbell,Kendall Norman, Robby Bell, Quinn Cody, Steve Hengeveld, Andy Grieder

Team Suzuki-Steve Hatch, Rodney Smith, Randy Hawkins, Guy Cooper

Team yamaha-Randy Hawkins, Ty Davis, Russell Pearson, Barry Hawk, Nathan Woods

Team KTM-Kurt Caselli,Mike Brown, Shane Watts, Chris Blais, Russell Pearson, David Pearson, David Kamo

I know im missing guys but the point is off road was a big, BIG deal here in the US. GNCC still is. The west coast is growing again. I can only help to think what it could be if the factories would start to pump some money into the off road scene. I realize the bean counters are ultimately in control but there was a time when the manufacturers were deeply supporting off road and it meant better bikes, better support, and better sales.

It just doesnt feel like that anymore.
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
11/20/2018 9:59am
2stroked wrote:
It wasn't that long ago that Damon Huffman, Mike Kiedrowski, Ty Davis, Bobby Bonds, Mike Brown, all made successful transitions into racing WORCS, GNCC, Big 6...
It wasn't that long ago that Damon Huffman, Mike Kiedrowski, Ty Davis, Bobby Bonds, Mike Brown, all made successful transitions into racing WORCS, GNCC, Big 6, NHHA whatever. Before them Guy Cooper, Danny Laporte, and Rex Staten also had extended careers racing off road.

Its a weird time for racing dirt bikes "off-road". The talent is through the roof, its more popular than ever, more "off-road" bikes are sold than pure moto bikes, and yet the level of industry and factory support just isnt there.

It seems like yesterday every manufacturer had a factory level off-road effort.

Team Green Kawasaki-Danny Hamel, Ty Davis, Larry Roeseler, Destry Abbott, Shane Esposito, Brian Brown, Lance Smail, David Pearson, Ricky Dietrich

Team Honda-Bruce Ogilvie, Scott Summers, Johnny Campbell,Kendall Norman, Robby Bell, Quinn Cody, Steve Hengeveld, Andy Grieder

Team Suzuki-Steve Hatch, Rodney Smith, Randy Hawkins, Guy Cooper

Team yamaha-Randy Hawkins, Ty Davis, Russell Pearson, Barry Hawk, Nathan Woods

Team KTM-Kurt Caselli,Mike Brown, Shane Watts, Chris Blais, Russell Pearson, David Pearson, David Kamo

I know im missing guys but the point is off road was a big, BIG deal here in the US. GNCC still is. The west coast is growing again. I can only help to think what it could be if the factories would start to pump some money into the off road scene. I realize the bean counters are ultimately in control but there was a time when the manufacturers were deeply supporting off road and it meant better bikes, better support, and better sales.

It just doesnt feel like that anymore.
I think the issue is viewership. Hard to put the offroad races on tv like supercross. GNCC racing is great, watching it is eh.
MelonFan123
11/20/2018 10:02am
I think one of the problems holding things back on the west coast from a professional and factory involvement standpoint is 3 separate series (Big6, WORCS, and NHHA). You can also throw in BITD and Hare Scrambles but those have much smaller interest in the professional side.

Back east it's pretty much just GNCC and AMA Enduro.

All seem to be growing in amateur participation level whereas local MX seems on the decline.
TallonT911
11/20/2018 10:43am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2018 10:49am
I feel like both WORCS and Big 6 are trying to become the premier series, worcs is offering up bigger pro purses and big 6 just became the AMA National GP Series. Nhha is a completely different animal than those two, and different riders competing for the most part.
Bitd has really fun races but it’s more of a secondary series/adventure type of racing. The exposure/competition isn’t really there. I won the Open Pro championship last year and nobody really cares, except for Vegas to Reno, that race still gets some coverage.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
11/20/2018 10:47am
2stroked wrote:

ML512 wrote:

2stroked wrote:
Whoa thats big news for Shirey not being renewed. Also kudos to Andrew Short for WORCS. Im going to assume that also means Big 6. Guess...
Whoa thats big news for Shirey not being renewed. Also kudos to Andrew Short for WORCS. Im going to assume that also means Big 6. Guess Factory Husky isnt campaigning anything in regards to NHHA/BITD. Thats a shame.
I think he's WORCS only due to his Rally Schedule.
Xeno
11/20/2018 11:17am
Hey, it's cool to read some chatter about the off-road scene!
The racing turnout seems to be growing, and Honda has a bunch of new off-road models. So that's good for us!
I expect the 2019 CRF450X to be as capable in desert racing as the previous version.
And Trevor Stewart has been ripping the Grand Prix events on the CRF450RX.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
11/20/2018 11:32am
ML512 wrote:

2stroked wrote:
Whoa thats big news for Shirey not being renewed. Also kudos to Andrew Short for WORCS. Im going to assume that also means Big 6. Guess...
ML512 wrote:
I think he's WORCS only due to his Rally Schedule.
Is Bell going to JCR?
ML512
Fantasy
36th
11/20/2018 11:35am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Is Bell going to JCR?
Nope, think green...
TallonT911
11/20/2018 11:44am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Is Bell going to JCR?
ML512 wrote:
Nope, think green...
So most likely Precision Concepts, unless Babbitts puts together something for the west coast as well
LungButter
11/20/2018 11:47am
ML512 wrote:
Nope, think green...
Hell yes.

Kawi was an off road powerhouse for a long time, great to see them coming back!
NorCal 50+
11/20/2018 11:51am
If they could make off-road racing more interesting for TV it would help. It is not a sport that translates well. Maybe drones?
ML512
Fantasy
36th
11/20/2018 11:56am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Is Bell going to JCR?
ML512 wrote:
Nope, think green...
TallonT911 wrote:
So most likely Precision Concepts, unless Babbitts puts together something for the west coast as well
Babbitts is East only, Precision Concepts is Kawasaki's West program.

Babbitts has Strang for GNCC, not sure who else yet.
LungButter
11/20/2018 11:57am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
If they could make off-road racing more interesting for TV it would help. It is not a sport that translates well. Maybe drones?
Yep.

WESS has this figured out with the help of Red Bull. They have coverage that blows away any other offroad video coverage.

GNCC coverage is decent at best, it's not that awesome to just watch the guys blow by the same camera locations over and over.
2stroked
11/20/2018 12:57pm
TallonT911 wrote:
I feel like both WORCS and Big 6 are trying to become the premier series, worcs is offering up bigger pro purses and big 6 just...
I feel like both WORCS and Big 6 are trying to become the premier series, worcs is offering up bigger pro purses and big 6 just became the AMA National GP Series. Nhha is a completely different animal than those two, and different riders competing for the most part.
Bitd has really fun races but it’s more of a secondary series/adventure type of racing. The exposure/competition isn’t really there. I won the Open Pro championship last year and nobody really cares, except for Vegas to Reno, that race still gets some coverage.
Big 6 and WORCS are basically the same. Prepped and watered 8 mile GP courses, more or less. One is AMA, one isnt and I think thats really the big difference. Kind of like Ford vs Chevy. A lot of people do both.

NHHA is a whole different animal. I feel that the NHHA series doesnt get the recognition is deserves, neither do its racers. 80-100 mile's long of legit off road terrain, and never seen until you're racing through it. Its nothing short of amazing. Nothing else like it in the states. Its also the oldest and longest running national offroad series in the US.
ccullins
11/20/2018 1:32pm
ML512 wrote:
Nope, think green...
TallonT911 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Babbitts is East only, Precision Concepts is Kawasaki's West program.

Babbitts has Strang for GNCC, not sure who else yet.
Jordan Ashburn will be the other GNCC guy for Kawasaki.

Off-road racing is hard to find rides. My son has worked himself up to a top 5 finisher in EnduroCross and still don’t know if he’ll end up with a ride next season. It’s even on TV and the stadiums where full this season!

Like others said there used to be a lot more teams and they had more riders. Just right there Husky only has 4 guys. No Hare & Hound guys, no 250 pros in GNCC or Worcs, no National Enduro guys or Sprint Enduros.
Titan1
11/20/2018 3:54pm
TallonT911 wrote:
I feel like both WORCS and Big 6 are trying to become the premier series, worcs is offering up bigger pro purses and big 6 just...
2stroked wrote:
Big 6 and WORCS are basically the same. Prepped and watered 8 mile GP courses, more or less. One is AMA, one isnt and I think...
Big 6 and WORCS are basically the same. Prepped and watered 8 mile GP courses, more or less. One is AMA, one isnt and I think thats really the big difference. Kind of like Ford vs Chevy. A lot of people do both.

NHHA is a whole different animal. I feel that the NHHA series doesnt get the recognition is deserves, neither do its racers. 80-100 mile's long of legit off road terrain, and never seen until you're racing through it. Its nothing short of amazing. Nothing else like it in the states. Its also the oldest and longest running national offroad series in the US.
As a Hare and Hound guy...I appreciate you saying that about the series. I echo those feelings...It doesn't get the recognition it deserves at all. The pro riders are bad dudes...

I'd love to see Honda and Yamaha factories come back-now that they are both selling off road race bikes-and give KTM a run for their money. The once mightly Kawi-team green-program should come back too.

All my opinion and personal preference...and I realize its a dollars and cents thing to the manufactures...and there just isn't much R.O.I. to be found in the middle of the desert-even though that is where some of the purest heart, soul and passion of dirt bike racing can be found Sunday afternoons-so this is all maybe just a pipe dream.
kiwifan
11/20/2018 5:03pm
TallonT911 wrote:
2stroked wrote:
Big 6 and WORCS are basically the same. Prepped and watered 8 mile GP courses, more or less. One is AMA, one isnt and I think...

Titan1 wrote:
As a Hare and Hound guy...I appreciate you saying that about the series. I echo those feelings...It doesn't get the recognition it deserves at all. The...
As a Hare and Hound guy...I appreciate you saying that about the series. I echo those feelings...It doesn't get the recognition it deserves at all. The pro riders are bad dudes...

I'd love to see Honda and Yamaha factories come back-now that they are both selling off road race bikes-and give KTM a run for their money. The once mightly Kawi-team green-program should come back too.

All my opinion and personal preference...and I realize its a dollars and cents thing to the manufactures...and there just isn't much R.O.I. to be found in the middle of the desert-even though that is where some of the purest heart, soul and passion of dirt bike racing can be found Sunday afternoons-so this is all maybe just a pipe dream.
Isnt the the JCR team a pseudo-factory team?
Titan1
11/20/2018 5:31pm
2stroked wrote:

Titan1 wrote:
As a Hare and Hound guy...I appreciate you saying that about the series. I echo those feelings...It doesn't get the recognition it deserves at all. The...

kiwifan wrote:
Isnt the the JCR team a pseudo-factory team?
I’m not sure honestly...and they have a half presence in the series when Brabec races a round here or there between his rally schedule.

Post a reply to: Zach Bell

The Latest