Zaca Station MX being targeted for no permits?

ChingLongBing
Edited Date/Time 6/13/2013 9:35am

A friend sent me this a few minutes ago. This is a screen shot from the Santa Barbara News Press website. I know nothing more than what's on this picture. If anything happens to that track it'll suck for the areas riders, there's not many other places to go on the central coast.
|
cudby
5/7/2013 10:19am
Nice of the Santa Barbara New Press to steal my photo and use it without permission
Toste
Fantasy
925th
5/7/2013 11:14am
That's a bummer. I've been thinking about starting riding again, but it only makes sense for me to do so if Zaca Station stays operational. I'm surprised they were ever able to get that track going in the first place. SLO & Santa Barbara counties are about as far from "moto-friendly" as it gets. It's my understanding that the club track that recently existed in Santa Maria met its demise for permitting reasons also.

The Shop

ChingLongBing
5/7/2013 11:29am
Toste wrote:
That's a bummer. I've been thinking about starting riding again, but it only makes sense for me to do so if Zaca Station stays operational. I'm...
That's a bummer. I've been thinking about starting riding again, but it only makes sense for me to do so if Zaca Station stays operational. I'm surprised they were ever able to get that track going in the first place. SLO & Santa Barbara counties are about as far from "moto-friendly" as it gets. It's my understanding that the club track that recently existed in Santa Maria met its demise for permitting reasons also.
I was a member at the Moto Club track just outside of Santa Maria that you're talking about, it was the same deal, someone gets hurt and all the sudden the county was all over them. Just a damn shame when those things happen. You're right about those counties though, they're very anti-moto/recreational vehicle.
Zaugg
5/7/2013 11:43am
Is it just me or does this article tend to "lean" away from impartial and "lean" towards a certain agenda?

Thanks for posting the article.
ChingLongBing
5/7/2013 11:54am
Zaugg wrote:
Is it just me or does this article tend to "lean" away from impartial and "lean" towards a certain agenda?

The only thing this article does is push an agenda.

"The track may well continue to thrive, because Santa Barbara County's code enforcment is a complaint-driven process, and the county has not yet recieved a complaint about it."

So by publishing it in the paper you think someone won't all of the sudden complain?
7I3N
5/7/2013 12:03pm
Toste wrote:
That's a bummer. I've been thinking about starting riding again, but it only makes sense for me to do so if Zaca Station stays operational. I'm...
I was a member at the Moto Club track just outside of Santa Maria that you're talking about, it was the same deal, someone gets hurt...
I was a member at the Moto Club track just outside of Santa Maria that you're talking about, it was the same deal, someone gets hurt and all the sudden the county was all over them. Just a damn shame when those things happen. You're right about those counties though, they're very anti-moto/recreational vehicle.
Yeah, I’ll second that. I grew up in Santa Barbara and lived there most of my life until 2005. It had already gotten so bad there by the mid 80s that most of us had quit racing moto because there were no tracks left. There weren’t really any places to ride legally, so we all built street legal dual sport bikes, and just kept moving.

It was good to hear “Fast Eddie” Guajardo’s name. He’s a friend and competitor from back in the day. Glad to hear he’s still involved in the sport.
7I3N
5/7/2013 12:03pm
Zaugg wrote:

The only thing this article does is push an agenda. "The track may well continue to thrive, because Santa Barbara County's code enforcment is a complaint-driven...
The only thing this article does is push an agenda.

"The track may well continue to thrive, because Santa Barbara County's code enforcment is a complaint-driven process, and the county has not yet recieved a complaint about it."

So by publishing it in the paper you think someone won't all of the sudden complain?
I hate to say it, but I think the Enviro-Nazis are going to bury that place. They’re vicious, extremely self-righteous and very well funded there.
pilotdude
5/7/2013 12:27pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2013 12:30pm
Zaugg wrote:

Not just you.

"The track may well continue to thrive"

Oh, the HORROR.
wydopen
5/7/2013 12:43pm
I was literally sick to my stomach when i saw the paper at lunch...
ChingLongBing
5/7/2013 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2013 1:42pm
pilotdude wrote:
Not just you.

"The track may well continue to thrive"

Oh, the HORROR.
I see what you did there, nevermind Smile
Titan1
5/7/2013 1:30pm
"It shows a bulldozer scraping the earth. What are they thinking?"

LOL...environmentalists are total drama queens. I got a good laugh at that...

And if they've got environmentalists on their back, and they are known to have violated ANY ordinance, regulation, or law...they are done!

California doesn't really have any private property rights anymore...and that's sad, because that is one of the things this country was founded on. And liberals in CA used the environment as an excuse to toss those rights out the window...and if America keeps moving in the direction its headed...the rest of the country will be just like California! And that sucks!
Lucifa.
5/7/2013 3:05pm
cudby wrote:
Nice of the Santa Barbara New Press to steal my photo and use it without permission
Sue them. Thats what Americans do to each other right?
Xeno
5/7/2013 5:22pm
Nobody knew is was there? You can see it from U.S. Route 101.
KMC440
5/7/2013 5:41pm
My sister lives in Santa Maria, mom in Orcutt, I had hoped someday of going riding there.

Fuckin newspapers gonna fire up all the tree hugging faggots.

Yes tree huggers can all die as far as I'm concerned. I used to live in Grass Valley and Auburn Ca. when it was nice. Tree huggers moved in and destroyed thousands of jobs within ten years, I hate those bastards.
mx_563
5/7/2013 9:43pm
Zaca is awesome! I hope they stay open at least a few more weeks because I was planning to head down there from Nor Cal to ride on Memorial Day weekend!!!
ChingLongBing
5/13/2013 12:45pm
Guys, here's the statement from the track, this was issued out there this weekend if you made it out to the track, they also had a news crew on site in the afternoon to do a story on the place (good story not bad). If you know anyone who works in the departments listed of Santa Barbara county please let them know.

Also, if anyone didn't make it out there this weekend but rides there or has before, hell even if you haven't you can fill one of these out and explain why you think the track is a good thing for the area and it's community. If you do send it to the email provided in the statement above.

Thanks! Also, if anyone thinks it's a waste of their time... You had time to be on this site reading all the rumors and whatnot, how about doing something that could help save the sport for a lot of people in that area,
mfowler
5/13/2013 12:45pm
Anyone have any updates?
wydopen
5/13/2013 2:30pm
Guys, here's the statement from the track, this was issued out there this weekend if you made it out to the track, they also had a...
Guys, here's the statement from the track, this was issued out there this weekend if you made it out to the track, they also had a news crew on site in the afternoon to do a story on the place (good story not bad). If you know anyone who works in the departments listed of Santa Barbara county please let them know.

Also, if anyone didn't make it out there this weekend but rides there or has before, hell even if you haven't you can fill one of these out and explain why you think the track is a good thing for the area and it's community. If you do send it to the email provided in the statement above.

Thanks! Also, if anyone thinks it's a waste of their time... You had time to be on this site reading all the rumors and whatnot, how about doing something that could help save the sport for a lot of people in that area,
yes please...we moto'd saturday it was so good (as it is every weekend)

bogle was out there on the rev limiter all day...that was humbling..

please do anything you can to help out..I will find an appropriate person to mail the letters to and post it
Mr. Info
5/13/2013 3:57pm
Guys please get it right. This is the reason Speedworld is closed becasue they thought they could do what they wanted without getting the right permits. Dan had all the right intentions but did not follow the rules and they shut him down and when he tried to go elsewhere they refused to work with him. Good luck.
Right Winger
5/13/2013 4:51pm
Yet, these same government busy-bodies will FORCE landowners to allow bicycle riders and hikers to traverse their property, with NO PERMITS OR INSURANCE, because they have some make-believe "right" to hike and bicycle on private property because of "greenspace access".
Spergen
5/13/2013 5:06pm
There has actually been a study in the UK that found walkers do more damage than bikes in the open country as bikers stay to a narrow ish track where as walkers trample all over damaging sensitive plants/mosses and nesting birds !
mx_563
5/13/2013 8:54pm
Where are we supposed to send the "why I ride at Zaca" forms? I'm headed down there later this month.
ChingLongBing
5/13/2013 9:26pm
mx_563 wrote:
Where are we supposed to send the "why I ride at Zaca" forms? I'm headed down there later this month.
You can scan it in or take a photo of the paper if that is your only option and then send it to zacastationmxpark@gmail.com, at this moment I don't have a physical address but I will try to get one for people if they would rather do that.
ChingLongBing
5/13/2013 9:53pm
Here's a few shots from Sunday out there, track was great as usual. (yea I know my style is great)

JeepnMike
5/13/2013 10:05pm
No track comments, but I love the 1992 KX graphics!
5/13/2013 11:09pm
I am so bummed about this news ! I have been dreaming about going to this little slice of moto heaven for years. If you haven't already, get on their Facebook page . The photos are awesome and inspiring to me on a daily basis. Good luck Zaca !
5/13/2013 11:20pm
Just in case anyone wants the author of this articles e mail address it's nwallace@newspress.com Ialmost sent her a nasty email but decided. Against it to avoid giving the Eco fucks ammo against us.

Post a reply to: Zaca Station MX being targeted for no permits?

The Latest