ZRthrottle & The Moto Lab Review for the 2018 KTM FE

sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
I like to give credit where credit is due! We recently did two mods to our 2018 FE KTM that really made a noticeable difference in the bikes performance!

First we added the ZRthrottle! Coming from Yamaha's, the throttle pull on the KTM was odd to my son when changing over. The cams that came with the bike where to far apart so we stayed one it came with until we changed bars. We switched to Twinwalls and added the Protaper aluminum throttle tube. The pull was better but still to much and he felt he had to "chickenwing" it as Keefer coined! So we try the ZRthrottle and WOW is there a difference! This thing is smooth as butter and built to last. Yes it is a little pricey but you will not have to buy another one! It is really a nicely made product! I liked it so much we became a vendor to sell them!!

Our next major mod was sending off the ECU to The Moto Lab in CT! Truly the best $75 plus shipping I think I have spent on a bike! If you have 18 FE you know mapping is lean and a little dirty. He did his "pump gas" tune on it. After the remap the bike runs much cleaner all the way from bottom to top! Really made the bottom end respond so much better! Throttle response is really responsive and crisp. If you don't want to spend the money on an aftermarket ECU, get it mapped and never look back!!!

We changed gearing to a 13/50 this weekend, coupled with the remapping starts are going to get really interesting!
|
mx317
11/12/2018 6:30am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
I like to give credit where credit is due! We recently did two mods to our 2018 FE KTM that really made a noticeable difference in...
I like to give credit where credit is due! We recently did two mods to our 2018 FE KTM that really made a noticeable difference in the bikes performance!

First we added the ZRthrottle! Coming from Yamaha's, the throttle pull on the KTM was odd to my son when changing over. The cams that came with the bike where to far apart so we stayed one it came with until we changed bars. We switched to Twinwalls and added the Protaper aluminum throttle tube. The pull was better but still to much and he felt he had to "chickenwing" it as Keefer coined! So we try the ZRthrottle and WOW is there a difference! This thing is smooth as butter and built to last. Yes it is a little pricey but you will not have to buy another one! It is really a nicely made product! I liked it so much we became a vendor to sell them!!

Our next major mod was sending off the ECU to The Moto Lab in CT! Truly the best $75 plus shipping I think I have spent on a bike! If you have 18 FE you know mapping is lean and a little dirty. He did his "pump gas" tune on it. After the remap the bike runs much cleaner all the way from bottom to top! Really made the bottom end respond so much better! Throttle response is really responsive and crisp. If you don't want to spend the money on an aftermarket ECU, get it mapped and never look back!!!

We changed gearing to a 13/50 this weekend, coupled with the remapping starts are going to get really interesting!
I haven't used the throttle, but X2 on Moto Lab! It woke my Husky Rockstar up for sure.
blaze 57
11/12/2018 10:41am
I have the 18' 450 FE too. You will like the 13/50 gearing. Third was a little high for starts with the stock gearing. NOT with the 13/50! I can ride the whole track in 3rd and 4th now.

Post a reply to: ZRthrottle & The Moto Lab Review for the 2018 KTM FE

The Latest