ZRT throttle tube

yz133rider
5/14/2020 7:56pm
902moto wrote:
Yes. It does.

Precision throttle response and feeling.
Is there an option for a larger cam for quicker throttle opening? That would make the product worth it IMO
Interested in that answer as well.
JM485
5/14/2020 9:32pm
Btw 902, if you ever need any 3d printed test parts let me know, I’d be happy to help after the bs in this thread.
kkawboy14
5/15/2020 7:53am
902moto wrote:
Yes. It does.

Precision throttle response and feeling.
Is there an option for a larger cam for quicker throttle opening? That would make the product worth it IMO
yz133rider wrote:
After putting mine together yesterday I don’t see how it could be made to open faster on the 2020 kx450. The 2 cables wrap around opposite sides of the tube and meet at the bottom. Would be interesting to see how someone could make that one open faster
GODZILLA
5/15/2020 10:21am
JM485 wrote:
Btw 902, if you ever need any 3d printed test parts let me know, I’d be happy to help after the bs in this thread.
Woah, yeah, joint venture, great idea, I'd love to buy a 500$ throttle tube with my name engraved in it!
Laughing

(Don't get mad, I'm just kiddin.)

The Shop

JM485
5/15/2020 12:31pm
JM485 wrote:
GODZILLA wrote:
Woah, yeah, joint venture, great idea, I'd love to buy a 500$ throttle tube with my name engraved in it! :laugh: (Don't get mad, I'm just...
Woah, yeah, joint venture, great idea, I'd love to buy a 500$ throttle tube with my name engraved in it!
Laughing

Actually, what I’m offering is to help with new product development if I can by providing a physical test piece that can be used for fitment checks and be produced much more quickly and cost effectively than a CNC’d prototype if its being subed out. Never hurts to make connections with people who have a drive to make things happen rather than just sit online and jump from thread to thread providing nothing of substance and continually trolling. . .
GaryC1
5/15/2020 12:47pm
JM485 wrote:
I haven't seen a lot of BS in this thread personally, what I have seen though is someone close to the owner telling people to stop "wasting their money" on other products and buy this instead, followed by the owner responding to a pricing suggestion by calling "us guys cheap as fuck" and then topping it off by saying his product is "not for pussies" again because someone gave their opinion and didnt care for the lack of resistance he's accustomed to. The product is nice, but the owner has to understand it's a top-end piece of kit that is a niche and also needs some attitude adjustment if he wants more sales.
Hallzilla
5/15/2020 1:01pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2020 1:05pm
902moto wrote:
What the fuck are you guys talking about? I’m enjoying this as much as you clowns.
Speaking of clowns, Nice BONER air in the sig. Impressive.
hellion
5/15/2020 1:18pm
JM485 wrote:
GaryC1 wrote:
I haven't seen a lot of BS in this thread personally, what I have seen though is someone close to the owner telling people to stop...
I haven't seen a lot of BS in this thread personally, what I have seen though is someone close to the owner telling people to stop "wasting their money" on other products and buy this instead, followed by the owner responding to a pricing suggestion by calling "us guys cheap as fuck" and then topping it off by saying his product is "not for pussies" again because someone gave their opinion and didnt care for the lack of resistance he's accustomed to. The product is nice, but the owner has to understand it's a top-end piece of kit that is a niche and also needs some attitude adjustment if he wants more sales.
I’m going to try to explain something here. There’s a thing called a masshole. Generally it refers to eastern Massachusetts natives. You’d think by the way it sounds that it’s a bad thing, but in reality it’s not. A masshole is honest and outspoken and takes shit as much as gives it, all with a wry smile. I can tell that some of you guys have caught on, others maybe not. Or maybe it’s not for you. That’s ok. If you’re from new England or New York you get it for sure and it’s a fun part of life around here. Just be sure to know, there’s no ill will when a masshole calls you a pussy. Calling names like that around here is more a term of endearment than insult.
GODZILLA
5/15/2020 1:35pm
JM485 wrote:
Actually, what I’m offering is to help with new product development if I can by providing a physical test piece that can be used for fitment...
Actually, what I’m offering is to help with new product development if I can by providing a physical test piece that can be used for fitment checks and be produced much more quickly and cost effectively than a CNC’d prototype if its being subed out. Never hurts to make connections with people who have a drive to make things happen rather than just sit online and jump from thread to thread providing nothing of substance and continually trolling. . .
We're lucky to have you.
Wink
crowe176
5/15/2020 1:42pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2020 1:44pm
Vital contacts ZRT to advertise, and they decline, a post pops up, and owner bumps 3 month old thread and responds to six pages of bs about members being cheap pussies. Mmmk
902moto
5/15/2020 3:21pm
crowe176 wrote:
Vital contacts ZRT to advertise, and they decline, a post pops up, and owner bumps 3 month old thread and responds to six pages of bs...
Vital contacts ZRT to advertise, and they decline, a post pops up, and owner bumps 3 month old thread and responds to six pages of bs about members being cheap pussies. Mmmk
You guys are just like the left media. Reading only what you want. And how you want to read it. And commenting on only the negative.

Salty old women with nothing better to do. But by all means, keep this thread going.

902moto
5/15/2020 3:24pm
crowe176 wrote:
Vital contacts ZRT to advertise, and they decline, a post pops up, and owner bumps 3 month old thread and responds to six pages of bs...
My case and point right here

I did not ask Mark to post this thread. He did it in his own. And that is well documented in this chain of BS. Yet you say, vital contacts ZRT for advertising. ZRT declines. A post pops up and owner comments.

See what I mean, Lefty?
902moto
5/15/2020 3:29pm
JM485 wrote:
GODZILLA wrote:
Woah, yeah, joint venture, great idea, I'd love to buy a 500$ throttle tube with my name engraved in it! :laugh: (Don't get mad, I'm just...
Laughing

JM485 wrote:
Actually, what I’m offering is to help with new product development if I can by providing a physical test piece that can be used for fitment...
Thanks man, I actually have a 3B printer as well. That’s how I do my prototyping.

902moto
5/15/2020 3:54pm
yz133rider wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
After putting mine together yesterday I don’t see how it could be made to open faster on the 2020 kx450. The 2 cables wrap around opposite...
After putting mine together yesterday I don’t see how it could be made to open faster on the 2020 kx450. The 2 cables wrap around opposite sides of the tube and meet at the bottom. Would be interesting to see how someone could make that one open faster
We make a CAM 20% faster for the YZ/KX models.
crowe176
5/15/2020 4:03pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2020 4:04pm
902moto wrote:
It is this type of negativity that turns me off from this site. Vital MX has approached me several times to advertise with them. But why...
It is this type of negativity that turns me off from this site. Vital MX has approached me several times to advertise with them. But why the would I ever advertise on a site where people have nothing good to say about me or my products? And think I'm deceptive and falsely advertising somehow. Thats not me. And if you do your homework on my company, you will know I have some the best customer service out of anyone out there. Period. I am a racer for the racers. And I know how I want to be treated. And its not like this. I'm out.
Actually, it's what you said, not me. Just sack up and pay for an ad player.
aeffertz
5/15/2020 4:10pm
Can someone tell me if this thread is worth the read? I keep seeing it get bumped to the top, lol.
902moto
5/15/2020 4:11pm
902moto wrote:
It is this type of negativity that turns me off from this site. Vital MX has approached me several times to advertise with them. But why...
It is this type of negativity that turns me off from this site. Vital MX has approached me several times to advertise with them. But why the would I ever advertise on a site where people have nothing good to say about me or my products? And think I'm deceptive and falsely advertising somehow. Thats not me. And if you do your homework on my company, you will know I have some the best customer service out of anyone out there. Period. I am a racer for the racers. And I know how I want to be treated. And its not like this. I'm out.
crowe176 wrote:
Actually, it's what you said, not me. Just sack up and pay for an ad player.
No. It’s what you said.
crowe176
5/15/2020 4:15pm
Vitalmx is the ZRT of moto advertising. You can't beat it or break it. Guyb has to eat too.
902moto
5/15/2020 4:19pm
crowe176 wrote:
Vitalmx is the ZRT of moto advertising. You can't beat it or break it. Guyb has to eat too.
are you drinking?
OldPro277
5/15/2020 5:20pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2020 5:38pm
It has amazed me that so many "business" owners have felt the need to come on the site and start actively bashing a somewhat large potential customer base in response to what they feel is a lukewarm response to their service or product. Just in the not so distant past, we've had that MXM dude hawking 80's Retro jerseys (with non-licensed logos) that went Phase 4 meltdown when every Vital member didnt buy 6 or 7 each, then he comes back a year later under a different name and repeats the entire routine again before getting shit-canned a second time, then the infamous Derek Harris thread in which he may as well have just bull-dozed his shop down , and now Mr. 902moto calling potential users ,cheap as fuck, pussies , and basically "non-pros need not apply" Now granted, 902 hasn't got to the stage that the past few have gotten to ,but why not just initially announce who he was and how proud of his engineering and product he is ? If I were a business owner (I am actually) with a revolutionary product (don't have that,lol)) i would send a few of my products to the Vital test crew and offer Vital members a limited time offer of a 20%(or whatever%works) discount with a money back guarantee if not satisfied. While I am not a graduate of the Wharton School of Business , I'm betting that approach would work a little better than bantering back and forth and belittling the potential customer base.

All that being said, as a long time user and believer in aluminum tubes w/bearings ,I like the engineering behind the the ZRT and was considering trying a couple on our race bikes, cost is a bit high for the average consumer ,but these are obviously not aimed at that audience.
902moto
5/15/2020 6:11pm
OldPro277 wrote:
It has amazed me that so many "business" owners have felt the need to come on the site and start actively bashing a somewhat large potential...
It has amazed me that so many "business" owners have felt the need to come on the site and start actively bashing a somewhat large potential customer base in response to what they feel is a lukewarm response to their service or product. Just in the not so distant past, we've had that MXM dude hawking 80's Retro jerseys (with non-licensed logos) that went Phase 4 meltdown when every Vital member didnt buy 6 or 7 each, then he comes back a year later under a different name and repeats the entire routine again before getting shit-canned a second time, then the infamous Derek Harris thread in which he may as well have just bull-dozed his shop down , and now Mr. 902moto calling potential users ,cheap as fuck, pussies , and basically "non-pros need not apply" Now granted, 902 hasn't got to the stage that the past few have gotten to ,but why not just initially announce who he was and how proud of his engineering and product he is ? If I were a business owner (I am actually) with a revolutionary product (don't have that,lol)) i would send a few of my products to the Vital test crew and offer Vital members a limited time offer of a 20%(or whatever%works) discount with a money back guarantee if not satisfied. While I am not a graduate of the Wharton School of Business , I'm betting that approach would work a little better than bantering back and forth and belittling the potential customer base.

All that being said, as a long time user and believer in aluminum tubes w/bearings ,I like the engineering behind the the ZRT and was considering trying a couple on our race bikes, cost is a bit high for the average consumer ,but these are obviously not aimed at that audience.
I would be happy to answer any and all of your questions. Yes there has been some banter. But like I said, I didn’t start the thread or even know about it until I googled ZRT to see where it was popping up. So I followed. What ensued was a Luke warm reception which is fine. But people started making jokes about 500 dollar throttles bla bla bla. A couple stuck up for the idea and explained the theory and engineering behind it. And some just straight up insulted it. I reserve the right to have an opinion on that. If they want to insult, I can go there to. One thing you got wrong was you said “I called them cheap fucks and called them pussies”. Let’s be correct in our quoting tho, please.
I said “don’t be a cheap fuck”
And “not for pussies”

It amazes me that people can come on here spit out their rhetoric and I am not allow to defend or voice my opinion.

Look, I get it. It’s pricy. It’s not for everyone. And that is ok.

I would like to add something to this that I do t think has been covered Everyone is so quick to point out how pricey they are. But I want to point out, they are machines and made right here in the USA. A lot of people complain about price on everything. Take the new KTM 4 strokes. Going up in price every year it seems like. They use to be 8500 bucks. Now? Closer to 11k
If you guys say buy American, it may cost you more but it’s made in America. And that carries weight with me. Maybe not the cheap fucks. But with me, hell yeah it does. I want my fellow Americans to have jobs. And the more we farm our parts out to China, the less jobs we will have! Sure, you can buy the Tuak for 59 bucks or whatever it is. But that IS made in China. Along with a lot of the other ones. Don’t you guys want to see American companies succeed? I sure do. Including mine.

I dont wish you guys any I’ll will. I played hockey for a long time and know how to handle hecklers. It’s all good. I just wish most of you would use your brain before your keyboard muscles start typing away. Because I am here. And reading your comments. At least I was will to stick my neck out for our sport and try to build something better then the average for the better of the sport. And it is working. Slowly, but working.

5/15/2020 6:33pm
aeffertz wrote:
Can someone tell me if this thread is worth the read? I keep seeing it get bumped to the top, lol.
It's decent off-season caliber stuff. Not localrider gear cleaning level but pretty good nonetheless.
OldPro277
5/15/2020 6:57pm
902moto wrote:
I would be happy to answer any and all of your questions. Yes there has been some banter. But like I said, I didn’t start the...
I would be happy to answer any and all of your questions. Yes there has been some banter. But like I said, I didn’t start the thread or even know about it until I googled ZRT to see where it was popping up. So I followed. What ensued was a Luke warm reception which is fine. But people started making jokes about 500 dollar throttles bla bla bla. A couple stuck up for the idea and explained the theory and engineering behind it. And some just straight up insulted it. I reserve the right to have an opinion on that. If they want to insult, I can go there to. One thing you got wrong was you said “I called them cheap fucks and called them pussies”. Let’s be correct in our quoting tho, please.
And “not for pussies”

It amazes me that people can come on here spit out their rhetoric and I am not allow to defend or voice my opinion.

I would like to add something to this that I do t think has been covered Everyone is so quick to point out how pricey they are. But I want to point out, they are machines and made right here in the USA. A lot of people complain about price on everything. Take the new KTM 4 strokes. Going up in price every year it seems like. They use to be 8500 bucks. Now? Closer to 11k
If you guys say buy American, it may cost you more but it’s made in America. And that carries weight with me. Maybe not the cheap fucks. But with me, hell yeah it does. I want my fellow Americans to have jobs. And the more we farm our parts out to China, the less jobs we will have! Sure, you can buy the Tuak for 59 bucks or whatever it is. But that IS made in China. Along with a lot of the other ones. Don’t you guys want to see American companies succeed? I sure do. Including mine.

I dont wish you guys any I’ll will. I played hockey for a long time and know how to handle hecklers. It’s all good. I just wish most of you would use your brain before your keyboard muscles start typing away. Because I am here. And reading your comments. At least I was will to stick my neck out for our sport and try to build something better then the average for the better of the sport. And it is working. Slowly, but working.

Actually, it may be YOU that needs to re-read your own post,lol. Your exact quote was " I get it, you guys are as cheap as F" . Anyway, you are proving my point a bit here. You should be able to defend your product without being antagonistic or making derogatory statements . As far as believing in "Made in America" , I'm sure every person on here buys American when they can regardless of price, I know I do.

As for me , I didn't bust your balls about price ,quality or effectiveness of the throttle, I'm merely suggesting that you need to re-look at your marketing practices Tongue
902moto
5/15/2020 7:01pm
902moto wrote:
I would be happy to answer any and all of your questions. Yes there has been some banter. But like I said, I didn’t start the...
And “not for pussies”

OldPro277 wrote:
Actually, it may be YOU that needs to re-read your own post,lol. Your exact quote was " I get it, you guys are as cheap as...
Actually, it may be YOU that needs to re-read your own post,lol. Your exact quote was " I get it, you guys are as cheap as F" . Anyway, you are proving my point a bit here. You should be able to defend your product without being antagonistic or making derogatory statements . As far as believing in "Made in America" , I'm sure every person on here buys American when they can regardless of price, I know I do.

As for me , I didn't bust your balls about price ,quality or effectiveness of the throttle, I'm merely suggesting that you need to re-look at your marketing practices Tongue
Your right. Sorry for my miss quote. I “miss spoke” 😂
OldPro277
5/15/2020 7:03pm
I had an English teacher in high school named Miss Spoke...
902moto
5/15/2020 7:07pm
OldPro277 wrote:
I had an English teacher in high school named Miss Spoke...
Was she hot? 😂
OldPro277
5/15/2020 7:10pm
Im 60 now, so that was 44 years ago and my memory probably has enhanced her physical attributes, but when you're 16 just about any woman under 40 is hot enough !!!
902moto
5/15/2020 7:14pm
I had a teacher named Ms Angel. And she was! So hot.
aeffertz
5/15/2020 7:28pm
Wow, what a thread. Here's the TLDR;

Product: Well made
Advertising: Shady
PR: Disastrous

Post a reply to: ZRT throttle tube

The Latest