Yz85 fuel tank

Related:
Create New Tag

3/6/2021 9:45 PM

Hi all,

I have looked ln the forum and net to see if i could find an answer but nothing hence why i am posting here.
My kid is about to go to 85 bw and wants to try a yz85 but we r both a bit bummbed about the fuel tank design and the looks from the RHS. I know it makes bo difference when riding but he s still not convinced.
Is there an after market tank that can be fitted in addition to shrouds to suit.
He s even considering the kx85 as an alternative but doesn t ike the pipe on the lhs....
Kids, i tell you..

|

3/7/2021 12:07 AM

Go for a 17+ ktm/husqy/gasgas.
Awesome bikes...

|

3/8/2021 6:34 AM

There isn't any cure for that. My son tested every mini bike for years at DirtRider, there isn't any weird feeling from any of the Asym tank designs. Yamaha is a great bike, we raced them in '18, what everyone here will tell you IS true on THIS matter.... KTM / Husq / GG is by far the best choice unless you are made of and start camp fires with money! Yes, more expensive up front but far less in the end.

|

3/8/2021 1:32 PM

Thanks guys for the replies.
Good to hear that there are no issues or feeling about the fuel tank design.
At this stage we r not racing do not really worried about being the fastest out there. He s just having heaps of funwith his friends.
Furthermore, he s not on the pipe all the time and prefers low end power, cornering than high speeds if this makes sense, hence why we were looking at the yz85.
At the end it will be his choice, but man that fuel tank design sucks... from the LHS it looks mint, but front end and RHS it s ugly...
Any reasons why it was design like that out of curiosity.
I just noticed on one of the bike sales website, there is a gas gas for sale at the same price as the yz. I might go and have a look though it s just a rebranded ktm...

|

3/8/2021 1:44 PM

Froggy76 wrote:

Thanks guys for the replies.
Good to hear that there are no issues or feeling about the fuel tank design.
At this stage we r ...more

Design is like that because it was the norm for single radiator bikes for most of dirt bike history until recently. There is no need for a radiator shroud when there is no radiator to shroud.

|

3/9/2021 3:54 AM

Fair enough, but still very strange.
My son doesn t seem to be worried about the look though

|