Yz450 owners

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
Edited Date/Time 11/17/2017 2:33pm
I have a 2014 YZ450 and just bought a tuner two weeks ago. Do any of you have any maps that you recommend? I’m pretty stoked to get to mess around with it.
|
BAD10
11/17/2017 12:26am
Do a search on Google and some will come up. Dubach Racing will also e-mail you some maps.
fourfourone
11/17/2017 5:53am
I bought one but haven't used it yet. I was worried about the power since I was coming off a 250f. the stock map wasn't to bad. its aggressive and require precise throttle control. only issue I have is riding after being fatigued. gonna try the linear map from Yamaha next ride
gsxr6
11/17/2017 6:27am Edited Date/Time 11/17/2017 6:30am
The " Preston map" that can be found online is a very good map. I cycle between it and the stock map. The stock map pulls through quickly and is faster. The Preston map feels faster, and makes for a very long pull feeling from top to bottom.

The Shop

yz133rider
11/17/2017 6:53am
Flywheel weight, g2 throttle tamer, and take 1-2 teeth off the rear, along with a mellow map if the mapping isn't enough
phatfi20
11/17/2017 7:08am
Look on the yamaha website and there are three maps for each year. Keefer also has one floating around.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/17/2017 7:10am
phatfi20 wrote:
Look on the yamaha website and there are three maps for each year. Keefer also has one floating around.
I actually printed those out already. And the kid that I bought the tuner from had knew keefer and Keefer programmed his map into it already
phatfi20
11/17/2017 7:21am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I actually printed those out already. And the kid that I bought the tuner from had knew keefer and Keefer programmed his map into it already
Cool.

If you find any others please post it or let me know.

Seems weird Yamaha gives you room for 9 maps but only releases 3. The manual doesn't tell you how to go about making your own maps eitherl. If something like this exists i would like to know.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/17/2017 7:25am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
phatfi20 wrote:
Cool. If you find any others please post it or let me know. Seems weird Yamaha gives you room for 9 maps but only releases 3...
Cool.

Seems weird Yamaha gives you room for 9 maps but only releases 3. The manual doesn't tell you how to go about making your own maps eitherl. If something like this exists i would like to know.
I definitely will. Do you have Keefer’s map? If not I’ll send it to you
phatfi20
11/17/2017 7:25am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
phatfi20 wrote:
Cool. If you find any others please post it or let me know. Seems weird Yamaha gives you room for 9 maps but only releases 3...
Cool.

Also FYI. This chassis does have "turning" issues that bother some. I believe the general consensus is getting springs/re valve by a good shop is the best single thing you can do. The chassis and handling is very sensitive to suspension setup. Night and day for me.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/17/2017 7:31am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
phatfi20 wrote:
Cool.

phatfi20 wrote:
Also FYI. This chassis does have "turning" issues that bother some. I believe the general consensus is getting springs/re valve by a good shop is the...
Also FYI. This chassis does have "turning" issues that bother some. I believe the general consensus is getting springs/re valve by a good shop is the best single thing you can do. The chassis and handling is very sensitive to suspension setup. Night and day for me.
Once I put the bars I like and got rid of that stupid MX51 front tire, I really didn’t have any issues with the turning. Now, last year I sent my suspension to Enzo and had them spring and revolve for my weight and they also did a lowering plate in the rear shock. I didn’t have a problem with handling or turning before, but man, when I got it back from them it was even better! Turned way better and handles amazing!
phatfi20
11/17/2017 7:35am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Once I put the bars I like and got rid of that stupid MX51 front tire, I really didn’t have any issues with the turning. Now...
Once I put the bars I like and got rid of that stupid MX51 front tire, I really didn’t have any issues with the turning. Now, last year I sent my suspension to Enzo and had them spring and revolve for my weight and they also did a lowering plate in the rear shock. I didn’t have a problem with handling or turning before, but man, when I got it back from them it was even better! Turned way better and handles amazing!
Ohh. Sorry i misread you post and thought you got power turner AND bike 2 weeks ago. durrrrr.

I already have keefers map, thanks. Enzo does great work. I was between them and KB5 which is much closer for me so i went that direction. I hear nothing but great things from Enzo. I bet its great.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/17/2017 7:43am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Once I put the bars I like and got rid of that stupid MX51 front tire, I really didn’t have any issues with the turning. Now...
phatfi20 wrote:
Ohh. Sorry i misread you post and thought you got power turner AND bike 2 weeks ago. durrrrr. I already have keefers map, thanks. Enzo does...
Ohh. Sorry i misread you post and thought you got power turner AND bike 2 weeks ago. durrrrr.

I already have keefers map, thanks. Enzo does great work. I was between them and KB5 which is much closer for me so i went that direction. I hear nothing but great things from Enzo. I bet its great.
Haha it’s all good. I bought the bike brand new in July of 2013. But a buddy and I went 50/50 on the tuner because he bought a 17 a couple months ago.

Enzo’s stuff is great. I won’t use anyone else anymore.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/17/2017 8:25am
twotwosix wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/17/225655/s1200_YZ450fmap.jpg[/img]

How did this change the power? Smoother, harder hitting?
TJ 755
11/17/2017 10:14am
I run the MXA/ Keefer map on my 14. smoothes it out but still wheely out of every corner
gsxr6
11/17/2017 12:02pm Edited Date/Time 11/17/2017 12:25pm
I say skip the throttle tamer and flywheel weight, go up two teeth on rear sprocket instead! Lol. I moved the forks up in the clamps until they almost touch the bars( second line) and run between 108 and 112 sag to chopper it back out a little. Front tire is well planted, more so than my 17 crf450. The crf will out turn it no doubt, but is way less planted feeling. The gearing down will allow u to pull 3rd sooner, which makes for a much less aggressive feeling for me oddly enough. The stock gearing hooks, and the front tire comes up. With two teeth taller I can bust the tire loose with the throttle and just steer with the rear, mitigating the insta wheelies. On a side note, the bike has never put me on the ground yet after 4 years! That's not normal for me, I'm crash prone lol. Also got to ride a buddy's yz426f back to back with my 14 and I'll never complain about any part of the 14 handling, weight feel, suspension, or power again after that. People who say they haven't come very far since the early 2000s have bumped there heads, esp in regards to power, suspension, and turning prowess! The 14 feels like a 125 turning compared to that 426. Also rode a buddy's 04 yz450 back to back with the 14. The 04 did feel lighter no doubt. The 14 felt stronger than that 04 and he had it geared for about 55mph( 4 spd years). Alot stronger. O yeah the mx3s front tire is a must on the 14 to me. Anything else ( pirelli, mx51, mx52, maxxis) all have a big push on entry. Moving the rear wheel back helps with the wheelying to( less traction), however it doesn't help the turning or traction hehe. I took a link out of the chain, and still went up a tooth after that, the wheel is super forward almost to the swingarm on mine and I def prefer it over the wheel further back.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/17/2017 2:32pm Edited Date/Time 11/17/2017 2:33pm
gsxr6 wrote:
I say skip the throttle tamer and flywheel weight, go up two teeth on rear sprocket instead! Lol. I moved the forks up in the clamps...
I say skip the throttle tamer and flywheel weight, go up two teeth on rear sprocket instead! Lol. I moved the forks up in the clamps until they almost touch the bars( second line) and run between 108 and 112 sag to chopper it back out a little. Front tire is well planted, more so than my 17 crf450. The crf will out turn it no doubt, but is way less planted feeling. The gearing down will allow u to pull 3rd sooner, which makes for a much less aggressive feeling for me oddly enough. The stock gearing hooks, and the front tire comes up. With two teeth taller I can bust the tire loose with the throttle and just steer with the rear, mitigating the insta wheelies. On a side note, the bike has never put me on the ground yet after 4 years! That's not normal for me, I'm crash prone lol. Also got to ride a buddy's yz426f back to back with my 14 and I'll never complain about any part of the 14 handling, weight feel, suspension, or power again after that. People who say they haven't come very far since the early 2000s have bumped there heads, esp in regards to power, suspension, and turning prowess! The 14 feels like a 125 turning compared to that 426. Also rode a buddy's 04 yz450 back to back with the 14. The 04 did feel lighter no doubt. The 14 felt stronger than that 04 and he had it geared for about 55mph( 4 spd years). Alot stronger. O yeah the mx3s front tire is a must on the 14 to me. Anything else ( pirelli, mx51, mx52, maxxis) all have a big push on entry. Moving the rear wheel back helps with the wheelying to( less traction), however it doesn't help the turning or traction hehe. I took a link out of the chain, and still went up a tooth after that, the wheel is super forward almost to the swingarm on mine and I def prefer it over the wheel further back.
Oh I’m not doing anything to it. No flywheel weight or anything like that. I don’t have an issue with gearing or any of that either. I’m just curious as to what everyone is using for mapping. The tuner is a new toy to play with for me haha. Once I had Enzo do the suspension(they did their lowering plate in the shock) it handles even better than it did before. I have no complaints about the bike at all.
TJ 755
11/17/2017 2:33pm
gsxr6 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/17/225709/s1200_Screenshot_20171117_122719.jpg[/img]

this is the one I run. Meant Preston not Keefer

Post a reply to: Yz450 owners

The Latest